NeuroPsychiatric Hospitals Employee Reviews

Former Cna experience and interview experience
CNA/Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 24, 2018
I worked for this company in Indianapolis as a nursing assistant for about Three months before relocating back to nw Indiana the pay was good but overall unorganized. There were always staffing issues and a high turnover. This could’ve been due to the fact that the facility had not been open long and they were still working out the kinks. It was not a deal breaking experience, I would work for the company again. Recently I applied and interviewed for a RECEPTIONIST position. I go to the interview things were going well, I was told to wait and I had to “interview” with the individual in charge of the receptionist. A few minutes go by and the interviewer comes back and proceeded to ask me if I was interested in a cna position because the receptionist positions were filled. I felt as thought it was foolishness,that’s not what I applied for so why insult me and offer me that position. Yes I’m a cna but I also have experience as a unit clerk, medical receptionist, and medical records. If I wanted to be a cna there I would’ve applied for that position. They clearly saw my resume before contacting me so you know what experience I have. I felt like I was put into a box as if all I was only capable of being a cna. That was such a terrible experience, I felt so profiled. At this point I give them two thumbs down, I would never want to work for them again.
Pros
Good pay, advancement opportunities, good psychiatric experience opportunity
Cons
Long hours, unprofessional staff, high turn over rate
A Day At NeuroPsychiatric
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 18, 2018
Yes, it is fast paced. We are a short term facility and that means rapid turnover; patient wise. Yes, it is tough work. Not everyone can work in psych.... They are quite transparent in the interviews and New Hire Orientation and let you know that psych is not for everyone. Those that actually "get it" understand that to be a part of this unique specialty hospital - we have to do everything better than the others. We are always at capacity - rarely are we on an administrative diversion. It's really exciting working here! If you have a real work ethic, this is the place for you! Despite what others may say, I love that it's face paced. I'm proud to be a part of what this hospital is doing for those suffering from mental health. I enjoy interacting with the patients. I think the management from the North has moved mountains here and have created a much different culture! The hardest part of the job is seeing those with mental health not understanding why they behave the way they do. The best part of the job is watching a family crying because we were able to get their loved one back to where they need to be to go home!
Pros
Patients and CoWorkers
Cons
Attachment to Patients
Everyday is a new challenge a very rewarding job
RN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 17, 2018
I have worked for NPHI for almost 3 years as a nurse I have grown in many ways . The opportunities I have been given have helped me grow a nurse and as a more compassionate person , the owners are very eager to here from the staff and are always willing to help solve any problems that arise .
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not any that amount to anything
Challenging but important and purposeful work
Admin (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 19, 2018
Caring and talented staff work there, but management culture focuses on discipline, threats, and intimidation, rather than training, grooming, and investing in employee’s success.
Pros
Pays very well and there’s an opportunity to make a positive difference for the patients everyday
Cons
Constant negative communications from the hospital’s owner criticizing his own hospital’s staff, Management promotes and then demotes the same staff, High turnover
Great work place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 14, 2018
I love love love this job the ceo and mangers were amazing and very perfessional they bwere all about the residents and there staff the pay was awesome and the benefits were great
Wouldn’t plan on working at this place poor management just overall bad place to work
Activity Aide (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 16, 2017
Horrible place to work. This place has horrible management they hav had 4 CEO since January the rules change everyday they always short of help haven’t got a raise since I ben there and I started in January. It’s jus a bad place to work.
fun place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 15, 2017
a typical day at neuro hospital is very busy, ive learned the difference from working in nursing home than psych. the hardest part of the job just like any other job is working short staffed. other than that its a great place to work. not hard at all.
Pros
pays well
Cons
short staffed
Great place to work!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bremen, INOctober 31, 2017
I have been a CNA a really long time and I have to say this is the best place I have ever worked! The DON and the CEO are amazing! They know how to show their appreciation for their employees.Working here is like having a huge family! Everyone knows how to work as a team. The pay is great and they have tons of opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Great pay, teamwork, overall good company to work for
Review of NPH
IT Specialist/Desktop Administrator (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 29, 2017
Your typical day will depend on your position within the company.

