New England Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

Wor
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandMarch 30, 2018
Terrible management. Could care less about employees. Cut throat for job status never recognized for the good things I taught students always criticized by managers and saw politics in action there
Pros
Cons
Poor recognition
Excellent Instructional Design and Chair
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 7, 2018
I designed 2 classes that went online for health care management and the master's degree in Public Health. I was fully supported via the instructional design department and the chairs.
An Innovative, Collaborative Place to work
Educational Consultant (Former Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIDecember 14, 2017
My experience at NEIT was all very positive. The leadership was inclusive and supportive of my ideas and encouraged me to offer insight on many issues. I would strongly recommend NEIT and would continue to work there myself if the opportunity presented itself.
Excellent place to work
Electrical/Electronic Lab Assistant (part-time) (Current Employee) –  East Greenwich, RISeptember 27, 2017
The New England Institute of Technology located in East Greenwich, RI is a great place to work. The management are easy to work with. The job responsibilities are interesting and varied.
Great workplace
Admissions Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Greenwich, RISeptember 6, 2017
The environment is perfect. Everyone is super friendly, relaxed, hardworking, and is happy to be at work. The work load is evenly spread out. Management is very professional.
Pros
lunch breaks, culture, benefits, etc
Positive
Student, Phi Theta Kappa Honors (Current Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIAugust 29, 2017
Lots of opportunities to help students through challenges and as teams within each dept. There are opportunities to oversee various group activities and encourage students to seek assistance as needed
Wonderful colleagues; no advancement potential
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT (Former Employee) –  E Greenwich, RIAugust 11, 2017
Unfortunately, grounded in the "way we have always done things" mentality. Professional development is non-existent; no employee appreciation or support; benefits are substandard.
Pros
the people
Cons
lack of employee support and appreciation
Student at NEIT
Student (Former Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIFebruary 23, 2017
An amazing place to learn. Teachers and staff are very helpful and knowledgeable. This is easily one of the best places in New England to receive and education. They will even assist you in finding a job, writing your resume, and conducting mock interviews.
nice environment to learn and succeed
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  E Greenwich, RIJanuary 25, 2017
A typical day would be go to class and learn. I learned a lot. management was great. the workplace was relaxed. the hardest part is the work. I enjoy everything there.
Pros
nice atmosphere
Cons
10 week quarters
Very little review policy
Associate Instructor (Former Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIDecember 3, 2016
The pay waas good but the management never came into the classroom to see how we were doing teaching. The only way we were evaluated was on student evaluatins, and if you had a class of students that were doing poorly or that was an unruly group, you suffered.
Pros
the pay
Cons
the environment
Fast Pasted Working Environment
Graphic Lab Supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIOctober 8, 2016
New England Tech was one of the best places to work with. I went into work everyday at 7:30AM or 8:00AM just because it was a pleasure to be there.

To start off, I cleaned each of the Graphic Design laboratories and the photo studio. This wasn't part of my job, but I really felt that people would have a much better time if they came in to a freshly cleaned room. This included: vacuumed carpets (had to bring in my own vacuum), cleaned mice and keyboards, organized chairs, and clean screens.

Once people started coming in, I was practically a teacher to everyone. They would come in for any excess help that the Graphic, Multimedia, and Web Design teachers were unable to help with (as they aren't always readily available). This allowed me to have constant upkeep on all of the Adobe Creative Suite programs, as well as get a taste for what teaching was like.

My managers were always very proud of the work that was done, and often showed it. The job got me many friends and other freelance jobs, including potentential career paths via the managers.
Pros
Friendly, Flexible, Fun
Cons
Not many hours
College campus, very clean with a great staff and student body.
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  East Greenwich, RISeptember 14, 2016
Worked later in the day so traffic wasn't terrible. My position was in the call center contacting potential students. I was given leads with filled out contact information. When a student was interested in finding out more about the facility, I would arrange an appointment for them to have a tour and/or meet with an Admissions Officer.
Pros
Tech Nite free snacks
Enjoyable place to work
Tour Guide (Current Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIJune 13, 2016
I have learned to communicate with many different types of people while working as a tour guide at NEIT and I think that is my favorite part about the job
Great experience
Equipment Facilities Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIMay 31, 2016
Working as equipment facilities assistant has been great considering I get to learn the equipment that everyone in the department uses.
Pros
Fun environment, great learning experience
Cons
work study, minimum wage
New England tech taught me a lot of valuable skills i can take to other companies.
Federal Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIApril 6, 2016
The work environment at new England was very professional environment to work in. I learned a lot of valuable skills that i will be able to carry on to other companies. I was taught how to use software for multiple federal loan companies.
Great place to work and learn
Tour Guide / Admission Aid (Current Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIMarch 22, 2016
Excellent people to work with and for. Flexible work schedule. Great hours. I have learned a lot from the company. Great management. Comfortable working space. Work schedule is based around your school schedule.
School
Automotive Program Student (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RINovember 12, 2015
I enjoy being a student at New England Institute of Technology a lot, I learn how to works on certain parts of cars everyday and get the right education.
Enjoyable and challenging
Campus Tour Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RISeptember 1, 2015
Great place to work, Enjoyed talking to families and prospective students, Challenging in some areas dealing with out of state students without campus dorms.
Pros
fun and enjoyable place to work
Cons
only part time work
Good working environment
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIJuly 23, 2015
I worked there as part of a work study program. I was a peer tutor in the nursing simulation lab, working with students on skills and content as well as running simulations for faculty.
Amazing place to work
Teacher's Assistant/ Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIJuly 19, 2015
The whole job has been amazing, the people I work with are knowledgeable and willing to share there knowledge. I cant say enough about how much I love working here.