New Balance Employee Reviews

brand ambassador
New Balance Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 8, 2018
Working with New Balance was a great experience. I was able to work for a company that really cares about there employees and customers. Those qualities are always something that i am looking for at a workplace. i learned new sales techniques and new ways to serve customers needs.
up and coming company
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MANovember 30, 2018
Fast pace company to work for small assembly teams. the pay for the employees could be better. The will probably do better with an incentive program
A great place to work if you are in certain departments
INTEGRATED MARKETING ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 28, 2018
New Balance is a great place to work. In my department (marketing), I was able to make a lot of decisions on my own and grow my career somewhat decently. There are still some kinks being worked out in the leadership department, but it seems like the company is moving in the right direction. Lots of organizational shuffling takes place, but they normally do a good job of giving everyone a heads up. The culture is pretty fun, at least where I work, but the new office is a little stuffy with lots of weird rules, like no coffee machines, etc. Now that we are getting more options for food outside of the cafeteria in Brighton Landing, that helps to be able to "escape" the bubble for a bit. Kohi has excellent but expensive coffee!
Pros
discounts
Cons
cliquey
workplace culture
Freelance Visual Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 20, 2018
New Balance has a great workplace culture full of eager creatives that strive for greatness. The HQ is state of the art as well and follows closely to the brand in all aspects.
Good job for flexible schedule
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CANovember 16, 2018
I held this job while attending school. It was part time and they worked with me to accommodated school scheduling. Great job for anyone seeking part time work that needs flexible hours. You will need to be comfortable working on a sales floor.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Limited growth potential
N/a
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 5, 2018
Most of the time you were always busy, either helping with the customers or cleaning up and arranging shoes on the shelves. I learned how to keep composure even when numerous customers needed help.
Not a good company
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAOctober 29, 2018
Never have a ever worked for a company that was so unprofessional. The district manager only drops by when something is wrong. Doesn’t answer emails or is very snappy when replying.
Benefits
Cons
Managment
Great Place
Plastics & Processing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 28, 2018
New Balance strives to be at the top of the class for a workplace/lifestyle. I believe they do that strongly and have enjoyed my internship greatly in the time I have been there.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Lots of Work
Great people, poor management and communication.
Web UI Developer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 23, 2018
Worked with great people and on a variety of problems. Management is oblivious to what goes on and created a culture where FTE's phoned it in because there was no incentive to do otherwise. Discouraging to passionate developers.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No path to adance
cutting hours
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 23, 2018
its okay working there just it gets really boring during the week days and they started to cut my hours from having 25-27 hours a week to now just about 12- 15 hours a week.
Low Stress, Inviting, Helpful People
New Balance Web Development Internship (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 10, 2018
I enjoyed working at New Balance for the Web Dev internship. The pay was great (especially for an internship) and the people were nice and helpful. I would be happy to have New Balance as a work environment to call home. My only complaint is that my future at the company post-internship seems murky as most of the developers are contracted and it looks to stay this way so I am unsure of my ability to get hired on full-time.
Pros
people, pay, work environment, relaxed dress code, great place!
Cons
Unsure of future at company
good place to work
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Skowhegan, MEOctober 7, 2018
I ran the shipping room. I got materials for the various departments and unloaded trucks. I would take care of shoes and did manifest to ship shoes out.
Pros
we got a pair of shoes free
Cons
At the time the money was not very good. Bear in mind this was 30 years ago
productive work environment
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 5, 2018
It was a fast pace work environment ,learned different parts of the warehouse from picking to shipping and receiving . it was a diverse work environment and lots of work to do.
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
short breaks
Friendly and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLOctober 3, 2018
Great place to work, always meeting new people, especially since it’s a face to face kind of job. Definitely always something new to learn, and you’ll always be busy, but never a tired kind of busy.
As a contractor...
Copywriter (Current Employee) –  Sunset Hills, MOOctober 3, 2018
As a contractor my experience is limited. Although I hear that the benefits are awesome, I don't have access to them. Overall, it's a great company at which to gain experience.
awesome place with cool people
Chemical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MASeptember 26, 2018
This is a really amazing shoe company with some incredibly talented individuals who are at it every day working to deliver quality sport apparel to men and women around the globe.
Productive and Fun workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 19, 2018
Lots of diversity in customers, never a dull day as there's always something to be done, managers were also very hands on and by our sides on the floor not just in the office, very relaxed and laid back environment both from management/employees and the customers, the hardest part was when there were multiple guests and limited employees to assist the customers, the most enjoyable part was meeting new and different people from all walks of life and sharing stories or memories
Productive place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 15, 2018
A day at work was good depending how it went. For example it really depends on the customers mood and how you should work with them in any way. I make sure I have every customer that I help leave satisfied with a smile on their face; knowing I did that.
Phenomenal
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCSeptember 5, 2018
Working for this company has positioned me to do well within their company as well as working for others. This was a great experience and I would happily go back.
Fun workplace
Visual Lead (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MASeptember 5, 2018
It was a fun experience. The company really wants to see you excel. Mangers are very understanding and good to the part time employees. Company outings occurred fairly often (i.e Red Sox games).

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Balance. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight