NEW AVENUES TO INDEPENDENCE, INC Employee Reviews

Music therapy internship
Music Therapy Intern (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 25, 2017
A typical day at work was working with individual clients with developmental disabilities by implementing music therapy interventions. It was a very valuable experience with great coworkers.
My job
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 10, 2017
I like my job not making enough cash not enough hours I really enjoy working with people I'm very outgoing understanding dependable willing too work .
Horrible
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Euclid ave cleveland ohioFebruary 9, 2017
This is a horrible place to work. The building is dirty. Management is not intune with what goes on in the company. Most of the houses for the clients live in are not in compliance with the state of ohio. Do not apply here.
Pros
Its a paycheck
Cons
Terrible coworkers
Productive place to work
Habilitation Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 9, 2016
Managing the Habilitation Department was enlightening. We took a residential program and carved out a Vocational program. The hardest part of my job was trying to find paid work for the consumers.
Pros
Freedom to develop the program
Benefits
Fun Work place
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 6, 2016
Fun, Exciting work place learned something new everyday. I got a chance to understand individuals with special needs and disabilities
Relaxed, but mentally tiring workplace
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHMay 9, 2016
A typical day at work for New Avenues to Independence is very relaxed. I have learned to help assist with the developmentally disabled persons, but cooking them meals, passing meds, attending to wounds, personal hygiene, and cleaning around the house.
ln my opinion, management is 'all over the place in a sense', with your work hours not ever set in stone, to you getting phone calls saying to be at work even though you aren't on the schedule for that particular day. Co-workers are friendly and caring. Hardest part of the job would be getting yourself busy for 8 to 16 hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is becoming more than just a caregiver and having your clients become friends.
Pros
Low maitinence
Cons
No set hours except every other weekend
I hate this company
HPC1 (Current Employee) –  Euclid, OHApril 14, 2016
This is by far the worst job I ev er had!! They let your co workers pick on you. Clients are very combative and they are allowed to spit hit you without being removed form the home (group home) because thats the wrong setting for the consumer.
Pros
Great exsperience
Cons
Horrible pay sorry workers
Excellent workplace environment
Team Leader/Habilitation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 19, 2016
This job required me to work hands on with individuals with developmental and physical disabilities. I had never worked in an environment such as the one this place provided. It was eye-opening and grounding.

I have enjoyed every day here but it no longer provided me with any advancement and left me at a plateau income.
Pros
Inspirational
Cons
Advancement opportunities
Working
Teaching and assisting (Current Employee) –  Cleveland OhApril 21, 2015
This job was really great. I love working here, they really did work around my schooling and was really understanding when it came to my school hours and changes.
Took care of very lovable clients
Personal/Home Care Aide/DD (Former Employee) –  Madison, OHNovember 12, 2014
Lots of drama and layed back people that would sleep on shift, break rules. Rules would change on as as needed note that people felt would help but not really everyone just themselves. I loved the residents and served them to my best ability i could and at most of the time on my own with very little help.
Pros
i taught just as i learned
Cons
to much picking on staff by staff
nice place.
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHOctober 6, 2014
Assist individuals with developmental disabilities.
The position is similar to a HHA.
Cook, Clean, and assist with ADLs
Non profit
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioAugust 30, 2014
I enjoyed working here. There could have been more room for advancement but overall a great place that serves a great purpose.
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 27, 2014
I worked in a home where 3 beautiful ladies lived. I was there to help them with their everyday needs. I worked in the evening where I had to cook their food, give them the evening showers, pass meds, and most important was to be there for them if they needed help. One of the ladies their had seizures and I was there for her just in case she had a seizure. This job was very enjoyable because these ladies relied on me to take care them and they were fun. I would take them out to evening events for their entertainment.
Pros
help DD residents
Cons
stressful
Not enough time in a day
Adminstrative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 26, 2014
Awesome clients, not so awesome management.

Would be nice if management was more in tune with what really is going on with the employee's and the individuals served. More about the people and less about the ivory tower!
Pros
Working with individuals with disabilites
Cons
management
Direct Care Staff
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHFebruary 26, 2013
One of the best jobs that I have ever had Worked with disabled people caring for them
Pros
great environment
Cons
over night work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NEW AVENUES TO INDEPENDENCE, INC. Our community is ready to answer.

NEW AVENUES TO INDEPENDENCE, INC Reviews by Location