Neuberger Berman Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great money management culture
Senior Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2018
Ran the show for marketing---built, created, developed, marketing department from scratch, branded, rebranded, launched new products, built entire integrated communications program, value added programs, database marketing, social
Pros
Smart people
Cons
Sold to Lehman Brothers!
Toxic
Registered Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 24, 2018
I worked in the Los Angles office and the culture was very toxic. There is no room for advancement, you are highly scrutinized with doctors appointments. God forbid you be 3 minutes late, seriously.
I wouldn't recommend NB in LA to anyone.
Slow paced work environment
Client Service Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the day are the people and making friends. However, a lot of micromanaging occurs and managers do not trust their employees. Also, there are little to no raises and room for advancement.
Pros
Flexible
Wonderful people and culture
Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 20, 2018
Compensation is not up to industry standards, Management somewhat disjointed. Culture is great and most of the people I work with are intelligent and talented, yet not always awarded or compensated for their efforts.
Pros
people
Cons
mobility
Administrative Assistant, Fund Services (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2018
Management at the time I worked at Neuberger Berman could have been better. Some employees were not treated fairly as far as being paid fairly for work done and others in the manner in which they were treated.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Managers
Vice President, Application Support (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 29, 2018
Nice size company that cared about its employees. Technology environment is up to date and not too customized. Very manageable environment. Steady as she goes.
Pros
Private company focused on its clients instead of shareholders
Cons
Too many chiefs and not enough indians to do the work
Recommended for anyone not serious about career advancement
Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 26, 2018
Extremely limited promotions; you can go over 15 years without a promotion. Internal movements are often blocked depending who your manager is. Some are friendly but some will do everything in their power to stop you from transferring internally. Compensation is between 20-30% below market rate which they justify by giving you really good health benefits and 401k contributions. It's an OK place if you just want a job and a paycheck to build experience and then jump ship, but if you want to grow a career then this is not the best place to settle down.
Pros
Awesome benefits, unparalleled 401K contributions, usually great coworkers.
Cons
No career advancement, low compensation, management doesn't respond to logic, outdated technology
productive workplace
Shareholder Services Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2018
great place to work, enviorment is good, people are friendly. The open door policy is great. The hiours are flexible, They are professional and curtious.
Fast-pace Environment
Server Engineer/Analyst, IT-Server Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2018
This was a challenging fast pace environment to work. There was little room for mistakes which made you a more detailed oriented person. I enjoyed my time working there and learned a lot. I would recommend this company to others.
Neuberger Berman provides yoga, meditation and self defense classes and has an AMAZING music band!
Administrative Professional/Service Ambassador (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 11, 2018
Neuberger Berman has been my home for over 9 years and is just an amazing place to work; the culture here is second to none and the opportunities for further professional development/growth are endless! The only draw back is that I do not work for the company directly (contract to contract situation).
Pros
Warm, friendly work environment that encourages personal and professional growth and development.
Cons
Do not work for the company directly.
Average companry with restpect to IT work culture; Otherwise NB is a great franchise.
Sr. Business Analyst / Project Lead / Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 26, 2017
Good for working in the Business side; Not so great to work in IT, as there are not much opportunities to grow. Overall I had some good and bad moments in NB in the past 17 years.
Great people
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 19, 2017
Volatile industry, days ranged from fast paced to moderate. Great teamwork. Freedom from micromanagement if you're a hard worker. The people I worked with was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
People, Freedom, Benefits
Cons
Poor communication
No Opportunity
Subadvisory Associate/DCIO Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2017
- Culture is poor,

- Management has no vision

- Lack of Opportunity for junior employees

- Highly political environment

- Feels like they are about to sell the company
Pros
compensation and benefits
Cons
no opportunity for advancement
Na
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 3, 2017
I don't care to share anything specific about this company. It is not competitive in the market place and will eventually be bought by a bigger bank, most likely foreign for hits parts and then sold off.
Stressful workplace.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 26, 2017
I worked there for About 4 years and it was very stressful. Managment really had no knowledge of policies and procedures of the company. Which in turn made things very hard for employees to do their jobs.
Pros
Having stock options.
Cons
Very disfunctional work enviroment.
good place to work
Senior Portfolio Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 11, 2017
Neuberger Berman was a good place to work. Learned quite a lot and made some lasting friendships. Some departments are better manage than others.
Great formal corporate enviornment
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 27, 2017
Wonderful place to work in NYC. Love the culture and heritage of the company although it has changed drastically since I was there. Great benefits and work environment. Lots of room for growth and advancement. Very professional environment.
Pros
Large corporate benefits
Cons
job security in financial industry is always a concern
It was a nice working environment.
Senior portfolio services (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2017
The people are wonderful to work with. I really enjoyed the time I spent there. In term of management style, I feel that the managers need more experience in dealing with the workers. But I also know that other departments at Neuberger Berman have great managers too. I was not so fortunate.
Sophisticated Wealth Management Firm
Senior Equity Trader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2017
Sophisticated place to work with a solid culture. The management at the team level is very strong and allows for interaction with management at all levels of emoloyment
It was a very focused and productive environment.
Portfolio Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2017
The hardest part of my job was not having enough time to meat and talk with our clients face to face. The most enjoyable part of my job was the satisfaction of everything I had accomplished and doing a great job at the end of the day. It is efficient and a job well done.
Pros
Cash Bonus, free lunches and freedom to work.
Cons
Health care was expensive.