Neuberger Berman

Neuberger Berman Employee Reviews

Just ok
It’s a decent place to work. Benefits are really good. Prepare for a very New York centric “global” firm. If you’re not at HQ, you pretty much don’t matter.
Productive and enjoyable place to work.
Neuberger is an excellent firm with knowledgeable people. Many of the employees have been with the firm for many years and are very loyal to the company.
it was ok
it was great work experience. i learned to develop different skills. meet some great ppl. I happy to say i learned a lot that has helped me later on the further of my life.
Cons
management
Portfolio Manager
Exceed clients’ expectations by creating customized portfolios and ensuring investment strategies are accurately implemented. Work with performance and analytics, producing return attributions, and maintaining strategy composite performance. Implemented trading strategies and monitoring account performance.
Not the best atmosphere
The team I am on is filled with great people, I am lucky to say that my direct manager is one of the best people I have ever worked for in my career. However, outside of my team people are not every inviting to outsiders. Most people tend to keep to themselves and new hires are often treated very rudily. I have been their two years and I have spoken with my SVP a handful of times.
Pros
New Office, benefits
Cons
Management and lack of recognition
Company Culture
Working for Neuberger Berman was an excellent experience they are welling to help employees with work/life balance. Co-workers pitch in whenever there is a time crunch. I would recommend the company to all potential job seekers.
Benefits
Alright
good company for those who don't made just sitting in their current role forever. not going to be a whole lot of advancement opportunities in the sales department.
Solidly managed company
An employee-friendly company, very client focused, and managed for success. A client-driven and performance culture makes a difference for this firm.
Very educational and enjoyable experience
I learned what it meant to work in the financial industry. I learned how to use WallStreet Office and Bloomberg efficiently, while improving my Microsoft Excel skills. I improved my communication skills with my coworkers as well as people from outside companies to solve the problems at hand.
Great company with great benefits
Worked normal business hours and management was very understanding if I needed to take off a day for personal reason. Great benefits package.
Very positive experience
Developed many skills from a variety of experiences.
Great team to work with.

Very solid team and business to support.

Learned a lot and enjoyed the experience and people I worked with.
Pros
All good
Cons
No cons
Investment management and Financial planning
The company provides Investment management and financial planning, fiduciary services and trust services to its clients, it serves pension plans, charitable organizations, sovereign wealth funds and other institutions
Good company
This is a good company. I have work with this company for a couple months and its ok but I want to move forward and there is no room for that here
Great!
It was a pleasure to work with Neuberger Clients, it was overall great experience. The only issue was the work hours. You would literally be assigned to projects that seemed like they were never ending meaning more time at work and less time at home. This would be an ideal job for someone without a family.
Pros
Great experience, great staff!
Cons
Long, countless hours.
Ok
Learned a lot. Support group management has changed recently. Too many people are scared right now , making it difficult.
A Great Company & Culture
This is a great company and culture. I worked at Neuberger Berman for more than four years and I enjoyed every day. I chose to resign and move on to a company that would allow me the opportunity to take on a more senior role. If Neuberger Berman provided this opportunity for me, then I would have stayed and would have potentially retired there.
Pros
Culture, Staff, Management
Cons
Working on creating growth opportunities for their staff
Neuberger Berman
Neuberger Berman can be a good place to work, if one is working for the business/revenue generating departments. However, operations, IT, middle office, or any of the supportive groups should be avoided unless someone desperately needs a job.

Colleagues are wonderful, which does help with the high stress levels.
Pros
3 week vacation from first year; decent medical benefits
Cons
No life/work balance; promotions are based on associating with the "right" people
Excellent organization
Great organization to work with. It gave various opportunities to grow Professionally and personally.

Managers were accessible and available to answers in case of any issues. Had an opportunity to work with very talented set of individuals in the field of technology, finance and management.
Good company to work for
Good company
Hard to climb the ladder

very conservative, difficult to give input

Poor management dont really pay attention to others

good company to start your career in

Educated co worker
N/a
The management does not micro-manage they allow us to work freely and take on projects that can benefit the department as well as the company.
nice organization
its a while ago. Its a fun place that time and I enjoyed working with great people.
Pros
Free French Coffee all day.
Cons
Good benifit
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Neuberger Berman. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

3.8Fairygodboss Score

60%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

60%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.