Netflix Employee Reviews

Good
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJanuary 17, 2019
Good experience overall enjoyed keeping up with hood movies while at work and helping customers process payments as well as troubleshooting their devices
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Shift changes
LEAD QC INSPECTOR, LINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Bordentown, NJJanuary 9, 2019
Worked at this company for many years allowing me to grow. Great people to work with. Small group of employees but overall great company culture Management was great
Horrible place to work
Technical Support Analyst & Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJanuary 5, 2019
Netflix was a horrible place to work. You had to bid for your schedule like at an auction and the schedules were horrible as well. The management was horrible. Everything about it was horrible and I would never recommend anyone to work there.
Good, Professional extras work
Extra (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 4, 2019
I worked as an extra for a new TV show. I was hoping that they would pay a little better (didn't cover distance traveled at all), but the environment was professional. Good communication across the board. Really enjoyed it.
Too out of date
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 1, 2019
I was at Netflix years ago and review is too out of date to be useful. The company changes very quickly and is fast-paced. It was an enjoyable job, but people especially managers seemed expendable and got fired easily.
Great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 21, 2018
Wish I were still working there today. CSR1 position can be demanding but offers the most job security and they train you to do it all. Management seems to be constantly changing but doesn't really affect you doing your job receiving a paycheck and going home or overtime.
Pros
great work environment and pay
Cons
shifts based off of performance
Janitor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 20, 2018
the work is fine but they pay very little for the clean and there are not so many venues or days paid for the holidays, and is removed from where I live and there is no transport to San Jose is far away
Pros
Drinks and snacks
Cons
The breaks an lonch is okay
Was Good Until Oct 2018
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 20, 2018
Netflix CS was an awesome company to work for but that changed in October when they said 24-7 inTouch was taking over. Things started to change. People and managers were stating they were leaving in December. They coach to behaviors that is cool but having no paperwork of coachings or warnings is unfair. They will let you go with little to go on. With no official paperwork signed with what warnings were given, it’s just a bunch of he said she said stuff.
Pros
Support by Supervisors, half off food, laid back dress code
Cons
No paper trail of coachings
Day in a life of a Netflix worker
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MIDecember 9, 2018
Day to day we had to take incoming calls and help troubleshoot problems of callers. A great smooth child work vibe to some of the stress of our shoulders from certain callers.
This Job is honestly the worst.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 5, 2018
Well a typical day at Netflix, Just answering call after call. Mostly old people that can't figure out Netflix or understand that their internet is not working or too slow for Netflix to work correctly. Can't just tell them its not us. Netflix works fine its just like an app. If it works on your phone or for your neighbor then Netflix is working. Your internet isn't. So pretty much what will happen is you will get yelled at and blamed and cussed out because people are so dumb. Working at Netflix itself is fine, but that won't happen anymore because they sold the company to 24/7 wanna be teleperformance. No benefits and insurance will be insane.. Good luck if you apply.
Pros
Good atmosphere, Friendly coworkers
Cons
Call after call, rude people, and no benefits anymore.
OK job
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Oaks, PANovember 20, 2018
This was not a hard job as long as you could keep up with the required amount of boxes to be done. In the morning you go through all the returned DVDs, inspect them and put them in a box for processing. sounds easy but you can't be slow about it and same goes for after lunch when you have to repack DVDs for shipping.
Fun place and get to know a lot of people
Background role, (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMNovember 10, 2018
I was only an extra on a show on Netflix. Either way would recommend. It was great they fed you costumed you and paid very well. They do there best to make sure everyone is doing something. As well as are okay and well fed.
Pros
Free lunchs dinners and breakfest's
Awful hours!
Inspecting/Production/Assembly/Packaging (Former Employee) –  Fletcher, NCNovember 9, 2018
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday I had to work 5am till about 2pm, every Wednesday except the one in the middle of the month I had to be there at 3:30am and work until about 2pm and the Wednesday in the middle of each month I had to be there at 2:30am and work until about 2pm!
Good pay bad environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 7, 2018
The pay is very good, however the work environment is very stressful and strict.
Fun and different type of culture
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 2, 2018
This job was definitely one that stands out from the rest. You don't have to dress up or get ready - you just have to be awesome and deliver excellent customer service.
break room was well-equipped
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OROctober 31, 2018
pay was typical for the type of work, metrics were closely watched and attendance and adherence were very important due to the nature of the work. lots of great people.
Pros
free service, good break room selection, great holiday pay
It was me
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 31, 2018
It took a little while to admit this but it wasn't a good job fit for me. Initially great company to work for. Heard from some that still worth there that they are being switched to a third party teleperformance which is a horrible company.
Pros
Had a great culture
Cons
Now the culture went away
A great place to work for, great work flow and challenging
Operations Supervisor II (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYOctober 20, 2018
I loved working for Netflix. It was the most demanding company I worked for. The company strives on work ethic and rewards people accordingly. There are a lot of great opportunities within the company for advancement. Unfortunately my facility closed and I was unable to move to be relocated.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Odd work hours
Fun Place
Netflix Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 11, 2018
Netflix had the most fun culture of any job I have worked at, and if you get in with the right people, you can advance pretty quickly. the downside was the politics. If you were not in with the management, you will work the same position for years and never see advancement no matter how good you are
Pros
Great culture and Pay
Cons
Politics/favoritism
A fun place to work! The break lounge had gaming systems and tables too!
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 8, 2018
It was a great place to work! The customers were awesome as well as the staff! I loved it! And it's super easy to get to! Definitely a good career path.
Pros
Paid for half of lunches served in the building.
Cons
Hard to advance but definitely worth the work.