NetCentrics Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Incident Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAMarch 21, 2018
I really enjoy working at Netcentrics, great colleagues and management. It a place that offers opportunity for career growth and truly appreciates and reconizes their employees.
no review
Senior Information Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Crystal City, VAFebruary 26, 2018
Work for me was exciting, because I had the opportunity to meet new customers, interacting with them on a daily basics, and be a part of assuring that their equipment allowed them to complete their task.

There was a great opportunity to learned so much about different equipment and platforms. Loved my work.

The most important part of my support, was the opportunity to work across many platforms, and the chance to continue support to different Agencies, all across US.
NetCetnrics is a great company
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Henrico, VAJanuary 29, 2018
I would highly recommend you work here if given the chance. The work environment is amazing, and the CEO's have an open door policy, where you can walk in and ask questions if need be.
Great Company!!!
Cyber Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 14, 2017
Fun Company to work for!!! They know how to have fun and get work done. The company still has a lot of growth to go through and that will cause growing pains over time between the corporate leadership and the contracted staff on the customers site. I would work for this company in a heart beat again.
Pros
Great pay, benefits and PTO
Cons
none that i can think of
Great place to work, very focused on employees and culture
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 14, 2017
One of the best companies I've ever worked for in terms of job satisfaction and employee focus. Going above and beyond is recognized and encouraged. Hope they will continue to follow their core values as they grow.
Pros
good culture, career opportunities
Friendly
Cyber Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Crystal City, VADecember 5, 2017
We do a lot of scanning and reports.
It's a friendly working place, everyone are very nice.
We work as a team, we have 7 people on our team.
it's slow from time to time, but we get our work done.
Fun place to work
End Users Devices Technician (Current Employee) –  Pentagon, DCNovember 6, 2017
I have worked for a lot of companies and Net centrics has been awesome place to work. the company is really about family and taking care of their people.
Great Place
Tier 2 Desk-Side Technician (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 1, 2017
I've enjoyed my time here, pretty straightforward and easy job to learn/get the hang of. I'm still working here currently and I can say they are a wonderful place to work for.
a great team
Senior VMware Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 3, 2017
place of business was hard to get to on a day to day basis, but the best thing is the staff never left you on your own to sort out issue. Also the people in the team were the most knowledgeable that I have ever worked with.
Good While It Lasted
ANALYST (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 20, 2017
Over time the culture shifted from a family-centric to a self-centric environment where office politics and individual relationships were the order of the day. I had a wonderful direct supervisor who was concerned about my career growth but overall the company did not offer much opportunity for growth outside of a favored few or those at HQ.
Pros
Happy hours
Cons
There was one bucket for vacation and PTO

Want to know more about NetCentrics?

Ask a question
Managers with right no how
Desk side support technician (Current Employee) –  The Pentagon........Arlingtion VA.October 18, 2016
I have always appreciated how NetCentrics was careful to place the correct people in management.

They are patient and make it a point to listen with you. They are thorough, on point, but they will work with you.

They expect a lot, but they have always given a lot in return.
Pros
Informative "All Hands Meetings"
Cons
Not enough room for advancement.
Great work place
Director of Contracts (Current Employee) –  McLean, VASeptember 1, 2016
Great work place and great people, growing firm with lots of flexibility and .

• Provide Contract Administration/Management for cradle-to-grave contract support, as well as, Subject Matter Expert advisor to Executive Leadership
• Provide Mentoring and Supervision oversight to Contract Staff to ensure all binding contract activities are technically efficient and compliant
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Lots of work
good company
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 25, 2016
great company to work for, I recommend them and the growth is great. They are willing to train and show you how to do the work needed to complete tasks.
Would not work for them again ....
Problem Management Engineer (Former Employee) –  VAJune 30, 2016
I worked at NetCentrics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small -- easy to get a hold of upper management

Cons

left me on a failing contract while they were being bought out than let me go.

Advice to Management

Claims to keep employee first, never follow-ups
Great Group of Engineers
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 25, 2015
I worked with a great group of Engineers at Netcentrics. There was lots of turnover, almost yearly of both management and staff. I survived many cuts in the past, and saw alot of good people come and go. Regardless, I was fortunate to work with such a knowledgeable group of individuals. You will not be forgotten.
Pros
Lots to learn and lots of engineers to learn from
Cons
yearly turnover of management and staff. Contract issues and concerns.
Reasonable Place to Work
Project Management (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 20, 2015
After being acquired by Haystax, the culture at NetCentrics changed significantly. It used to have a small company feel but that has been replaced with new management. Overall it is a reasonable place to work.
Fun work place
IT Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Rosslyn VAAugust 17, 2015
This company has a strong corporate work force that will help you in contract administration so you can focus on the contract work.
Pros
Small company
Cons
Small company
Resource Allocation
Lead CRM Administrator (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 17, 2015
Overall I've had a positive experience. The company has issues allocating the resources needed for the client/customer. This leaves people working extensive hours to complete projects and tasks.
Small company growing quickly
Senior Technical Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAFebruary 25, 2015
Communication to the employees on the contract is not consistent. Company is good when dealing with personal emergencies. Benefits are good, medical and vacation especially good.
Avoid this one
MD (Former Employee) –  VADecember 22, 2014
This review is somewhat invalid as Netcentrics has been acquired by a company called Haystax, but I'll relate my opinion anyway . Originally founded by three geeks ( for want of a better description ) this company had a warm and honest interaction with it's initially small
workforce. Primarily a network admin orientated company, it was awarded a major service desk contract in 2012 which changed everything.

More than tripling in size overnight, it's inadequate infrastructure began to show. An unprofessional web and email site setup using off-the-shelf MS products, focuses on "Happy Birthday" greetings for the most part and is joke to most employees. Their time card and earnings websites use Intuit and another app that are more suited for a small company than a company of 300+ employees.

Their vacation policy is a bone of contention for most employees and shows a lack of consideration on the company's part. Instead of alloting a portion of the annual vacation at the start of employment , an employee must accrue all leave. So what's wrong with that?

Well, NONE of the traditional holidays are company paid. You must use PTO for Christmas, New Years, Thanksgiving, etc. If you start with the company in September -October , you will therefore find it difficult not to be in a negative PTO situation by February. Naturally the 26th, of December and every other government closure must be utilized with PTO , even though no one has control over the weather or government's whims. Working extra hours to live with this restrictive
vacation policy is hard, and you cannot bank these
  more... extra hours for a contingency in the future.They must be used within the month worked.

Management represents the very worst in a small , but now big company. Cutthroat office politics, and unyielding directives, are the order of the day. Turn-over of employees is rampant but no one at HR sees that as a problem. It's hilarious, when one sees all the request for emergency work hours because of being short staffed. Advancement and exposure to different skills are non-existent unless one is a member of the inner circle and has a brown nose. Employee
happiness is low and most will ,and do, leave as soon as an opportunity presents itself

This is not the same company that it was years ago. It's sale and acquision was one of "get our foot in the door" on the part of Haystax

If you are considering employment with this company be aware of what you will be coming into. Ask about their vacation policy and advancement opportunities

Sometimes staying small is better.
Pros
Acquired and now a subsidiary of a larger company
Cons
Vacation policy, management, little chance of advancement, Office politics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NetCentrics. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

83out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at NetCentrics.