NeuLife Employee Reviews

Terrible culture that starts at the top
staff (Current Employee) –  Mt DoraMarch 8, 2018
Top leadership have no clue about the business of caring for people. Things got much better for a while but now is going downhill. Bad culture that causes good people to leave sadly
Terrible Staff, Management and Nurses
Life Skills Technician (Current Employee) –  Mt. Dora, FLMay 10, 2017
The kitchen has RAP UNCENSORED MUSIC blaring like they are in there own house. They don't care about the patients there only concern is the settlement checks that the patients receive. They have patients in there smoking weed and doing drugs. They are aware and don't care. The administrator is just as clueless as ever. They don't even background check there employees.
Pros
good pay once apon a time
Cons
very biased
Could be a lovely place to work
LST (Current Employee) –  Mount Dora, FLMay 8, 2017
For a job that is so easy to do, it is the most stressful place to be and it is not because of the clients. If there was better management and they actually listen to their employees on concerns it would be a great place. But management at NeuLife don't care about their employees then they wonder why they have such a high turnover rate for such an easy going job.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No breakroom, vending machines
New management ruined the facility
Writer (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FL-freelance writerApril 19, 2017
Worked for 2 years under prior mgt as a writer. Altho pay could have better, all were respectful. New mgt threw out old and expressly lied about their intentions. Be very careful of these people.
Pros
None as to new management
Cons
All as to new management
Excellent
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mt. Dora, FLNovember 11, 2016
Great opportunity to care for patients in need, brain injury and more.
New management is great with a lot of great improvement over the past 6 months. Company is growing.
Management is a incompetent
Middle management (Former Employee) –  My DoraOctober 17, 2016
Firing left and right, incompetent, clearly feel threatening by hard working smart employees! Save yourself the hassle don't apply. Employees are working extremely long hours nurses do not give medications when they are due.
Pros
Great landscape
Cons
Management feels threatened
management is so bad!
LST/nurse (Current Employee) –  Mt. Dora, FLSeptember 20, 2016
as an LST/nurse i have many, many yrs experience in the nursing field and this company does not recognize it. If you want to work somewhere and be appreciated dont come here. youll only get thrown under the bus for the management's incompetencies.
Pros
beautiful facade
Cons
poor pay and incompetent managment
Horrible workplace
LST (Former Employee) –  Mount Dora, FLJuly 14, 2016
Its poor management; They have been through several DON!! Nothing is organized they don't care about there staff there is no job advancement they rather hire outside that to give someone who has been a team player for the company a try!! if you don't kiss butt you will remain at the bottom because that's how they look at you!! management are liars they cover up incidents they don't know anything about proper precautions..Horrible work environment!! They lie to family members..DO NOT WORK THERE!!
Pros
The pay if they haven't changed
Cons
Everything other than pay
VERY Unprofessional & Ghetto!
New Employee (Former Employee) –  Patient CareFebruary 2, 2016
I was so surprised to see such a beautiful facility being ran by such unprofessional, inexperienced, ghetto people! No Receptionist at the front door and thy have patients that are elopement risks, its not safe for the patients as they can just wander out. They have hip hop music pumping in the lobby, like the kitchen staff have Pandora playing on a personal station. That's not exactly professional for this type of setting. They are quick to hire you but don't want to train you. Even the HR girl is unprofessional with no proper phone etiquette. She called and said " You came in the other day...well you're hired" I was like o....k???? That right there should have been an indication that it wasn't going to work. If HR isn't even professional, probably not a good idea. The manager who was supposed to train a new group of staff, just left without notice in the middle of the day and didn't even have the decency to tell the group. They claim they have great pay...yet they brought in a group of staff having them thinking they would be making one amount and actually were planning to pay less and put off the paperwork with HR so that we would stay. Overall, very unprofessional, not enough safety measures for patients, inexperienced management and just staff period, they are too focused on the appearance of the facility and clearly do not invest in quality staff. Everyone in the building is on cell phones either talking or texting, LST's aides have bad attitudes and minimal interactions with patients. Its a horrible place!!!
Pros
Its a beautiful facility and clearly maintained well!
Cons
Poor management/staffing, not enough secuirity for patients, unprofessional, they lie about pay...pay is not as good as they promise
Atrocious work environment!!!
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Mount Dora, FLJanuary 12, 2016
What a horrible experience. Don't work there!!!! You will regret it! Very unprofessional upper management, and bulgar! If they don't like you, you are literally gone!
Pros
work Schedule
Cons
Poor management
Inexperienced Administration and Management
LIFE SKILLS TECH (Former Employee) –  MOUNT DORA, FLSeptember 24, 2015
The pros: the pay is pretty good compared to most nursing homes...

The cons: In order for you to have stability with this company, you have to literally kiss up to these people. If you have a backbone and stand for what's right, this is not a job for you. Once hired they promise you a full-time position, but will only schedule you part time hours. This company is run by people who never had a rehab facility before. The therapy these clients are receiving is less than what they would get at a skilled nursing facility. They try to keep the clients there past their discharged date for financial gain. It will be a matter of time before state comes in and shut them down.

The cna's have to show the managment how to properly take care of a patient. All in all if management doesn't like you, they will set you up to get fired.

