New Directions Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 13, 2018
Company has a great concept that is poorly executed with an under qualified management. Race is a factor in pay. Management is based on friendships and not ability to effectively manage. The effective managers were removed because they were not friends with upper management.
Best job I ever had and best managers ever.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TxAugust 9, 2018
I'd still be with them had the office not closed and moved to Little Rock. When I came to work for New Directions the hiring manager told me that the three principles for workers at New Directions were: 1) Do the best you can for the customer 2) Have fun doing it and 3) The money will follow. And it did. The business almost doubled in the 4 yr I was at New Directions.
Pros
My managers knew how to successfully manage people by encouragement and support.
Cons
Since I left upper management has changed and I've heard that the culture has changed somewhat.
Not The Same Company
Helpdesk Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 2, 2018
The CIO and IT Upper Mangement, are the worst at treating people with respect. Stay far away! Once you are in the middle of the chaos you will wish you didnt accept the job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 1, 2018
They do not micromanage you, you are an adult and expected to behave in that manner. Staff is friendly and helpful. TEAM player environment. Earn fun bonus just for showing up to work.
Frustrated!
UM (Current Employee) –  RemoteJuly 7, 2018
Too much work and not enough help. New staff doesn't stay due to stress and heavy workload. Have to work late just to catch up on cases and keep from drowning. Not a good feeling on a daily basis. Mid mgmt- so so, upper mgmt-delusional! Unreasonable expectations and never-ending list of things to do. Get a clue HR. And you say you're in the "behavioral health" business?
Pros
Yhe pay would be good IF you worked a 40-hour work week
Cons
NeverEnding demands on employees
Clinical Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 28, 2018
Work very hard. Non stop. I learned about working for corporate America.
Management was one of the reasons why I resigned.
The workplace culture was up and down from season to season.
The hardest part of the job were the different management changes.
I enjoyed working with a versatile people, and learning alot of new skills. The team work for my specific dept was great.
Not a good place to work for a behavioral health company
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 17, 2018
Negative work environment and changing leadership every year. Does not promote from within and work load is incredible. I highly recommend a new hire to work for another healthcare company.
Nice pay
Case manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 15, 2018
Benefits and salary are great. Working remotely is a nice boost for the work you do...which never seems to stop. Lots of rules and practices that constantly change. So many calls and logging notes about calls, meetings, protocol, IT problems, and, in between, working with members/clients that it's impossible to meet the expectations of management. Stressful but colleagues are the coolest.
Pros
Salary, flexible schedule, remote office
Cons
High caseloads & expectations that are impossible to meet
Interview Process
None yet (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 30, 2018
I went through a phone screen and then had an interview with one person in the room and another through skype at the same time. Apparently it was the first time they had ever done this and I was very patient while they set it all up because I really wanted the job. They asked me a ton of behavioral questions and things about my prior experience and told me I'd hear something in a few days. A few days went by and I emailed a recruiter that I had been talking with via email and I got no response back even though I had had regular communication with this woman before. I found it incredibly rude and unprofessional that I couldn't even get an email saying that the company had went with someone else. Good luck to anyone else who interviews with this company.
No Direction Bad Behavior for your Health
Remote Healthcare IT (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 9, 2018
New Management sucks has no clue and has destroyed the culture of the company. Favoritism among the staff and special treatment if your a favorite....
Pros
work from home
Cons
New Management
Great work environment!
Claims Auditor (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOMarch 28, 2018
Great place to work. Great work life balance.
Very collaborative and respectful team. Management treats everyone well. Office is bright and spacious. Cubes are large. New up to date equipment. Time is flexible for most positions. Work at home is available a couple days a week after training. Company is growing and some aspects of the business are new, so most of the training is on the job. Great co-workers!
Pros
benefits, flex schedule, Pto
A ok company
Assistant Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Athens, TXMarch 26, 2018
This company is decent place to work. I have been apart of this company for years. However just like any company there are some areas they could definitely improve. Long work days hrs does not keep up with your time correctly so sometimes your checks are short
Small Company feel but management changes taking that away
IT Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 24, 2018
The collaboration here is pretty good in the IT area, but the new management is NOT collaborative, and that makes everyone fearful and paranoid. Trying to advance their business process to Agile development. Not willing to provide much training.
Pros
Small office, make friends
Cons
Not much training, management ignores you
Great Place to work
claims (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MissouriFebruary 22, 2018
I was hired for the start up of a claims shop in O'Fallon, Mo. The management is very knowledgeable and fair and always open to feedback. Everyone's input is valuable here. They understand the importance of work/life balance and are flexible. I am excited to learn and look forward to growing with this company.
Pros
Training, flexible schedule, great management
Good company
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 8, 2018
New Directions provides a lot of benefits for the job. What I did was sit in a cubicle, which wasn't good for me, but others seem to love it. Great co-workers
No comment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 4, 2018
No comment, no comment, no comment, not worth providing comments. It is very much about the business need for the company. That is all the comments I have.
Inspirations was a great job I enjoyed working with them
Driver/Tech (Former Employee) –  Milton, FLJanuary 29, 2018
One day I reported and was told that the next day I would have no job by a employee who wasn't supposed to tell me the next day I reported in to work to find the place locked up Closed hoping that they would reopen I waited and I am still waiting
Not client oriented as they say they are
Remote Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 15, 2018
In my humble opinion, New Directions Behavioral Health is focused on money and not their client/members. It appears that they care and they want to help people in theory however, in practice it is about getting the work in without actually reaching out and helping people. The focus is making sure the phone calls to the members are made and not whether you actually reached them or not. The checklist is done but the actually reaching out to the members in a helpful, useful manner is not of concern by the company or managers.For example, I was told to call and "just leave a message" when they knew the member was probably still in the hospital. The goal was to get those calls in not reach the member. When speaking to the management, all sounds well that you will be calling and reaching members and helping keep them from returning to the hospital. In theory it sounds great. In reality that is not the case. Very disappointing to know that the insurance side of things are focused only on money when they represent themselves otherwise.Unfortunate and not a place to work if you are at all ethical minded. It is hard to do it anyways knowing that it is futile. I do not recommend this business.
Pros
work from home
Cons
training is complicated and not very helpful for the work you actually do
Challenging work with High Risk Clients
Care Transition Manager, Utilization Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 28, 2017
A typical day would be to organize priorities. Most of the clients were high risk and required extensive interventions. To maintain a case load of 80-180 clients required constant vigilance. I learned that I prefer to work in person with individuals that have mental health & substance use issues. I loved the team that I worked with. I enjoyed working with Florida Blue Case Managers. I learned that I missed working with more diverse population that would include people with less intense issues.
Pros
Intense & exciting & diverse
Cons
Morale draining organization with a grim outlook
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 15, 2017
The organization has taken a downward spiral since I first started. Morale is extremely low, employees are underappreciated, overworked and underpaid. Management has very little trust in it's employees and a very closed line of communication. I would not recommend anyone work for this company. Potential employees are fed half truths about the environment and training before being thrown to the wolves in a world of sheer utter job dissatisfaction.
Pros
Pto, Health Insurance, Paid Company Holidays
Cons
Micromanagement and poor management, Glass Ceiling, Poor Communication, Job Dissatisfaction, No Room for growth, drives numbers and the bottom line.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Directions Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight