New Albany Country Club Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Manager (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHJune 29, 2018
I worked there for over years, advancing my way up to manager. I wouldn't have been there that long if it wasn't an amazing place to work. Everyone is like family there, and it was very hard to leave but I had to relocate.
Great Summer Job for any College Student
Golf Shop Attendant (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHMay 17, 2018
I loved working here. Flexible hours, competitive pay, and amazing coworkers. The culture is an example of what every company should strive to achieve. Love to have college students to help during busy summer hours.
Pros
Free lunches, breaks, use of facilities
Tell you what you want to heat then work you to death for nothing
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHMarch 8, 2018
I was a student and told them I could do 20 hrs a week and they said that was completely doable, well after my first week I was scheduled 40 hours a week while being a FT college student didn't mix so I had to leave to an environment more nurturing to my education and the industry.
Great
F&B Associate (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHMarch 6, 2018
Phenomenal learning experience. The club has multiple professionals, who all have valuable experience and information that they can pass on to up and coming young professionals.
maitenance
Maintenance worker and painter (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHFebruary 21, 2018
that was what i did.paint buildings and fence around property .hang wallpaper.change out lights on parking lots. repaint swimming pools.clean up shellter house.plumbing
Horrible Stay Away
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHJanuary 16, 2018
Management is Horrible. No leadership just blame pointing. They say it is a club to enhance the family environment but all they care about is themselves. Management has no experience in dealing with employees.
Management will through you under the bus every time.
They care about nothing about themselves and how they can order you around.
Will set up rules and then they do not follow themselves.
Observed managers drinking club alcohol and eating club food but fire employees for not eating in the club break room.
DO NOT WORK FOR THEM
Pros
Free Lunch and Diner during certain hours if eaten in break room
Unorganized kitchen
Cook (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHDecember 18, 2017
There is only one chef there that keeps that whole kitchen going. The executive chef doesn’t lead the kitchen or really know what’s going on. The job isn’t that hard but it’s made hard because of the disorganization.
Fun
outside ops (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 15, 2017
Great staff, fun place to work. management does a great job and the members are friendly. Meals are provided twice a day as well as other privileges.
challenging and rewarding
Executive Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHNovember 28, 2017
Work at NACC is challenging and very rewarding.
The culture was professional and fair.
Management was not as cohesive as I would have expected in an operation of this caliber.
Pros
Great benefits
Amazing Experience
Caterer (Current Employee) –  New Albany, OHNovember 20, 2017
I love working at the country club. I feel like i was a part of a family as an employee there. The events were always fun to be a part of, even as a caterer, being able to help someone celebrate an important day (or accomplishment) was very enjoyable.

Want to know more about New Albany Country Club?

Ask a question
Good learning experience
PREP COOK (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHJune 23, 2017
Management is very kind and helpful. Co-workers really make you feel welcomed and necessary in the workday. Because of this being a non-commercial workplace, hours will fluctuate.
Do not apply here
Bath and tennis (Former Employee) –  Bath and tennisMarch 28, 2017
You will be taken advantage of. Absolutely stay away from here especially in the aquatic positions. You wil not get paid any more than 12.00 an hour to do more than you'll ever know. It is not worth it. I worked there for more than 7 years and i left realizing how brainwashed I was by management.
Cons
Engaging, interesting, and fun work environment.
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHMarch 9, 2017
A typical day consisted of securing the guests from harm around the pool. Cleaning and maintaining the facilities. Helping members and their guests with anything they needed.
Pros
Free lunch, being outdoors
Cons
Guests could become troublesome.
Worst experience of my life
Bartender (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHJanuary 30, 2017
I would say that if you have any self respect that you will be very dissatisfied with working here. The Management team is so utterly disrespectful and unprofessional. Constant verbal abuse, not only to the staff but toward the members. If the members knew the way the managers talked about them, they would have no members. I have never been so shocked the attitude of those who consider themselves leaders. Every day was worse than the last. If you do work here and suffer any abuse, don't expect to get relief for reporting an incident. It will only get worse. The dining room is a joke and if the kitchen makes a mistake, the retribution will surely fall on the server's shoulders for a long time to come. If you wonder why they are always hiring and have such a high turn over of service and bartending staff, these are only a few reasons.
Pros
none i can think of.
Cons
you name it
Do not work here!
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHJanuary 3, 2017
I've been in the industry for many years and this is by far the worst place I have ever worked. Horrible, vindictive and unprofessional management. And don't you dare tell on their inappropriate behavior... You will be retaliated against at all cost. You are nothing but a number! Also, if you think your hourly wage is good...Think again. You have to pay very high New Albany taxes in addition to the taxes where you live. Double taxed!!!
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Horrible, vindictive mgmt.
management
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 20, 2016
I have dealt with a lot of different management at New Albany Country Club. Some were good and some were bad. I dislike when managers just have attitudes for no reason and just think that they are so much better than the average person. I like to be able to come to my manager and be able to open up and talk about anything.
Family comes first at the country club . Very clean and private
Kids Club Associate (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHOctober 11, 2016
A fun place for kids to go while their parents are out on the golf course . Some could be there all day or just 20 minutes . They got charged every minute of being there . Staff was amazing but management could use some work. At times I felt belittled by the managment which is why I didn't last very long .
Pros
Fun events
Cons
Manager, overly careless parents, staff wasn't treated equal
Family Environment - Great Place to Work
Server (Current Employee) –  New Albany, OHSeptember 12, 2016
Very rare these days to find a job where you know you are appreciated and cared about. Lots of long term employees here to prove that fact. I am not just an employee but part of a family. Members are fantastic!
Pros
Free Lunches, Free Uniforms, Free Parking, Great Health Insurance for a person who only needs single coverage.
Cons
Expensive Family Health Insurance
Bath&Tennis
Locker Room Attendant/Housekeeper/Landry Attendant (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHSeptember 6, 2016
Management sucks. They only care about the club, you can't go overtime and if needed, they'll cut your hours. You get hired for a position and end up doing all the positions for only $10/hr. No chances to grow and you do 5 areas at a time....
This place is always short staff, so be ready to cover all the areas.
Pros
Free lunches (sometimes it sucks thou), great team work between employees
Cons
benefits suck, managers expect you to get 5 areas done
Awful place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 5, 2016
I don't recommend working at New Albany Country Club to anyone. Awful management and they don't care about their employees. No room for advancement and everyone is under paid. Anyone would be overqualified to work here unless you're 16 years old.
Pros
Great connections with high end members
Cons
No room for advancement, they don't care about their employees, under paid for what you do