WORST JOB I EVER HAD!!!!!!!
An amazing company to work for!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mount Dora FloridaJuly 29, 2015
I am a new nurse to NeuLife Rehabilitation, but have years of experience in hospitals, long-term care, assisted living and behavioral/memory care. In my history of nursing, I have never worked for a company and/or a corporation that have a mission that truly exemplifies the commitment, care and compassion for the Clients we serve. Clients needs come first and this company not only "has their heart" in the right place, but continues to multiply the strength of that foundation on a daily basis that makes them "exceed expectations by going above and beyond and exemplify quality care!" As a member of this Team I have never felt so appreciated by management which this enthusiasm trickles down from the top to praise our staff's daily efforts to make a difference in someone's life! So many corporations grow so much that they "forget" the reasons and ideas of quality over quantity that they began with. NeuLife is different and has strengthened my faith and belief in the healthcare system in that: " there are still companies out there that place the patient and/or client first and show great appreciation for their employees who are there to help those who cannot help themselves." NeuLife not only helps our clients in their time of need but strive to assist our clients to become as independent as possible for a higher quality of life.., thus our name.. NeuLife! I am blessed to have this opportunity and I encourage our mission and know that our Clients needs will continue to be top priority.
A wonderful place to work
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Mount Dora, FLMarch 19, 2015
I have worked in the workers' compensation and disability industry for over 20 years and have worked at NeuLife since they opened in September 2013. I have really enjoyed working at NeuLife because it is a supportive, fast paced, ever evolving program. The staff really care about the clients and celebrate their accomplishments - big and small. NeuLife provides the clients with a positive environment, with staff working as a team to encourage and support each client so they can become as independent as possible and transition to the next step.
Supportive, fun and family like environement
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Mount Dora, FlMarch 11, 2015
I've worked at NeuLife since the first day their doors opened. I have been in this field for over 15 years and have worked in several different settings/companies. I have never felt as appreciated and satisfied as I do with NeuLife. The facility is so clean, beautiful and well decorated. It is a high paced, diverse environment and requires employees that are capable of functioning in the same way. If you are not creative, open-minded or a self-starter, then this may not be the place for you. My coworkers are reliable, team players and are very knowledgeable. I have grown professionally as well as within the company these past 2 years. I truly enjoy coming to work, sharing my ideas and seeing my ideas get implemented. Administration is very supportive and are always open to feedback. If you have proven yourself as an employee, administration will trust your judgment and allow you to make decisions and take ownership in the day to day functions of the company/facility. The best and most exciting part of my job is the interactions with our clients and having the opportunity to help improve our client's quality of life.
Pros
pay, flexibility, coworkers, family like environment
Enjoyable, Fun, Challenging, Rewarding - Not your average rehab
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mount Dora, FloridaMarch 5, 2015
NeuLife is by far the best company I have ever been a part of during my nursing career. I love the values and mission of the company. Work colleagues are great and there are genuinely a lot of people who truly care and implement excellent client care. This job gave me a sense of purpose more than any other job I previously had. You truly help people through the most difficult time of their lives. The work can be challenging yet very rewarding . Overall, a great experience to have and even greater place to work
Pros
Positive people, lot of room to progress with your career, Great pay and excellent benefits offered.
An exciting work environment with great opportunities to make a positive difference in people's lives.
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Mount DoraMarch 5, 2015
I have been working here for several months. If you are interested in making a significant difference in people's lives then this is the place for you. Everyday is an opportunity to be creative, show initiative, and develop skills in neurological rehabilitation care.

The team here is very integrative and we are striving to be one of the country's top 24 hour rehab facilities. Every day the team meets to see what can we do to make the facility a better place for our clients. This means a lot of work but it all pays off. There is nothing better than seeing someone gain independence and return to a life worth living.
No training and no patience
Educated Professional (Former Employee) –  Mount DoraNovember 14, 2014
I worked there for several months without formal training and while I thought I was doing an exceptional job, as professed by my direct supervisor, evidently upper management felt otherwise. They terminated me with no prior warning, no verbal counseling and no professional discourse regarding improvement of my work. I feel I was targeted by one individual in particular on a personal level not related to the quality of my job. If you get hired AND you get trained, you also have to worry about an individual who is not easy to get along with, and who I feel is unprofessional in their tone and selection of their words.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Lack of training. Poor upper management. No loyalty/sense of commitment.
Unstructure, disorganized
Prefer not to disclose (Former Employee) –  Mount Dora, FLJune 21, 2014
This is a new company that needs serious organization. I was in shock since I was put to work with zero training, not even an orientation. I did not even not what my job description was supposed to be about, what the company was about. I even had my background check and finger printing the second day I started working.
Pros
Relax environment since there is no structure
Cons
Unorganized and unstructured. No clear expectations of what you are supposed to do
Official response from NeuLife
August 25, 2014

NeuLife is a new, specialized healthcare company and our rapid growth offers opportunities for the motivated, self-directed individual to play an important role in its future. If you are an individual who prefers a fully established and formally structured program, NeuLife may not be the company for you. For these individuals, the fast paced, entrepreneurial environment at NeuLife might be too challenging. For the person who desires an opportunity to be a part of a new organization and have direct impact on the program development, NeuLife offers an exceptional opportunity. Compensation at NeuLife is 30% above the industry standard and we are seeking individuals who desire to be part of the solution, enjoy managing challenges and are excited about delivering exceptional rehabilitation services to our clients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NeuLife. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3