The workplace culture is ok.

The hardest part of my job were the hours. Trying to balance family and home life.

I learned that one person cannot handle that job.
Pros
Working with other wonderful employees
Cons
Long hours, traveling, lack of communication
Poor management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 16, 2017
I work for NPH for a 1 year and a half. While there management was like an revolving door. Never spoke to you in passing or tell you how well you did.
Pros
nice remodel, environment
Cons
management, co-worker
Best medical psych place in Indiana to work
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  IndianaOctober 14, 2017
This hospital is not for the faint at heart! It's fast paced and a lot going on due to the complexity of our patients, but I love it here. If you love Psych or Medical you will too!

Us nurses take pride in what we do and are able to care for anyone struggling with mental health disorders. The hospital is beautiful and brand new. The owner is fantastic and so are the physicians. If you get a chance to tour I highly recommend it.
Pros
Pay, career advancement, self fulfillment
Cons
Hours
Dishonest and unerhical practices by management
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Bremen, INOctober 11, 2017
I would not recommend anyone that needs to keep and job and has ethics / morals to work here. I was salary and was working ~15 hours a day. I am very dedicated but it was impossible to be successful with the work load.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Mislead about details of position, poor work life balance, no job security
Administration (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 7, 2017
Great people at all levels of the company - joining NPH was like joining a family and the team supports each other. The system is growing and there is always promotions from within.
My boss is really tough but great if you do your job and you take care of the patients!
Pros
Room for advancement, Great mentors, Positive Reinforcement
Cons
Lack of knowledge for what we really do for our patients from the community
Great Place to Work
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INOctober 7, 2017
This is a great place to work! The staff care for the patients and their families. The staff go out of their way to ensure the comfort and safety of all patients. Management regularly reviews benefits and salaries to ensure that they remain competitive.
Pros
Pto, Competitive Wages, Fun Work Environment
I do not recommend working here
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INSeptember 29, 2017
Poorly ran facility. I witnessed nurses giving meds to wrong patients, they hire people to take care of Alzheimer's/ dementia patients with no training what so ever to do so, meaning the patients where being neglected and abused by uneducated staff. They say you get pto but do not approve it. New rules and or policies towards employees get fabricated daily. No supplies to take care of patients. No maintenance was being done so there were toilets backing up in patient rooms(for months). They will put you on a unit by yourself with one nurse,which means no back up if any patients start acting out or attacks you which happens regularly here. The place is just sad. No good.
This place is a joke
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INSeptember 27, 2017
Patients are neglected and abused. The place should be shut down. Employees walking off the job on regular basis. Never supplies for patient care.No management. I would not trust this place with a dog, I pray for the patients.
Great Company
Nure (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 26, 2017
This place is a great place to work. There is always room for growth or to move up in the company. The leadership is better now then what it is was in the past. I have seen a lot of improvement in the last four months.
Pros
Compeitive salary, work as a team, 21 days of PTO
Horrible place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INSeptember 2, 2017
Not enough pay for what you have to deal with. Always short staff. Terrible management. Never have the supplies you need to properly care for patients, I feel sorry for the patients....
awful management
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INAugust 11, 2017
The top managers do not know how to treat or talk to staff, and do not respect family boundaries. Staff turnover is crazy. Everyone is afraid of being fired. They pay GREAT, but thats why. Managers walked out almost weekly.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
tough work culture
RN (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJuly 28, 2017
This employer pays great, but expects you to move mountains. Management creates a culture that focuses on fear of job loss and retaliation. Work life balance is near to impossible.
Pros
pay, benefits for corporate level management
Cons
no work life balance, very negative corporate culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NeuroPsychiatric Hospitals. Our community is ready to answer.

NeuroPsychiatric Hospitals Reviews by Location