New England Life Care Employee Reviews

job satisfaction
Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHJuly 17, 2018
most of the management team has been replaced since i was there. i really dont know what it is like to work there now. i loved home infusion pharmacy and enjoyed working there
Pros
totally different from retail or hospital pharmacy
Cons
long hours and on call
Great Company
clinical liaison (Current Employee) –  Canton, MAJuly 2, 2018
I have worked at NELC now for a year and don't intend to leave.
The Pharmacists are great and professional, Intake is very talented.
We have a great customer service and our patient's are treated as we would treat our own family.
The job can be stressful but its manageable .
Pros
awesome support
Cons
office is far away
Poor management
Homecare RN (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEApril 11, 2018
Favoritism, gossip, drama, lack of integrity and dishonesty from management causing a very toxic environment. Negative atmosphere from most that worked there. Very little support from those in other departments.
Everything was all about making money and putting the patients and employees last.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
For a company that specializes in IV therapy, they can't even start an IV, use sterile technique when changing PICC dressings or draw labs.
Time for new
Insurance Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  South Portland, MEMarch 3, 2018
Wonderful company time to expand and more forward with new options and be able to have more family and personal life freedom, NELC has been great learning experience
no comment
Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHFebruary 22, 2018
I enjoyed the beginning phase of employment due to the fact that I had not done this kind of work in my pharmacy career. Having been given this challenge I found the work rewarding and fulfilling
Pros
good learning
Cons
non pharmacy management
Great if you like cut throats and stress
Clinical Liaison (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAFebruary 6, 2018
Easy come easy go. You are well respected when you start and well liked. Training is poor. Cut throats from other nurse. Management is horrible. They never have plan B set in place. The stress, the pay is too low. Suppose to get quarterly bonus. Not true
Clinical liaison, IV teaching nurse
Clinical Liaison at BWH and Nurse Clinician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 14, 2018
"Not-for-profit" company invading the home infusion industry one state at a time by convincing hospitals to "join" their "co-op" in return for all the home infusion business.
Company lack good management
Patient Accounts Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEAugust 23, 2017
Company lacks a good training program and fair management. The overall workplace culture is ok, however you have to be willing to work under stressful conditions.
Pros
Competitive salary and benefits
Cons
Unreliable and unfair management
Best Place I have Ever Worked
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAMay 27, 2017
When I came to work there six months ago, the first person to greet me in my orientation was the President of the company! How cool is that! No where else that I have ever worked has that happened. All the senior managers know my name and care about how I am doing. It is so successful and fast paced with opportunities everywhere to grow. Not for lazy folks for sure. I love it and see myself here for a while.
Pros
Exciting, changing healthcare, Ping pong tables, fun people, great benefits
Cons
Hmmm...no good deli local
No Comment
Material Manager (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAApril 12, 2017
There is not a typical day , busy fast pace job and the need for multi-tasking. Learned a lot about home infusion and the importance of it, Company provided quality care for the patients. Loved what NELC's mission and goals are.
dysfunctinal place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAMarch 8, 2017
A typical day at work was helter skelter and unorganized. Expectations were very unreasonable. The turnover rate is extremely high. Saw so many great people come and go. It was the most toxic atmosphere out of all the places I ever worked at.
Pros
coffee
Cons
dysfunctional
stressful supervisors
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHAugust 10, 2016
Worked for New England Life Care for over 5 years and the management was terrible. Not supportive at all. Lots and lots of turnover. Miserable staff. Lots of unhappiness. I wouldn't recommend working there at all!
Pros
coffee
Cons
bad supervision
Wouldnt recommend
Pharmacy Technician/Psr (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAJuly 27, 2016
Training is poor and inconsistent. They sit you in a cubicle without paperwork or Internet access and basically forget you exist until the next day where you'll do it all over again.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Training, management
enjoyed infusion pharmacy
Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHJune 24, 2016
clinical aspect of home infusion pharmacy was excellent. the learning curve was quite steep due to never having worked in this specialized field. the challenge was quite satisfying
Not a good place to work especially if you are over 50
Clinical Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAJune 21, 2016
management micromanages its professionals overall its hard to do your work when someone is watching every move you make
Pros
salary
Cons
management, work environment
Shinning Star Organization
Executive Vice President - Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEFebruary 2, 2016
One of the best places to work

Great example of an organization that came together to overcome external regulatory and competitive challenges. Multi year turn around plan moved the company from struggling for financial survival to predictable prosperity.
Pros
Outstanding employee base
for 7.5 of the 8 years I worked there it was a great experience.The last 4 months I had transferred to the Concord branch and the culture was so diffe
Clinical Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAJuly 27, 2015
Would recommend for a pharmacist looking to get an experience in home infusion.The pay is good to start but the percentage for raises are usually only 1-1.5% per year. Pharamcists work at a fast pace and you really must know how to multi-task. I would day for the most part a good place to work.
Friendly stress free atmosphere, with flexibility and decent rate of pay
Clinical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEJuly 7, 2015
New England Life Care was an exceptional company to work for. A typical day would involve being one of the first employees in the building, greeting my co-workers as they arrived. working with reports to meet deadlines for essential documentation for patient records. Supporting the Nursing Departments clerical needs, working on projects for Nursing, Pharmacy, Materials Management and Dietary dept. Trouble shooting office equipment, ensuring office as well as nursing supplies were kept at an expected level,as well as checking with our other branches to ensure they also had what was needed. I was fortunate enough to work with the IT dept to test new software before rolling it out to the rest of the company. I acted as the company preceptor traveling to our other branches as required for training. My co-workers were exceptional! I absolutely loved working for this company and honestly the hardest part was having to walk away when my position was eliminated. But the CFO made time to do it in person and explain the reason. That made me feel like I was a valued employee. The most enjoyable part of my position was the opportunity to mulit-task on a daily basis as well as the challenge to meet deadlines. I had the oportunity to learn new tasks on a regular basis due to the projects that were given to me.
Pros
Flexibility to prioritze my day, friendly atmosphere, latitude to make decisions, my work schedule
Cons
The 45 min travel each way, ( If you can consider that a con)
IV Drug Phamracy
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAJune 29, 2015
I worked as a pharmacy technician at this company. My co-workers were very nice as well as the management. It was very gratifying speaking with the patients over the phone.
small company culture
Pharmacy Clerkship (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAJune 5, 2014
pharmacy department had less than 10 employees working each day. not very stressful. free coffee.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New England Life Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8