New American Funding
Happiness rating is 53 out of 100

New American Funding Employee Reviews

United States319 reviews

Decent place

training was great but need more competitive rates. we are one of the biggest lenders in the country and yet we are one of the most expensive. UWs are slow to respond as are processors .

Productive and fun workplace

Overall my experience here has been awesome. Management is there when you need them and very supportive. Theres definitely a team like feel and dynamic within the dept

New American Funding insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks

I worked remote and had good support and was able to set own hours, allowing for good flexibility when needed. You build your own business, so your success is totally up to you. You generate all of your own leads.

It was ok while it lasted

We went from them wanting us to do twice the required work to them laying off without warning and no severance package was given. That really showed me what the employer really thought of their employees.

Great when things are good, terrible when they are bad

The mortgage industry always has its ups and downs. What makes a company great to work for is when they are willing to work with you during those changes. The pay was excellent when the market was great and although goals were adjusted up that was fine. But once the market started to decline goals/tiers were not adjusted to help make a livable wage.

Pros

Work Life Balance

Cons

Low pay for a lot of hours

Innovate & forward thinking

I’ve enjoyed working at NAF, super kind and intelligent people. The owners are amazing and interact with everyone! They’re continuously coming out with new programs/ways to help people qualify for a home loan

Fun work place with good people

They care a lot about their staff, and make sure you don't burn out. Great place to work if you're in the mortgage business. Great management, clean offices, and room for growth. They invest in your success.

Working with NAF was a Pleasure!!

I really enjoyed working at NAF the company really put time into making sure you are trained properly. I loved working there as long as you do your Job there were no problems. I no longer work at NAF due to Personal issues. I would recommend anyone looking to get with a great company to start with NAF.

Contradictions, Contradictions, Contradictions

Working at this company was great until the rates went up and business slowed down. Monthly goals never changed, pay never changed, benefits were the WORST and management had no clear plan. They started hiring tons of new people and then firing them instead of just paying the good loan officers they had better money. The micromanagement and contradicting meetings were enough to make anyone want to run as far away as possible. It’s just been truly sad to witness and I wouldn’t recommend this place to anyone who wants to make enough to pay their bills without clueless managers breathing down their neck 24/7.

Mostly there for the people but burnt out from work

Met a lot of great people and it was easy to get along with most of them. The company has high expectations even during the slow times. They "encourage" to make more money is to work more hours which leads you to be burnt out. They praised those who worked off hours so there's no way you can have a work/life balance.

Good company but stressful

Good company to work for but was high stress. Didn't see work/life balance. Often contradicted what they were preaching. "don't work off the clock, but also don't not take calls on the weekends"

Pros

Company culture

Cons

Stress and burnout

Salary

Overall it’ss good work place. The hours stuck the managers stuck as well. You get points for every doctors excuse you being in or whenever you miss work for anything which was weird. The only thing I liked about the job was the money

Pros

Money

Cons

Life work balance

For the LOA role, it all depends on your loan officer...

I had THE best loan officer to work for. The only reason I left was because I was head-hunted and given an offer I couldn't turn down.Being detail-oriented and having phone etiquette & people skills helps in making client-relations much easier. Our branch manager was also amazing and continually provided help when pushing a loan through.Working from home when needed was always an option, albeit I did not take advantage of that very often.I liked the job so much that I often think that if things were to not work out in my current role for some reason, while I would be sad, I would definitely consider going back to work for New American funding in my area.

Great company in a slow market

Great company for starting out in the MLO industry. They are patient and prioritize doing things the right way High-quality work is favored over speed.

Na

I always feel under appreciated here , lot of favoritism in this company ultimately you have to know someone within the company to get any type of promotion, team leads never know what they are doing Poor communication between each other overall would not recommend this company as a job unfortunately all the new hires I have met only last about a month or less hmmm I wonder why ?

Not a bad job, but leaves much to be desired

NAF isn't bad, but as a Production Assistant my work feels like all of the tasks that Processors and Loan Officer Assistants don't want to do. I learned a lot about the mortgage industry as a novice from when I started. Management is okay, nothing too special but I would say they are adequate. Culture is very inclusive, you can almost always ask for help and someone will be willing to offer you what they know. Hardest part of the job was getting everything done on time because a lot of what I do deals with government agencies and as we know those agencies can be S L O W so I felt pressured when I wasn't able to get things back quickly because I didn't want to get blamed for it. I guess the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to WFH on my own schedule. I would rate NAF a 3/5. Compensation could be much better considering we are helping to fund million dollar loans and our work is essential.

Do not care about their employees.

Do not care about their employees. Spit them out after years of dedication and service. No help in putting knowledgeable staff in other positions vs a "reduction in workforce" . Management does not back up their employees. They also are like ostriches with their heads in the sand. Human Resources is only out to protect the company and seriously do not care about the employees. Stay way!

Pros

Remote work

Cons

Expensive healthcare, terrible HR Dept, Awful work life/family balance

Mixed bag

Great company with awesome vision and inclusive ideas in general but some departments have a culture of micromanaging and favoritism. Hopefully they’ll wake up to the fact that employees nowadays know their worth and refuse to be treated like incompetent people.

Pros

Work remotely

Cons

Micromanaging

Great company

Great place to work at. Competitive pay and great benefits. The management is awesome I loved all my co workers. The company as a whole is amazing. Love this

Good quality leads to build a nice pipeline.

But high expectations of workers when they pay them very very low commissions compared to other companies. They also expect the loan officer to do the job of a LOA, processor, underwriter and funder lol it’s pretty ridiculous. And on top of all that work you get paid 25 bps... 55 if u refer your borrower to a in house realtor... that like pennies compared to other companies.

Not for new loan officers

The training provided from the company was very sub-par. They show new Loan officers how to use the system, and they attempt to give you sales techniques.The trainers make it very clear to instill fear into new loan officers instead of building confidence based on education.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New American Funding. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at New American Funding.
Powered byComparably

Compare New American Funding with

New American Funding reviews by popular job title

• New American Funding
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?