Netflix Culture reviews

Very fun job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIMarch 31, 2019
They train you well. Very hands on. They also have competitions where you can win, Roku devices, iPads, PlayStations. It was a very fun working environment. Definitely miss it.
Pros
HR is in the same building
Cons
Many team leaders
Fun & Exciting Place to Work but Not Long Term
Risk & Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 18, 2019
Overall great company but high turnover and can be competitive. If you are looking for stability, I would not recommend this company. It is a great opportunity to learn and your fellow employees will push you to excel.
Productive workplace
Set Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 12, 2019
Great workplace for an amazing award winning show. I can't wait for the next season. The actors are incredibly nice and the crew is really productive to work with
great place to work
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAFebruary 25, 2019
Entertainment, like friendship, is a fundamental human need; it changes how we feel and gives us common ground. Netflix is better entertainment at lower cost and greater scale than the world has ever seen. We want to entertain everyone, and make the world smile.

This document is about our unusual employee culture.

Like all great companies, we strive to hire the best and we value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusivity, and collaboration. What is special about Netflix, though, is how much we:

encourage independent decision-making by employees
share information openly, broadly, and deliberately
are extraordinarily candid with each other
keep only our highly effective people
avoid rules
Our core philosophy is people over process. More specifically, we have great people working together as a dream team. With this approach, we are a more flexible, fun, stimulating, creative, collaborative and successful organization.
The position you are applying for is the one I was fired from because I didn't drink the Koolaid.
Technical Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  North Salt Lake, UTFebruary 15, 2019
They fired me on the last week of training (six weeks into a multi-college-semester-length [by hour] course) because I "didn't fit within company culture." There was no warning, no coaching or feedback. No suggestions or working with me. Just gone. When I asked why, they gave me vague things about not being a good fit and not contributing to the culture they want. They were absolutely cold and unfeeling. Threatened to have me removed from the building despite me showing no signs of agitation or desire to make a scene. I am completely shocked and have NO idea why they fired me. I was doing awesome and working great within my training group. I needed this job so badly. I'm now looking at possible homelessness and losing my car. THEY DO NOT CARE. Don't work here.
n/a
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAFebruary 14, 2019
Great and ambitious company to work. for. Everyone is smart and wanting to do well in their position. Everything you read online about the culture of fear is true and there are definitely politics that are played.
LEAD QC INSPECTOR, LINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Bordentown, NJJanuary 9, 2019
Worked at this company for many years allowing me to grow. Great people to work with. Small group of employees but overall great company culture Management was great
It was me
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 31, 2018
It took a little while to admit this but it wasn't a good job fit for me. Initially great company to work for. Heard from some that still worth there that they are being switched to a third party teleperformance which is a horrible company.
Pros
Had a great culture
Cons
Now the culture went away
Fun Place
Netflix Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 11, 2018
Netflix had the most fun culture of any job I have worked at, and if you get in with the right people, you can advance pretty quickly. the downside was the politics. If you were not in with the management, you will work the same position for years and never see advancement no matter how good you are
Pros
Great culture and Pay
Cons
Politics/favoritism
A fun place to work! The break lounge had gaming systems and tables too!
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 8, 2018
It was a great place to work! The customers were awesome as well as the staff! I loved it! And it's super easy to get to! Definitely a good career path.
Pros
Paid for half of lunches served in the building.
Cons
Hard to advance but definitely worth the work.
CHAT & EMAIL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 12, 2018
It was all around a great working environment. I can't complain about anything because I felt supported and my superiors promoted me in my duties and helped me really understand my position.
Pros
all
its Netflix
Customer service qgent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 5, 2018
The Job itself is easy but living the "culture" and life that a call center creates can be exhausting. very social circles makes it either very easy or difficult to get promoted.
It's great
CSR • Transition CSR2 (Former Employee) –  SLC, UTJuly 30, 2018
You want to work there. The people are great, the culture is great. I had to leave due to some family issues and needing to relocate but I would have stayed if possible.
CSR position was easier than I thought
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 21, 2018
8 hour work day with Mondays as the busiest. Majority of the management are good people to work for. The culture was family oriented until the CSR cutbacks became real.
Autonomy and Freedom
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 13, 2018
On the one hand you are in a culture that offers a great deal of autonomy and freedom. In some aspects this is a fantastic benefit and allow for individual thinking and action planning. On the other hand it is very difficult to organize and drive toward organizational consistency.
Pros
Great pay and awesome brand
Cons
Benefits and consistency
Fun, social environment
Netflix Extra (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORMay 11, 2018
Typically we would arrive very early and stay very late. The amount of time spent on set would very according to how well the shooting was going. The management was very kind and understanding of any needs from people and would adapt on the fly. The workplace culture was fast paced and relaxed at the same time. Wherever you were there is a fun conversation to be had with people. The long hours can get tedious however it isn't the worst thing in the world.
Pros
Free lunch and breakfast
Best job ever
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAApril 30, 2018
Best management ive ever worked for
Co-workers super friendly and get along with each other
Hours were great as a part time i still averaged 30+ weekly
Would recomend to everyone
Pros
Great everything
The Best
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 11, 2018
The chat portion of working for Netflix was amazing, I helped launch the opening in Denver,Co. It was the best culture for a work place, we didn't have a scripted and could honestly help the customer.
Great People, High Stress
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORApril 1, 2018
Netflix (at least at the time I was working there) did a good job of hiring people who would fit into their culture and did a good job training their people. That said there was a lot expected of every employee considering what they were being paid. It was a call center and everything you do in the building was strictly monitored. If you were 5 seconds late logging into your phone to take calls at the start of your shift or returning from a break or lunch it was noted and someone would be talking to you about it.
Pros
Free Netflix account and good benefits
Cons
Micro Managed, Could have been paid more.
Great company
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesApril 1, 2018
High performance culture with extremely competitive goals with an ever changing set of processes. Work hard, play hard is a mantra that the company lives.

Unlimited time off, but you must perform at your position at all levels. If you are not a good fit or get caught working against the core values you will be removed from the company quickly. The culture is great but stressful seeing good people shown the door. If you don't fit or are no longer useful you get a "generous severance package."

They pay well and the packages are lucrative. But they demand performance and collaboration with the performance. They are always looking to push performance and find a better way. Not afraid to try something outside of the box.

You are given the ability to choose your team and mold them as you want. But you must perform and get results.
Pros
pay, time off, paid health insurance, leadership
Cons
high performance can be stessful