NetCracker Employee Reviews

Poor Management Direction
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLApril 10, 2018
When the company operated as Convergys it was a good place to work. After the Netcracker buyout they were in the 'outsource everything without regard to quality or functionality' mode.
Russian business culture - Animal Farm describes it best
Vice President - Business Development (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 12, 2018
No respect for for staff, employees or IP. NEC have hands off approach to their subsidiary. The only company CEO I know who need fake Fortune magazine covers to be hung in the office.

Think Amdocs and Tech M merged badly.

Legacy BSS OSS software works wells. No product road map.
A place where you work
Revenue Accountant (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MASeptember 5, 2017
It is a great place to learn and build a solid foundation for a career. Benefits are okay. Culture needs a bit of work but otherwise a great place. j
If you like chaos...
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 29, 2017
I cant describe the working at the NetCracker. I had the good pay and the good colleagues but nobody never know what it is happening next. I always working very difficult and this days it is nice to have the break.
Project oriented company
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rincon, GAMarch 20, 2017
The division of the company I worked for was sold. I was able to keep my job and continue it from home when the office location was closed. Very thankful for the opportunity.
Good atmos
Senior Java EE Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 22, 2015
Keen on working here
Many projects
Russian society
High standards
Qualified specialists
Cutting-Edge techs
Demanding
Well Paid
Business on a long steady decline
Senior management (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 27, 2015
Made a go of it for several years at NetCracker in professional services. Sales, account management, and delivery all have management too narrowly focused on one account or one practice. Not really experienced to manage the diversity of products and geographies NetCracker has inherited through acquisitions. Sales is probably the best, delivery the worst.
Focus is always on cost cutting and pushing offshore (Russian Staff) in all corners, regardless of skill or fit. Put me at odds with my clients but I was powerless to change the culture.
Career path, goals, management, and visibility to timing and criteria for merit were all completely absent.
I was able to really do my own thing for a long time though because of this, but I eventually got tired of working in a silo. The steady declines of revenue also led to several friends being let go suddenly with no severance at all. The pieces are there for a good business (product and some tenured experts) but I just can't see current management being successful at it.
Pros
No micro management, leave your client relationships alone, nobody has to come into the office
Cons
Lack of career growth, substandard merit increases, long delays in bonuses and raises, inexperienced management
Productive environment, Good Job Culture
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denver ColoradoJune 18, 2014
Productive environment, Good Job Culture
The overall experience was very enlightening. The Management is very supportive
Company in Transition
Project Manager 1 - Client Lead (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 6, 2014
Convergys IM was purchased by Netcracker a few years ago. This company is in transition as departments begin to merge.
Typical work environment is for all support staff to be off-shore and only client facing people to be in US.
Pros
Challenging projects
Cons
Determine course of best process and procedure for a company in transition
Up and coming company
Project Documentation Lead/Documentation Architect (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 31, 2014
Up and coming company. International. Leading edge technology.
Good experience
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  MoscowOctober 15, 2013
• Undertake project management activities, including leading, monitoring, assigning work and delegating, managing all aspects of the project delivery and reporting on project progress
• Accountable for client projects, including sales support during initial contact and contract negotiations, estimation of effort, work breakdown structures and creation of workplans, managing the on-going commercial relationship and the overall delivery of projects comprising implementation and integration of Algorithmics' solutions at client sites
• Report on project status including budget/schedule and issue tracking
• Ensure the full compliance with and enforced standard policies and procedures regarding project management, time and expense management.
• Proactively manage project impacting issues and risks effectively
• Oversee and assist with client implementations assigned to other project managers as required
• Build and lead effective and focused project delivery teams.
Private, closed minded company
Business and System Analyst (Former Employee) –  BostonSeptember 4, 2013
Very closed company
Great global opportunities
Great team work
Consultant
Netcracker Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 27, 2013
Currently supporting a role as consultant supporting billing database conversions, product functionality and supporting unique business needs of clients based upon contractual committments.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
slow periods on occassion
A very valuable learning experience and I formed lasting friendships.
Senior Analyst Perfromance Test Team (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLOctober 3, 2012
A typical day would involve performance testing, planning and helping other less experienced tesm members.

I learned about using LoadRunner to test large applications siulating 1,500 Virtual Users.

My management was supportive and accessible.

My co-workers were a close knit team that helped each other out during difficult times.

The hardest part of my job was when we lost a team-mate.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to work with a team that would be there for you when you needed them and that they knew they could count on you.
Pros
generous pto and free coffee.