Network for Good

Network for Good Employee Reviews

Good People Management limited
Network for Good is all about who you work for. Depending on the manager (which can change frequently due to restructuring) you can either advance and enjoy autonomy. Or you will be micro managed and have to explain every decision.

From a social aspect, its a great place to work. People are friendly, there are often happy hours, and people generally like each other. However the leadership has tunnel vision. They hire consultants who are supposed to parrot back that the current agenda/business plan is the best way to go. If the consultant offers a different opinion, they ignore it and find a way to limit their role until the consultant leaves. NFG likes to look good in the media and the world, but the leadership has very little interest in listening to the "worker bees" or what their customers are saying. Why spend $100k on a technology improvement that would make life easier for both the staff and customer when you could run a promotion with Clinique or Warner Bros that would put NFG in the spotlight?
Pros
non management staff is great, very social. allowed to work from home often
Cons
leadership has short sided vision. very limited opportunity to advance.
Great job, loved the atmosphere. Everyone was so nice and friendly to me. The hours were great and if I were to become a permanent employee I would have had great benefits.
All-in-all a good place to work - some teams are like family
All-in-all, NFG is a great place to work. But certain executive management was frustratingly bad. If you do not work closely enough with that contingent or your goals are not directly affected by their decisions, it is a great place to work.
Decent SalesJob
NFG is a decent company that has a good mission. I enoyed my time there but itis extremely transactional and micromangy.

Also, I had multiple instances of very inappropriate workplace behavior
Nice colleague & meaningful motivation
Good location in the center of Washington DC. Nice and relax working environment. Kind manager and colleague. Good benefit, including 401K, health insurance.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Great
Great environment! It is stressful, but everyone is helpful and ready to help. The management does a great job to create a healthy workplace with an open door policy. You don't have to dress up for work.
Great Place to work
This a great place to work where you can really see your work help others in the world. The work life balance allows your work hours to be flexible and in return makes you a more productive employee.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
n/a
Do NOT work here!
Do NOT work here! I was so excited to take a new job as a Fundraising Sales Consultant which would allow me to do something I loved and am good at: helping non-profits while doing sales! Except you're not helping them at all, you're pushing them to buy software most of them can't afford. My first week seemed pretty exciting, but then I knew from week 2 that they don't care about their employees and don't care about "helping" non-profits, they just look at employees and the non-profits as little money makers and pure revenue. As a "Fundraising Sales Consultant" after you gain the trust and sell to a non-profit organization, Network for Good doesn't have the man power to actually "help" the non-profit nor have any account managers to manage churn. All they wanted was the organizations credit card and after you get the credit card the "Fundraising Sales Consultant" is never allowed to talk to the non-profit again.

Management is extremely robotic. You aren't allowed to think outside of the box or have ideas or move, breathe, or do anything that wasn't making 70 calls a day. If management doesn't like something you've done, instead of a discussion you will get a 5 paragraph e-mail on why you are wrong. I think discussions are not allowed at this company because they take time away from your 70 calls a day. The only discussions they do are a 1 on 1 meeting every day that is between you and your manager so your manager can micro manage your entire day. Everything you do there is completely micro managed. The only sales people who actually hit quota are those who come in an hour
 - more...
Pros
None!
Cons
Mission focused and a fun environment to work in.
Great work-life balance. No micromanagement. Not much opportunity for advancement. Executive team seldom engages with the rest of the organization. Pays well for an NPO.
Pros
Free gym membership, flexibility to work remotely when needed.
Cons
Limited Advancement opportunities.
Great place to work!
Network for Good is a great place to work! I work with smart, fun and hard-working people who are collaborative and focused on doing the work. I've had the opportunity to be creative with my work - which really excites me. The company has a powerful mission that energizes everyone to work hard.

Overall, NFG has a positive work environment. It's a fast-paced, team-oriented and lean organization with lots of future potential opportunities. I've really enjoyed working here so far!
could be great - depends what you are looking for
Pros
fridays end at 2, 24 days of pto, 5% auto match for 401k
Cons
no advancement opps
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Network for Good. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7
2.9
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.7Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
4.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Network for Good Reviews by Location