New England Life Care

New England Life Care Employee Reviews

United States43 reviews
Just do your job and u will be fine. The hours are great and they do work with u if u need time off. Loved being able to sit at my desk and work with my music playing
I have worked for New England Life Care for over 2 years and can't say enough positive things about this company. They truly care about their employees, especially when it comes to work-life balance. They go above and beyond to ensure their employees have all the support they need, which has become even more apparent during the COVID-19 pandemic. Management has been phenomenal, constantly checking in to make sure their employees have all the support they need. I could not ask for a better place to work.
Pros
Workplace culture, benefits, compensation, management, work-life balance
Cons
none.
There are good days and stressful days and how you manage this internally, verbally with your supervisors and team make this job. Being able to accept help, work as a team, work independently and communicate is what is needed. The company is always going out of their way to recognize and include employee's. The manager's door is always open even with dozens of things on her plate never would feel unable to communicate to them. Huge growth potential within the company makes it even more rewarding. Been like a family since day one and going on 2 years. The expectations are set high and have seen people not able to meet it but expect NELC to never lower their standards.
Pros
Teammates, family like atmosphere, benefits, incentives
Cons
Stressful environment if you need a flexible schedule depending on position.
I don't know what exactly I can say to you. You will not find support. It is not a place to learn and succeed. Everyone is stressing everyone out until it comes to you.

you will like the co-workers but the system is very stressful even stressful on your direct manager from the top management so everyone gives everyone the stress .
Cons
No training, No performance appraisal so it is like an army whoever came before you is better than you.
Management is awful. Could not care less about the workers. They act like we are beneath them. Terrible work environment. If you have breathing issues or asthma the air quality here makes people sick both in the upstairs and downstairs offices.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Too many chiefs.not enough indians.. I work so hard and was never appreciated nothing but a bunch of backstabbing employees I would never recommend this joint
April 29, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience working at NELC, we value the input of all our teammates. Staff satisfaction and engagement is a essential part of our strategic plan and we consistently seek and encourage staff input on how we can improve our organization to make it the best healthcare organization in New England at which to work. New England Life Care is a fast paced, fast growing company working with our partner hospitals to transform the patient care continuum. We are proud of the commitment and excellence of our staff at NELC and recognize our unwavering commitment to providing the best care and service to our patients and member hospitals and the organization’s rapid growth that results from that commitment is not for everyone. We wish you the very best of luck in all of your future endeavors!
I have worked for NELC for 15+ years and I like my job but management is no where close to being as good as it was when I joined. I had a respectful hard working manager when I started who motivated me to perform now I feel like I just collect a paycheck. I know things change but I long for the old days.
April 29, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review NELC. Staff satisfaction and engagement is essential part of our strategic plan and we consistently seek and encourage staff input on how NELC can improve our organization to make it the best healthcare organization in New England at which to work. New England Life Care is a fast-paced company working with our partner hospitals to transform the patient care continuum. We are proud of the commitment and excellence of our teammates at NELC and recognize that our unwavering commitment to providing the best care and service to our patients and member hospitals and the organization’s rapid growth that results from that commitment is not for everyone. At NELC, we encourage open and responsible communication both horizontally and vertically in our organization. We are proud of our staff’s commitment to excellence. We are constantly searching for people who share the same commitment and drive to join the NELC team.
Would not recommend. Cannot get time off when you need it. No opportunity for growth. Job was not what I applied for or position offered. Management is not supportive, and can be unfair and not treat nurses with professional respect. Negative reviews on job boards posted are forced to be removed by management.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Management does not value their nurses
April 29, 2020
At New England Life Care, we value input and are constantly looking for ways to provide the best employee experience. Staff satisfaction and engagement is a major part of our strategic plan and we consistently seek and encourage input on how we can improve our organization to make it the best healthcare organization in New England at which to work. Please feel free to talk to your manager about any concerns you have and ask them to help you set and achieve your goals. An open and responsible conversation like that will not only be productive but will also help you get noticed! New England Life Care is a fast paced, fast growing company and we recognize our unwavering commitment to providing the best care and service to our patients and member hospitals and the organization’s rapid growth that results from that commitment is not for everyone. We are proud of the commitment to excellence of our staff at NELC.
I have been with the organization 15 plus years. I absolutely love this company! It’s never boring, I am consistently challenged and have the balance to be there for my family. I have watched this organization grow along with my family. We Are continuously growing and the challenges that come along with that. The leadership team listens to staff and is constantly working to make this the best organization. Looking forward to the next 20 years!
CEO is a approachable person
Will also make time to listen

But they are some employees who are not happy. And no matter how the company tried. It do not change.

Some are out for they're own gain, and cause trouble. Which upper management is not aware of
Pros
Good pay and co workers
Cons
Some bad apples
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at New England Life Care?
Can be overwhelming at times but it is rewarding to know that you are helping someone leave the hospital to go heal in the comforts or their own home.
The staff are really nice and truly care about their co-workers and the patients for the most part. The pharmacists are extremely knowledgeable and are always happy to teach the technicians new things.
I was brought on as a temp to hire. I had 3 different people training me and each had their own way of doing things. In the end, they decided not to keep me because I didn't catch on quickly enough. I blame their haphazard and contradictory training method(s).
But if you can triumph through that; thrive in a call center environment that is stressful, loud, and understaffed; and enjoy being surrounded by a myriad of off-beat personalities (especially in one area of the Portland location); go for it. The work place was far too bizarre for my liking.
August 29, 2019
At New England Life Care, we value input and are constantly looking for ways to improve our training methods for the best employee experience. Staff satisfaction and engagement is a major part of our strategic plan and we consistently seek input on how we can improve our organization to make it the best healthcare organization in New England at which to work. New England Life Care is a fast paced, fast growing company and we recognize that the work we do is not for everyone. We are proud of the commitment to excellence of our staff at NELC. Good luck with all your future endeavors!
Management at New England Life Care is nothing short of chaotic. You have managers that have no clue how to run their department, and you have managers that threaten your position and are rude on the daily. It’s true what they say “people usually don’t quit jobs, they quit managers”. I’m educated, I have a B.S in management and had asked to do something that would challenge me, not even asking to be in a leadership position, I was then told I wouldn’t like any other position and that they all were repetitive with little to no challenging factors, without even being offered a job shadow which they claim to pride themselves on and do for all new hires. I have never felt so under valued as a worker in my entire professional career. If you’re not going into a clinical role at NELC I wouldn’t even bother applying. Everyone is miserable.
August 8, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience working at NELC, we value the input of all our teammates. Staff satisfaction and engagement is a major part of our strategic plan and we consistently seek staff input on how we can improve our organization to make it the best healthcare organization in New England at which to work. New England Life Care is a fast paced, fast growing company working with our partner hospitals to transform the patient care continuum. We are proud of the commitment and excellence of our staff at NELC and recognize that the work we do is not for everyone. We wish you the very best of luck in all of your future endeavors!
Great place to work. Facilitate discharge to home on iv medications. You have to be detail oriented and organized. Teamwork is wonderful. overall happy with the position.
They’re always willing to help you and educate you in areas where you might not be familiar with. Everyone knows each other and are very welcoming of new employees. Every job in the company is very important to the overall well being of the company so as long as you take your job seriously you will be very successful at NELC
Poor management and high stress. If you are smart they will use you until you burn out. Daily drama, stress, and chaos. Managers don’t have the proper experience to run the business and they don’t want to hear it from people with the proper experience. Twilight Zone is a daily description of this place. No support from management and over use of employees can result in bad results for patients receiving drug on the other end. They essentially force you into overtime. Would not recommended this employer to anyone. One of the most stressful and toxic work environments in my entire career.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything other than pay
There are a few good employees doing the best work they can for their patients there. Employee input is encouraged but if you have a negative critique they do not want to hear it. If you are willing to offer suggestions to improve workflow, safety concerns etc. , management does not care. Dangerous culture in regards to patient safety. Sterility and safety issues abound in the clean room
compounding area as well.
Pros
salary
Cons
everything else
I think the billing supervisor enjoyed firing people on Friday afternoons then pulling staff into break room to tell them they let someone go. Very strange place.
Treatment by management is awful they play favorites and don’t care about your mental health it is a fast pace very stressful environment with zero appreciation from upper management. Your boss will throw you under the bus to save their own skin, they all do it.
Benefits
Cons
Managment
Stressful place to work and it's growing faster than the management knows how to handle. Problems are dealt with after the fact with minimal thought or planning. Employees do not see returns on non-profit's growth.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at New England Life Care. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7