New Country Motor Car Group Employee Reviews

Absolutely Terrible
Sales & Lease Consultant (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYSeptember 7, 2018
Not only is the automotive business difficult to begin with but this company takes it to the extreme. You will be micro-managed, have deals taken from you, yelled and cursed at and have criticism over doing your work while management is often the problem in getting vehicles over the curb.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Don't work here!
Beware the "Corporate structure"
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYSeptember 2, 2018
I ran a department for them for over 3 years and have never felt less appreciated anywhere. Because they have multiple locations they operate like they are Apple or Fortune 500. They even refer to their administrative building as the palace and longtime employees say they are unapproachable,it's laughable. I was never allowed speak to anyone above in store GM even though they have multiple VP's, and exec's regardless of the problem including safety concerns. Worked 50-60 hours/week because they could never find help due to poor pay. My coworkers were a great group of people, unfortunately they're justifiably miserable and the culture and moral are low. In the end myself/everyone in my department, as well as same departments in all other locations were told one day that at 5:00 PM same day we were no longer New Country employees. They brought in an outside company from down south to take over department which obviously took planning and knowledge but we were given no notice, just pink slip. If you like a company that doesn't have enough help because pay is poor then expects you to give up your life to put in hours to make up for it, still be underpaid, blame any problem on some nameless exec in "The Palace", and in the end treat you like a number this is the place for you. Don't say you weren't warned.
Cons
Low pay, no loyalty or concern for workers
not a pleasant place to work
AUDI BRAND SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTJune 11, 2018
the culture was not very embracing. management was demeaning and talent and experience was not appreciated.
their approach to sales was robotic a one size fits all mantra.
Who you know, not what you know
Office (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJune 6, 2018
The title says it all. Very little training, no teaching or learning from mistakes. The boss would just fix something instead of teaching how to do it right next time.
good people, terrible location
Audi Brand Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTFebruary 17, 2018
The people here are cool, being on the main road causes a lot of traffic and makes customers mad. So dealing with a fumed customer is not always the best way to start off. We're also in the middle of construction at this time. No on site parking.
Very fast-paced environment
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYFebruary 9, 2018
Good place to work if you wanna hustle hard. Management is great and always willing to help. If you work here, be prepared to have no life whatsoever.
Terrible place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYFebruary 2, 2018
I worked for them twice, should never have went back. When I went back the second time I was told I would make more money then I did at the place I left. The reality was I lost $15,000 a year because of their underhanded pay plans. Then when I left for another dealership I began being harassed because of a non-compete policy they have which is in no way legally binding. They try to make you feel like they own you, but they do not! Stay away from the greedy power hungry owners of this terrible dealership!
Depends on what you do
New Country (Current Employee) –  Saratoga, NYJanuary 19, 2018
New Country is an okay place to work for if you either are big in the company, or make them money. If you don't, they do not care about you and if you stay. The people who aren't management are great to work with. Unfortunately your job can be either slow or hectic depending on the time of month.
Good place to Work
Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTDecember 21, 2017
Fair pay, but hard work and very demanding customers. The customers are a very interesting mix of very well paid/wealthy clients,with multiple cars and expectations of very high service.
The director has changed since I was there. But the company in general is very good
productive
Office Support (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYDecember 13, 2017
Data entry of car deals.
Administered appropriate compliance's.
Maintained office records in hard copy and electronic filing.
you had to rush to get things done, training was not good enough for the amount of work that was handed to you extremely face paced. The hours and money were great
Pros
great hours and great pay
Cons
bad training
friendy workers
Express Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYNovember 25, 2017
helping customers, helping coworkers when needed. fast pasted always busy very fair to employees the hardest parts of the job is during the holidays.
Poor management
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTSeptember 11, 2017
Very poor management and lack of acknowledgement for employees. This is not a great place to work. Upper management is always nickel and diming all the employees.
One of the best auto groups in the country with the right philosophy!
Executive Manager (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutAugust 8, 2017
If you are a self motivated, customer service focused employee.. New Country Motor Car Group is the place to work. You will be compensated very well for top performance and they have a proven track record for internal growth. I have come across some of the best executives and management in the business here at New Country. They have a young core group of management and an energetic team with tremendous auto experience. This is the company to work for if you are in the automotive business. They have a strict hiring process and if you can get your foot in the door.. take advantage of the opportunity.
Pros
Good compensation for performance, great management, growing company, multiple store network, 20 group style meetings for best practices, an executive management team that cares about people.
Cons
must put in the sweat to be rewarded.. but that is anywhere
Great culture
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYAugust 7, 2017
Strong Management and room to grow with them. They invest in the staff and lead from the top down. The hours are tough but retail is retail and the job needs to get done. I would work for them again.
Pros
strong team culture and support
company slave
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  CTJuly 22, 2017
No matter how nice your supervisor is New Country Auto Group is aweful. Your pay plan is 6-7 pages long and you need a lawyer to figure out how you get paid. In my 2 years my pay plan was changed
4 times and not to make me more money but for New Country to keep more of it. It's designed to trip you up and lose bonuses. A bad deal in sales and you owe the dealership money. Same goes for service. Stay as far away as possible.
Pros
it was close to home
Cons
crooks
sales of vehicles
Deal Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ballston Spa, NYApril 3, 2017
we helped people become owners of new vehicles. we processed the paperwork needed to accomplish the sale. great company to work for and good people to work with
Great Company
Controller/Group Controller (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJuly 25, 2013
In the early years I worked as the Right hand to one of the owners!!! He was AWESOME we clicked and it worked. Then came the centralization which was a great learning experience and a challenge but we got it done........just decided 80 hour weeks and 12 corps was more than I wanted to do after I got married.
very little training for new employees. Long hours,very little compensation and poor management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYApril 25, 2013
Very little training for new employees. Long hours, very little conpensation and poor management
Pros
very loyal employees
Cons
very long hours, very little compensation with time outside of work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Country Motor Car Group. Our community is ready to answer.