NetTel USA Inc Employee Reviews

The ideal office environment with snack machines.
Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYSeptember 19, 2018
I clock into work in the morning and make phone calls to customers who are late on there bill. We make phone calls out for multiple business, as of right now i'm on the charter project. I learned how to negotiate and talk to customers. Management is good, i became close to some of the managers. Hardest part of the job is trying to make the time go quicker, it does get slow when the phone calls come in slow.
NeTtel was a chilling environment to be around , everyone got their job done , but st the same time enjoyed themselves.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYAugust 24, 2018
In all honesty , being that i worked there for a summer job I wouldn’t mind working there again. The managers there are welcomed and friendly but st the same time train you to get down to buisness.
eehhh
Customer Service Representative-Call Center (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYOctober 8, 2017
This job requires you to call people in debt and collect payments, often times getting yelled at or cursed out, this is to be expected with this sort of job but the pay, benefits, and managment are poor.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Competitive , high paste place
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYOctober 4, 2017
This job is not for everyone but it is a well paid job. They do give you felxible schedule but it is ver high completion. It could be stressful because of all the regulations.
Terrible
Collections Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJune 15, 2017
a typical call center job the people you meet are great but management is terrible, they advertise a flexible schedule that's completely false, the pay is even worse and managers talk down to you as if your stupid. all they care about is payments no matter what if they could dock you they would if you missed a payment
Pros
they give away stuff to boost moral
Cons
everything else
Run Away Fast
Everything (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMay 19, 2017
Management and executives will sell this to you as a state of the art, well respected, fun place to work. However, they lie. They lie daily, to your face and smile while doing it. The raises are a joke, they promise you more and string you along, overwork you and pick on everything you do. There's little praise, they expect more from you than they say they do, and if you don't comply, you're not a team player and will be overlooked for raises and promotions. They use you as scapegoats for their mistakes constantly. I've worked in various departments: IT, training, admin, management, as well as an agent on the phone. I've worked here for over ten years. I have never been happier since I've stopped working there.
Pros
Conveniently located
Hectic.
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYDecember 20, 2016
This company was very disorganized and hectic. Although they did provide training I dont feel it was extensive enough. The over all environment felt like you were walking on eggshells trying to meet quotas.
Easy going work place with a flexible schedule for a college student.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYSeptember 26, 2016
For a college student this job works out really well with my schedule at school. Going full time as a student this employer makes it easy for me to concentrate on my school work.

The pay is solid for a college student. Helps with paying for books, gas money & just spending money in general. You get reviewed every few months for a possible raise up until a year. Then you get reviewed annually for a potential raise.

The supervisors are helpful & friendly. They help when you need it. They run fun contests with cash prizes daily & monthly. i have won cash that helped me pay for lunch & I use that money for my car so i can travel to school & work. I also received gift cards for collecting a lot of money during my shift & hitting my goal.

i would recommend someone who is in college like myself apply for this job.
Pros
Flexible hours with school, daily cash prizes, & monthly prizes
Cons
Sometimes i don't reach my money goal everyday
Great job, good experience and fun place to work!!!!
Being a stay at home mother, it was hard to find a part time job that was very flexible with my time and easily maneuvered around the schedule of my child. What's great about the office is that it also has a Day Care next door. Working here is not only a pleasure, but it was also a convenience. The agency is also very rewarding and will compensate for your hard work.
Pros
many incentives, monetary rewards, experience, career-building, customer-service, analysis, developmental skill
A very productive environment along with a Family-Oriented atmosphere.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYSeptember 23, 2016
Coming into work sure isn't a drag day in and day out. I am motivated to come into work on a daily not only for the paycheck at the end of the week, but also the many contest and incentives that are there for us everyday to take home. I have learned a lot on how to read bills and negotiate with clients on how to bring their accounts to a good standing. Also the work environment is exceptional. It truly feels like you are around family most of the time. It is lovely to come into work with no problems during your work hours. The hardest part of the job is probably using the systems that we work in to take payments or access accounts but if you are computer friendly you're set and if not there is a great coaching team to help you through.
Pros
Hour Lunches, Incentives, Great Work Environment, Benefits for Full Timers
Cons
Fast training, Low entry level income
Great job while attending school
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYSeptember 20, 2016
I have worked for NetTel for about a 1 1/2 years while I'm attending college. The hours here are flexible which makes it easy for me to keep up with my school work. My coworkers are great and we are mostly around the same age. It is customer service work so you need to be friendly and upbeat but It sure beats working at a fast food restaurant.
Pros
Flexible hours
I love my job at nettel!
Payment Assistance Representative (Current Employee) –  FarmingdaleSeptember 20, 2016
I have worked for Nettel for the past 2 years. I agree with some of the negative reviews from 2015...the management wasn't good.

The company is AWESOME NOW that they changed all the managers!

I am able to work full time and go to school full time.
On a normal day I come in, sign onto the computer and phone system and make contact with past due customers. I speak to the customers and try to help them to pay their bill off.

The new managers are great. They support the staff, are open to new ideas. The INCENTIVES are great also. I win free lunch a few times a week and they give out gift cards when you do a good job.
As a working college student, the free lunch and gift cards help me out a lot.
When I graduated from training, I got a $1.00 raise. Since then I have had several raises and I make more money than a lot of my friends who work at other jobs.
The money is good
The new managers are good
Pros
Incentive Money on top of your salary & prizes
Cons
Disappointed when I don't make my goal :(
Love love love my job!
N/A (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYSeptember 20, 2016
Great atmosphere, such friendly people! Lots of room for growth in the company. The company does great with training you before getting on the phone and continues to always help you preform your best. Scheduling is very flexible and management is very understanding.
Pros
lots of available growth in the company, friendly staff. weekly pay
Cons
far from home
Positive Upbeat Place
open (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYSeptember 20, 2016
Been here a little over a year now and the new management staff is great, very positive and upbeat. Besides the full training to help you and guide you on how to handle a call, the staff finds all new ways to keep the environment a good place to work. There are daily, weekly and monthly prizes, in some cases comes out to a free lunch. Getting paid weekly is a hard thing to find now a days and that is just a bonus working here, every Friday is pay day. There is also an incentive pay for working weekends, which is hard to find. Management staff and co-workers are real helpful when having questions. Love that i have found a job that is positive and not only do i have good workers that have become friends now to.
Pros
Upbeat office, friendly people, weekly pay
Cons
Would like to work more hours on the weekend but only one department is open on Sunday
Great job experience and fun place to work
customer payment asst rep (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYSeptember 20, 2016
I previously worked at Carvel when I came across the ad for Nettel. It has been a great experience for me so far! From what I was told they have changed upper management and as a result there has been a lot of positive improvements. The hours are flexible. They reward for you being reliable and help you develop your skills. Reviews are on time and very fair. They really want to keep you motivated and give away great prizes! It's a lot of fun!!!!
Great atmosphere and lots of incentives.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYSeptember 19, 2016
I appreciate the flexibility this company offers being that I'm a working mom with kids in school. They really make you feel like family here. Thank you for the opportunity
Pros
Free coffee and 2 break rooms
Enjoyable work experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYSeptember 15, 2016
I really enjoy working here everyday I get to do a variety of things which prevent me from getting bored. I got an hour break which was very nice, it gave me time to eat and relax before getting back to work. It was also very flexible in getting to choose my break time. The management is very nice and helpful.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
far from home
Very unfair place to work, too much favoritism
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYAugust 18, 2016
Unfair and unreasonable work hours. Too much favoritism. Managers and supervisors always gives fraudulent information regarding NY State employment guidelines. Also they are very rude and has no empathy towards employees who has situations that may require days off with legitimate proof of why they need off. Even in a terrible snow storms wants you to come to work. Will get written up or could be let go for not showing up to work. Over worked and underpaid. Only one to get promoted are the ones whom managers show favoritism too. States full time job but actually only considered part time working full time hours so they don't have to pay for days office closed for holidays, sick days, or vacation time. Company is bogus and fraudulent. Just a matter of time before company is exposed for what it is and closed down.
Pros
Other numerous employees who share same opinion about company
Cons
Working for fraudulent company
lies lies lies
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJuly 8, 2016
lied to since walking in the door from salary amount to hours given.. was initially told starting was 13 an hour and 15 after 4 week training. after accepting the job i was given a paper to sign stating that i would start at 10 an hour and 11 after training when i asked i was told no we said you can me UP TO 13 an hour. then i was told full time hours were offered - not true. you have to EARN full time hours. managers are like 17 years old, theyre all high school students higher management doesnt care. everyone plays favorites. HORRIBLE place to work especially for an adult. .25 cent raises add insult to injury. DO NOT WORK HERE. your work so hard to collect payments from nasty customers for a company who doesnt have the decency to even be honest with you.
A place only to gain experience
customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale nyOctober 19, 2015
Alot of favoritism on the path of management. If you in the in crowd, you will have it nice but if you are am outsider or someone threatening by your looks or work ethics they will make you quit. After a year of working there 40 hrs a week, I am still part time. Only full time positions are for managers- not supervisers are given this. There is an increase in pay by .25c as you progress. That is an insult to injury. As i said, great place to start off but not stay
Pros
friendly people, office environment, gain experience
Cons
no commission, poor management, favorites