New Balance Employee Reviews

Flexible but lack opportunity for growth
Creative Design Manager (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MAMarch 21, 2019
It's really difficult to move up in the organization. The company has great culture and people. Great opportunity to make a impact on from a marketing perspective, NB can compete with other companies.
Very nice people to work with, and place to work in.
Saleswoman (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MEMarch 20, 2019
I was given a lot of opportunity to grow and push myself. Whenever I needed help, there was always two or more people willing to help me in any situation.
Discounts
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mercedes, TXMarch 19, 2019
Helped open new store. It was a good place to work at learned about shoe knowledge. The different styles of runnning shoes and walking shoes and also appareal.
Pros
discounts
Cons
store closed down
Good family oriented place
Team Lead of custom line (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAFebruary 21, 2019
It’s great place for work and everyone work together helps others and brains storm to solve problems.Commucation is a top priority to accomplish work production
Horrible Management and Place to work!
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 7, 2019
At first I liked the job, the benefits were nice, the people were nice, the weekly pay was nice, and it was a great work environment. After being there for about a month, things started to change. The manager refused to give us any of the benefits that we were promised among hiring, he only gave hours based on who he liked, and your pay rate depends on how much he likes you too. People never showed up to work and the management didn't care and wouldn't fire anyone, so not only were we always short staffed, but most of the people who didn't come to work had the most hours! I DO NOT recommend working at the new balance in opry mills! You will NOT get your benefits, Your hours will decrease dramatically after about a month at this job, and the way the store is managed is unacceptable!
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
NO benefits, No hours, poor management, can't keep a staff, favoritism
Review of New Balance
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 5, 2019
A typical day was very 9-5pm. You will know what you rdoing before the day begins Although it can fluctuate throughout the day depending on customer call volume. The benefits,weekends and management were all great!
fast paced
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  South Paris, MEFebruary 4, 2019
working on a line is very faced paced and sometimes stressful, but can be fun. Fast paced makes the days go by fast. The morning shift was great and the people you work with tend to become like family
workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89123January 31, 2019
It was a pretty simple job, payroll was always tight so no guaranteed hours. Management was pretty great, always had something going on and when somebody else had a problem, they would not compromise
not my cup of tea
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Skowhegan, MEJanuary 22, 2019
there is always someone watching over your shoulder most of the time with a stopwatch to time you. good pay and benefits for this area. perfect for people with a family.
Fun and exciting work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCJanuary 15, 2019
Really nice working environment, all co workers are respectful and outgoing which I really enjoyed. We always had fun no matter what it was that we were doing.
Summary
Seasonal Sales Associate (tent sale) (Former Employee) –  Skowhegan, MEJanuary 13, 2019
I worked in the store as a seasonal sales associate. I will never do that again. The managers were rude, and not understanding. I worked more than I should have with no breaks at the time.
Pros
Cons
managers
Relaxed work days
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MADecember 27, 2018
In New Balance i learned a lot about customer service skills, inventory, cashier, foot wear and apparel knowledge. Management did their job properly but like any other workplace showed favoritism to certain associates.
Pros
40% discount on all products for yourself and family members.
Cons
Forgetting to clock in or out counts against you for attendance.
Growing Steadily
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MADecember 21, 2018
New Balance is a great company to work for as it continues to steadily grow. With every company that grows, there are plenty of growing pains. The company is now at a tipping point of moving to be a large global company and must begin to think, act, and reflect that way.
brand ambassador
New Balance Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 8, 2018
Working with New Balance was a great experience. I was able to work for a company that really cares about there employees and customers. Those qualities are always something that i am looking for at a workplace. i learned new sales techniques and new ways to serve customers needs.
up and coming company
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MANovember 30, 2018
Fast pace company to work for small assembly teams. the pay for the employees could be better. The will probably do better with an incentive program
A great place to work if you are in certain departments
INTEGRATED MARKETING ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 28, 2018
New Balance is a great place to work. In my department (marketing), I was able to make a lot of decisions on my own and grow my career somewhat decently. There are still some kinks being worked out in the leadership department, but it seems like the company is moving in the right direction. Lots of organizational shuffling takes place, but they normally do a good job of giving everyone a heads up. The culture is pretty fun, at least where I work, but the new office is a little stuffy with lots of weird rules, like no coffee machines, etc. Now that we are getting more options for food outside of the cafeteria in Brighton Landing, that helps to be able to "escape" the bubble for a bit. Kohi has excellent but expensive coffee!
Pros
discounts
Cons
cliquey
workplace culture
Freelance Visual Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 20, 2018
New Balance has a great workplace culture full of eager creatives that strive for greatness. The HQ is state of the art as well and follows closely to the brand in all aspects.
N/a
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 5, 2018
Most of the time you were always busy, either helping with the customers or cleaning up and arranging shoes on the shelves. I learned how to keep composure even when numerous customers needed help.
Not a good company
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAOctober 29, 2018
Never have a ever worked for a company that was so unprofessional. The district manager only drops by when something is wrong. Doesn’t answer emails or is very snappy when replying.
Benefits
Cons
Managment
Great Place
Plastics & Processing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 28, 2018
New Balance strives to be at the top of the class for a workplace/lifestyle. I believe they do that strongly and have enjoyed my internship greatly in the time I have been there.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Lots of Work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Balance. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss