New England Sinai Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Laid back place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MA 02072May 21, 2018
Very nice people, very helpful.. No one is treated like a stranger or a new employee, even the CEO knows your name right away! I believe nurses are very stressed and busy, they complain about being over-worked and under-paid, but I worked in Administration so thankfully I did not feel the same stressors they did.I can only speak of my experiences and they were all great, just wish the salary was a little better.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
salary
no team effort
Cafeteria Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MAApril 18, 2018
Food preparation coming from the kitchen wasn't consistent. There were different cooks cooking the food differently than the others. Customers and most of all staff coming to expect one thing for dinner and getting something that tasted totally different than the other time it was on the menu.
workplace
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MAApril 16, 2018
I had a wonderful experience working at the Sinai. I went from working in the Cafe to working as a Nutritional Supervisor in one year. I enjoyed the fast pace, the people I worked with and those I had met throughout the hospital.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Horrible
Unit secretary (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MAMarch 22, 2018
Management sucks and the workload is very very stressful. You will learn a lot but the Hospital is horrible, it should have been called a nursing home.
Caring and effective care. Changing landscape and job descriptions
Inpatient Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MAJanuary 6, 2018
The day would include psychosocial assessment and treatment planning, responsible for all the patients on a 28 bed satellite unit where the average stay was 21 days. Designed and lead family team meetings for admission and discharge planning, which were known to improve communication and customer satisfaction. The interdisciplinary team met every week to review all patient treatment plans. This was a very cohesive and effective group with good team who worked well together and with good team spirit.
Pros
Very positive work environment
Cons
Expensive health care
Stressful and huge lack of support from management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dorchester, MADecember 5, 2017
I personally would not recommended anyone to work at this facility. You get overworked and shown no appreciation for your efforts. Work should be pleasant not constantly stressful and have so much divide among staff.
Nothing much to say, the magment is bad,
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stoughton, MANovember 2, 2017
The place is not organized,too much work even at night shift .And they pay you 15 dollars with the differentiate.People who works there ,are there for ages and dont like to change a thing and get mad if u try to change them.
Pros
near my house
Cons
Very Low pay
Per Diem Staff
Staff Pharmacist (Per Diem) (Current Employee) –  Stoughton, MANovember 1, 2017
Knowledgeable pharmacists eager to provide the best care possible to all patients. Evolving clinical programs providing direct patient care for the staff pharmacists.
Pros
Schedule and staff
Cons
Company always in transition
Great people, stressful environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Stoughton, MAOctober 23, 2017
Love the people who work there, but the pay and lack of advancement do not make it a great place to make a long term career. Great place for new nurses to get experience.
caring and frendly placed to work.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) (Current Employee) –  Stoughton, MASeptember 9, 2017
Caring for 12-14 patients on mechanical ventilators, COPD ,Asthma , vent dependent patient. the hardest part of the job is itf I am not able to wean the patient, and sometimes do a terminal wean. The most enjoyable part of the job , when the patient come in unresponsive and later able to wean off the vent completely and also able to be decannulated.
Good workplace with excellent manager
Asst to VP, Quality Mgmt & Decision Support Svcs (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MAJune 24, 2017
I was hired at NE Sinai Hospital with no medical work experience. They took a chance on me and it paid off for both me and them. It was a good workplace, with nice co-workers and good benefits. The pay rate was on the low end, but it was more than made up by the good benefits at reasonable premiums, generous vacation time, generous pension benefits, and even a staff discount in the hospital's cafeteria.

My manager even recommended that I apply for a higher level, management position at a local healthcare organization where she was on the Board of Trustees.

I could not have asked for a better manager. She was a mentor to me and still is my mentor. She taught me everything that I know about Quality Improvement and Corporate Compliance.
Pros
Discount on food purchases in the Hospital Cafeteria
Cons
Low end wages
Very culturally diverse place of employment.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA 02124June 2, 2017
Place to start a great learning experience, can be fun at times however, it can also be very hectic and demanding. Overall, it's a good place to work!
Pros
A great place to gain experience. Many different patient cases, open door policy.
Cons
Not enough support or empowerment for nurses
Managment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stoughton, MAApril 17, 2017
Not enough staffing. Was great until steward took over. Mangement isnt all that great either. never taking complaints serious enough and it is a shame because it takes a tole on our patients
Fun place to work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MAMarch 20, 2017
While the job was under different ownership, it was one of the greatest places to work at.
Everyone was extremely friendly and willing to to work together to get out the door on time
Love the patients and the people I work with.
Professional (Current Employee) –  Stoughton, MAOctober 10, 2016
The company culture has changed over time and not for the better, unfortunately. Compensation is not equitable. I love the patients and the people I work with, and I will be sad to leave.
Good place to get Experience if you plan on going to nursing school
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stoughton, MASeptember 29, 2016
It's a fast paste environment working at that hospital. the minute you get there first thing we do is get report on out patents and then after give care to them. Its a busy place you learn a lot dealing with Trachestomy patents and working with nurses and Doctor. We work as team. Always helping each other out. The nurses are great. Wonderful Environment.Hardest part of the job is when we work short but like i said we work as a team and get things done.
productive
RESPIRATORY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MAJune 10, 2016
productive and worthwhile to do my part as a worker there. they had a lot of equipment to work with and the workers were every informative.
Pros
informative workers
Cons
no breaks
I enjoyed the patients
Kitchen Aide (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MAMarch 30, 2016
Working at this hospital was a pleasure and I worked there for years. I felt the work and staff were very professional and the staff felt like family.
Pros
Very supportive staff
Cons
Management at the time was very critical
Busy, fun, and challenging workplace.
Respiratory Therapist III (Former Employee) –  Stoughton MAJanuary 19, 2016
A typical night at work consisted of continuing weaning protocols on ventilator patients. Intensive patient assessment. Co-workers were helpful, informative, and receptive to both learning and teaching.
It was a good place to work
NURSING ASSISTANT III (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MANovember 14, 2015
I had a great time work there, good team, good staff, the pay was ok. if it was not for my schooling i would still be working there. they had the best benefit out of all my working place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New England Sinai Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

New England Sinai Hospital Reviews by Location