NEW AVENUES TO INDEPENDENCE, INC Employee Reviews in Cleveland, OH

Management is terrible and pay is terrible
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 10, 2019
My work site had a very bad mice problems no one cared . Supervisor was full of bs . Day service staff never did they job correctly . Also felt like my checks was being shorted .
Pros
Set schedule
Cons
Pay & management
Not a good work place
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 29, 2019
This is the worse ran place I’ve ever been to . The management is HORRIBLE!! The supervisors are horrible . Just not a good place to work, I love the individuals but it’s sad that the company cares more about making money off the individuals than actually helping them live a better happy life.
productive workplace
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 18, 2019
nice work enviorment i learned alot working at new avenues it was a good place to achieve meaning great skills while working with that particular population
Pros
free linches
Cons
too much down time
Staff will do well with the right training and support from management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland OhioJanuary 21, 2019
New Avenues is good for people who want to be DSP’s. Very short staffed so plenty of OT available. Health benefits are pretty expensive but they do offer a lot of training.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Bullying and no room to grow
Great upbeat culture
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 23, 2018
We work in a non profit industry so we are not going to get paid what we deserve to get paid (like many other professions) but we are appreciated by administration and managers and we are loved by our clients we serve.
learned a lot from the position
Volunteer/Internship (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 16, 2018
i spent two hours, twice a week in matching documents in my hand and look at the computer database to check to see if they matched. i spent my time sitting.
Pros
no stress
Cons
wished it was paying position
Working at New Avenues To Independence
Volunteer/Internship (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 7, 2018
The position is a data entry. I would match documents with other documents in the database. The hardest part of the job is sitting for three hours matching documents. The most enjoyable part of the job is that they don't put pressure on you.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
not paid, volunteer position
organization
Residential Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 28, 2018
Communication and upper management in some departments are not professional. There are some things that do not benefit the staff and supervisor does not mee the expectations of staff or the individuals
Productive work place
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 9, 2018
My experience with New Avenues to Independece was great i really enjoyed working there the hours were great the staff was flexible and the clients were excellent
Pros
great room for advancement
Cons
not enough activities planned for clients
Stressful
Primary Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 11, 2017
You can have a flexible schedule but you are on call 24 hours a day which can be stressful. It interrupts your daily family life. They downsized because of money matters, not because of the clients needs.
Pros
Benefits, hours.
Cons
Hours, on call 24/7.
Individuals are awesome! Management is awful!
QDDP (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 22, 2017
I loved the individuals that I worked with for almost 6 years! Upper management has no idea what is going on in the homes! No work/home life balance. Feel badly for the individuals
Horrible place!
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 12, 2017
I worked here for 5 years and at first it was smooth sailing but then things went down hill. The people I worked with were very lazy and always taking smoke breaks. The supervisor didn't care either! I wouldn't dare put my family in this place at all. I gave this company 5 long years of my life and I still made 9.60 a hour. Thr only reason I stayed was because of the people I took care of.
Pros
The people you take care of
Cons
Pay, co workers, management
loved it
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 26, 2017
great place to work. i made new friends and new memories here with lots of people. i had a wonderful summer experience i would do it again if the opportunity if it was given.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Music therapy internship
Music Therapy Intern (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 25, 2017
A typical day at work was working with individual clients with developmental disabilities by implementing music therapy interventions. It was a very valuable experience with great coworkers.
My job
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 10, 2017
I like my job not making enough cash not enough hours I really enjoy working with people I'm very outgoing understanding dependable willing too work .
Horrible
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Euclid ave cleveland ohioFebruary 9, 2017
This is a horrible place to work. The building is dirty. Management is not intune with what goes on in the company. Most of the houses for the clients live in are not in compliance with the state of ohio. Do not apply here.
Pros
Its a paycheck
Cons
Terrible coworkers
Productive place to work
Habilitation Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 9, 2016
Managing the Habilitation Department was enlightening. We took a residential program and carved out a Vocational program. The hardest part of my job was trying to find paid work for the consumers.
Pros
Freedom to develop the program
Benefits
Fun Work place
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 6, 2016
Fun, Exciting work place learned something new everyday. I got a chance to understand individuals with special needs and disabilities
Excellent workplace environment
Team Leader/Habilitation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 19, 2016
This job required me to work hands on with individuals with developmental and physical disabilities. I had never worked in an environment such as the one this place provided. It was eye-opening and grounding.

I have enjoyed every day here but it no longer provided me with any advancement and left me at a plateau income.
Pros
Inspirational
Cons
Advancement opportunities
Working
Teaching and assisting (Current Employee) –  Cleveland OhApril 21, 2015
This job was really great. I love working here, they really did work around my schooling and was really understanding when it came to my school hours and changes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NEW AVENUES TO INDEPENDENCE, INC. Our community is ready to answer.

NEW AVENUES TO INDEPENDENCE, INC Reviews by Location