NetJets Employee Reviews

Management Hates The Workers
Pilot (Former Employee) –  USJune 10, 2018
I never understood how a company that was constantly attacking their employees could stay in business for so long. I guess there are enough suckers out there willing put up with that. Not me any more.
Pros
none really
Cons
Warren Buffet, management, 14 hour days, airlining all over creation for seven days straight, maintenance lies, planes are junk, etc.
Busy work environment with friendly people
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 27, 2018
I enjoyed my time at this company for the whole year that i was there. It kept me busy and i enjoyed getting to know my coworkers. Great atmosphere. There was always plenty of work to do as a data entry specialist. The most enjoyable thing for me was getting to know everyone there. The hardest part was trying to maintain a certain amount of work orders to get done on a daily basis. I learned to work well as an individual and on a team.
Pros
Work potlucks
Don't trust your boss
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 26, 2018
I would definitely not recommend working here unless you are accustomed to mind games from your superiors.
Long ago it was a fun place to work - but then they became associated with a publicly traded company.
The sharks soon gathered, and the rest is history.
Sr. Travel Coordinator
Sr. Travel Coordinator - Full time (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 14, 2018
This place is absolutly horrible. Managers will treat you like garbage.
They will learn one day that they cannot treat people like this and just throw money at it and hope it goes away.
Do not tell them you are gay if you work here and you better hope they never figure it out because they will fire you.
Pros
Money
Cons
Bad culture, lies, will fire you for no reason
Base pay not competitive.
Senior Unix Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 19, 2018
Workplace consisted of basically long tables with very little privacy. Supposed to be more collaborative but it felt like everyone was being watched. People were good.
Underpaid Staff
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 3, 2018
Politics and low salary. Micromanagement and a bit of racism in the work environment. The management seems to be deceptive about a lot of things. The work is very poor.
Fascinating place to work
Lead Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 25, 2018
NetJets is such a varied business there is always something of interest. There are areas of sales and marketing, logistics, purchasing, HR, customer facing areas and non0customer facing.
Pros
variety of business areas
Cons
too many layers of seperation between IT and business
Great Place to Work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 21, 2018
Over time, everything tends to change, however during my tenure and experience, I enjoyed it and learned so much that I was able to take with me to use in future endeavors.
To many leadership changes
VP, Repair Station Operations (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 19, 2018
It was difficult to gain any traction with the amount of leadership changes that occurred over the years. Just in 2017 alone I had four different leadership changes.
Pros
Senior Leardership
Cons
Leadership
Good company
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 7, 2018
The industry is very interesting. There is continuous learning as things are always changing. You need to enjoy diversity, working unusual schedules, and staying very busy!
great people to work for.
Airport Concierge (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYDecember 20, 2017
It’s a fast paced job with a lot going on especially during the holidays, you will meet some amazing people along the way and become friends with flight crews.
Pros
very organized company and flexible with employees.
Cons
winter operations can be extremely cold
Watch for periodic reorgs
IT (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 18, 2017
A recent (2017) IT "reorg" left nine IT team members (including staff, Lead, Manager, Director) all out the door with no notice - It included some very hard workers and some deep into needed projects.

Again - it is an issue with Management.
Pros
Good job, good co-workers
Cons
Bad Management in IT and no career ladder
NetJets Inc.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 30, 2017
Safety is the culture first. The Owner service is second. the company is very specialized and the aviation maintenance staff is very focused on high grade work.
Fun place to work.
Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 22, 2017
I was a contract employee at NetJets supporting the accounting team. My position mainly consisted of internally auditing client flights catering for accurate charges to NetJets and it's client base.
Pros
Fun fast pace place to work.
Cons
Position was only a contract position.
Your worst nightmare
Aviation Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 17, 2017
A dispatcher is just a pawn, the company has them there in the event a fiery crash occurs. And you get sent to prison the rest of your life. This company loves to throw people under the bus.. A crash is overdue, since this company could careless about safety. If you are a white man with no personality, and knows how to cower and kiss rear ends. This job is for you.
Pros
Pizza 1x a month
Cons
Its all cons
Great Company
Vice President, Aircraft Management Sales (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 6, 2017
The people are great and the compensation is strong. The best company to work for in fractional ownership or aircraft management. It's incredibly resourceful for its clients and the people care about each other and the customer.
Fast paced, fun and challenging environment
MANAGER, RISK MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 21, 2017
NetJets takes very good care of their customers and expects the same from all team members who are awarded handsomely for their hard work. Core goals and mission statements are clear. I like the diversity of it being an international company. NetJets are leaders in the private business jet industry.
Poor Job Training
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 31, 2017
The position I was in requires someone with prior knowledge of the company. As I came from outside the company from a completely different industry, it was difficult to walk into the position and self-teach yourself about the industry and understand the job strategy.
Successful Company
Executive Jet Management (Former Employee) –  FinanceApril 15, 2017
High profile company owned by Berkshire Hathaway, top of the field in executive aircraft usage. I was proud to be associated. Quarter share aircraft companies are highly competitive and the position of China on the world stage effected our company. At one time, there was a concerted effort to expand into China, but it was postponed indefinitely due to unstable conditions in China. At that time, it was decided to shut down the maintenance function at the Luncan Airport facility and approximately 100 employees were downsized. Currently, the company is concentrating on growing the charter services.
Pros
Four weeks of vacation after 10 years; great benefits.
Cons
Too much turnover of upper management personnel, unnerving, upsetting.
Looks pretty on the outside but the inside is rotten
maintenance (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 9, 2017
While the company looks pretty on the outside, it is rotten inside. Management does not care about its employees. You are only filling a spot. They play favorites. They will lie and deceive you. There is a reason why so many departments are going union.

Listen to many vendors that deal with multiple departments and they will say the same thing. That throughout the company there are many of the same concerns and people truelove dislike it there.
Cons
terrible management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NetJets. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight