Neuberger Berman Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work at
Senior QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2019
Great people, great company, excellent place for professional growth with a very good culture and many opportunities to learn. The greatest part of job is people who work there.
Not a bad firm
Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2019
Good pay
Good benefits
Good overall culture
Can get lucky with a good manager

High expectations
High load of work
Stressful
Poor work life balance
A pleasure to receive incoming guests
Concierge Ambassador (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2019
In my previous position, I feel I excelled as a meeting coordinator and guest services. I was able to perform my duties and without being micromanaged.
Vp
VICE PRESIDENT, MARKETING AND PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2019
The company is a good place to learn the asset management business. With equities, fixed income and alternatives product offerings, the learning process is vast.
Great workplace culture
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 23, 2018
Decent workload on daily basis.
Fast pace environment where you have to always be quick on your feet while being able to multitask.
Some days where very long days.
Management was understanding and supportive.
Contractor Observations
Investor Relations Coordinator/Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 12, 2018
I've been working as a contractor at Neuberger Berman since July 2018 and can tell you that this is small satellite office to a much larger counter part in New York and Dallas. The office I am working is smaller and close knit group and very nice to work for. Everyone here is very helpful and team oriented. I am covering for a person on maternity leave who is coming back and I can say that I wish I could have a permanent position here. There is a lot to learn and I have learned a lot about Private equity here having little experience but this role has allowed me to get exposure to all aspects of Private equity, client on boarding, financial reporting, legal and compliance process, trend analysis and so much more. I am sad that I have to leave soon but very glad to have the experience now to find a similar position and hopefully great company to work for.
Pros
Quiet office, wear many hats, very casual and informal.
Cons
No real training accept on the job, "figure it out for yourself".
Great Corporate Atmosphere
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2018
I learned so much about the mutual fund industry working at NB.
The training was one on one and left you confident and ready to work alone in a fast paced environment.
Pros
salary and benefits
Cons
long work days
People are very helpful at Neuberger!
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 10, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Neuberger especially because I learned new applications like SAP and Salesforce that was I never had experience with before and I loved working my administrative colleagues in the Institutional Sales group.
Pros
Good benefits and great hours and teamwork
Cons
Pay is lower than other financial services firms.
not a lot of movement
Private Client Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2018
Not much opportunity to learn or grow. There is a big separation between the entry/associate level and the MDs and they don't care much to teach you. there are not very many young people working at NB
Good organization in Capital Market domain
Test Lead (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 30, 2018
Good organization to grow in Capital Market domain, helped me to learn and work on different capital market like Aladdin, Portia and Bloomberg. Gained experience in SFDC skills.
Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant to Managing Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 27, 2018
Worked with the managing partner. Very nice person to work for. Did a lot of personal things for him, paying bills and running errands. I would have continued working for him, but we moved to Charlotte, NC.
Pros
Not stressful
Cons
Sometimes very slow
Great money management culture
Senior Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2018
Ran the show for marketing---built, created, developed, marketing department from scratch, branded, rebranded, launched new products, built entire integrated communications program, value added programs, database marketing, social
Pros
Smart people
Cons
Sold to Lehman Brothers!
Nice working environment
Prime Broker Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 31, 2018
Great company that usually reward and highlight working longevity by celebrating many years of service with the company
Offers a decent bonus package which was always welcoming
Toxic
Registered Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 24, 2018
I worked in the Los Angles office and the culture was very toxic. There is no room for advancement, you are highly scrutinized with doctors appointments. God forbid you be 3 minutes late, seriously.
I wouldn't recommend NB in LA to anyone.
Slow paced work environment
Client Service Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the day are the people and making friends. However, a lot of micromanaging occurs and managers do not trust their employees. Also, there are little to no raises and room for advancement.
Pros
Flexible
Good to begin a career
Retail Services Senior Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2018
was an excellent place for an entry level job out of college. However, it is difficult to advance, as you are pigeonholed in the initial role. I would still recommend to others leaving school.
Wonderful people and culture
Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 20, 2018
Compensation is not up to industry standards, Management somewhat disjointed. Culture is great and most of the people I work with are intelligent and talented, yet not always awarded or compensated for their efforts.
Pros
people
Cons
mobility
Administrative Assistant, Fund Services (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2018
Management at the time I worked at Neuberger Berman could have been better. Some employees were not treated fairly as far as being paid fairly for work done and others in the manner in which they were treated.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Managers
Vice President, Application Support (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 29, 2018
Nice size company that cared about its employees. Technology environment is up to date and not too customized. Very manageable environment. Steady as she goes.
Pros
Private company focused on its clients instead of shareholders
Cons
Too many chiefs and not enough indians to do the work
Recommended for anyone not serious about career advancement
Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 26, 2018
Extremely limited promotions; you can go over 15 years without a promotion. Internal movements are often blocked depending who your manager is. Some are friendly but some will do everything in their power to stop you from transferring internally. Compensation is between 20-30% below market rate which they justify by giving you really good health benefits and 401k contributions. It's an OK place if you just want a job and a paycheck to build experience and then jump ship, but if you want to grow a career then this is not the best place to settle down.
Pros
Awesome benefits, unparalleled 401K contributions, usually great coworkers.
Cons
No career advancement, low compensation, management doesn't respond to logic, outdated technology