New Beginnings Family Academy Employee Reviews

A good place to learn and work
Educator (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMarch 21, 2018
Working at New Beginnings is definitely a learning experience. As an employee written the school you truly become a therapeutic service provider, counselor and much more. The children are treated like family and every classroom is its own little community. In this environment, I've learned to put the kids before teaching /learning and on some days that may mean more social-emotional conversation and less academic institution.
Pros
Short instructional days; long preps; emphasis on field trips
Cons
The model makes you work harder than a traditional school
My Experience
PARA-PROFESSIONAL (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTFebruary 7, 2018
My contract was not renewed with no reason for why my contract was not renewed. I was treated with contempt by administration, with no interest in my efforts to improve the development of the childrens education. Teachers I worked with were more than willing to write up a disparaging evaluation, rather than, willing to work with me to arrange the best learning environment for the children. I was shut down. It was a relief to not be working there with the older people.
Pros
The children. Home at a descent time M-F. Benefits are good if you have a family.
Cons
No room for growth. People will throw you under the bus.
Company
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTNovember 1, 2017
This is an educational school and working with kids. You show social emotional response to student. hard part is consequence. I enjoy making a difference in each students i come across.
The Children Inspire You!
Teacher's Assistant/ Afterschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTOctober 3, 2017
Everyday was a new adventure, the children made you want to come to work everyday. Management was shaky. The hardest part of the job was having little material for the children.
You do NOT want to work here
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJuly 28, 2016
Students are out of control 90% of the time. Students physically and verbally abuse teachers/staff. Administration is incompetent and makes claims of appreciating all that you do but they don't. Discipline is ineffective and lacking. Teachers are undervalued, underpaid and disrespected. Not servicing SPED children properly. Almost half the staff leaves every year. Basically a glorified babysitting service.
Pros
loved some of the students
Cons
everything
Horrible work enviroment
Teacher (Current Employee) –  New yorkApril 7, 2016
I worked for NBFA for a year and it was the worst experience in my 10 year career. No one who was in charge was able to give any straight answers. The leader of the school was unprofessional and culturally bias. There was no discipline or control in the school. Students on a daily basis were in fights and verbal altercations and the administration allowed it. When the state came in for review of the carter school we were told as teachers to act different and lie to the state. There were staff that were not medically trained in the nurses office giving out medication to students when the school nurse was out. So many wrong things to list and it stems from the administration not doing their job. Leaving was the best thing I did.
Pros
Cons
everything
good
Food services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMarch 31, 2016
I am very happy to work at new beginning family,I have learned a lot. The child make me very happy,my co-workers help me a lot
Pros
i am very happy
Educational environment
Assistant Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJanuary 3, 2016
Elementary charter school.The management team needs more training on how to motivate employees. The school needs a clearly defined goal and workable objectives to achieve the goal.
Pros
Educating children is great
Cons
The management team needs more training.
Interesting
Assistant Music Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJune 23, 2014
working with children and teach music to k-8, learn very much from staff and students and enjoyed to good things that came out of it.
Pros
Taught what I loved to children, and learned from co-workers
Cons
Lack of Communication, Drama in Students behaviors