New Balance Employee Reviews

terrible workplace.
Sales Associate/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2018
Managers are overly pressuring associates, associates are look down upon and ASSISTANT managers don’t contribute to help associates, constant conflict
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short breaks, poor work environment
Low Stress, Inviting, Helpful People
New Balance Web Development Internship (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 10, 2018
I enjoyed working at New Balance for the Web Dev internship. The pay was great (especially for an internship) and the people were nice and helpful. I would be happy to have New Balance as a work environment to call home. My only complaint is that my future at the company post-internship seems murky as most of the developers are contracted and it looks to stay this way so I am unsure of my ability to get hired on full-time.
Pros
people, pay, work environment, relaxed dress code, great place!
Cons
Unsure of future at company
good place to work
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Skowhegan, MEOctober 7, 2018
I ran the shipping room. I got materials for the various departments and unloaded trucks. I would take care of shoes and did manifest to ship shoes out.
Pros
we got a pair of shoes free
Cons
At the time the money was not very good. Bear in mind this was 30 years ago
productive work environment
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 5, 2018
It was a fast pace work environment ,learned different parts of the warehouse from picking to shipping and receiving . it was a diverse work environment and lots of work to do.
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
short breaks
Friendly and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLOctober 3, 2018
Great place to work, always meeting new people, especially since it’s a face to face kind of job. Definitely always something new to learn, and you’ll always be busy, but never a tired kind of busy.
As a contractor...
Copywriter (Current Employee) –  Sunset Hills, MOOctober 3, 2018
As a contractor my experience is limited. Although I hear that the benefits are awesome, I don't have access to them. Overall, it's a great company at which to gain experience.
awesome place with cool people
Chemical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MASeptember 26, 2018
This is a really amazing shoe company with some incredibly talented individuals who are at it every day working to deliver quality sport apparel to men and women around the globe.
Productive and Fun workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 19, 2018
Lots of diversity in customers, never a dull day as there's always something to be done, managers were also very hands on and by our sides on the floor not just in the office, very relaxed and laid back environment both from management/employees and the customers, the hardest part was when there were multiple guests and limited employees to assist the customers, the most enjoyable part was meeting new and different people from all walks of life and sharing stories or memories
Productive place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 15, 2018
A day at work was good depending how it went. For example it really depends on the customers mood and how you should work with them in any way. I make sure I have every customer that I help leave satisfied with a smile on their face; knowing I did that.
Phenomenal
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCSeptember 5, 2018
Working for this company has positioned me to do well within their company as well as working for others. This was a great experience and I would happily go back.
Fun workplace
Visual Lead (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MASeptember 5, 2018
It was a fun experience. The company really wants to see you excel. Mangers are very understanding and good to the part time employees. Company outings occurred fairly often (i.e Red Sox games).
Great place to work if an assembly line is something you are capable of.
Shoe manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Maine, MEAugust 28, 2018
I appreciate the environment and the time the management puts into an associate at new balance, I also think they have great benefits they’re but the pay was the reason I needed to find new work.
Safe working conditions but fast paced and sometimes stressful
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Norridgewock, MEAugust 27, 2018
Good place to work, medical benefits are outstanding, vision and dental are awesome too. Doing your job quickly to get the machines operational again.
Pros
Free shoes
Cons
Short breaks
Innovative and exciting time to be at New Balance
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 22, 2018
Always pushing to the next stage of innovation, which makes in a fun time to be at New Balance. Availability for advancement and to learn other areas of the company, but must be willing to relocate.
Very productive and hands on
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIAugust 21, 2018
I like working at new Balance, friendly staff and diverse environment. I hope for sometime in the future the company rethinks maternity leave, and more different benefits that will draw in more stafff.
Pros
Hands on work experience
Cons
No maternity leave
sales associate
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 14, 2018
thorough training and awesome work environment. managers were kind and understanding, more hours available upon request. also really good wages starting
Great job, great company
Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 14, 2018
You want to work here. Always looking to advance people, and hope to keep people around. Bonuses plus salary and it makes a difference in people's lives!
Had a great time eating cupcakes on our morning meeting
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 14, 2018
Making our guest feel welcome & feeling comfortable around our environment, also making sure they find what they came to look for in our store. I learned a lot about shoes as well as in liking to work in the work place.
Good workplacw
Sales/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2018
Good workplace was at a new location on 3rd avenue so the store was pretty slow most of the times.
The store eon 5th avenue I worked there a couple of times and it was a much more fast paced
Pros
discount, working area
Cons
Don’t knock until you try it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 7, 2018
I worked as a part-time employee. Certain things came up and I had to sadly leave. With that being said there are certain things I would like to point out. The pay is great. The job is very relaxed, & fast paced at the same time. Be ready to get a lot of information thrown at you about the shoes, inserts, socks, etc that you are going to be trying to sell to customers. Retain it; it will only help you in the end. But don’t worry, everyone is helpful and will help you out along the way. You aren’t thrown to the wolves. I promise! If you are uncomfortable with upselling & trying to get people to buy items then this isn’t the job for you. You have to be outgoing and determined. Management at the NBO in Wichita is wonderful and so are the other employees that work there. Typical shifts are 10-7 11-7 or 12-7.
Pros
Pay, & Management
Cons
Lots of information to learn & retain to be a good seller

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Balance. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight