New Hanover Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great Organization!
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 18, 2019
I’m very happy here. And it is a wonderful organization. The benefits are awesome and there is room to move around to the next level if you are ambitious.
New Hanover Regional Medical Center
INVENTORY CONTROL ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 2, 2019
Great place to work, Pay is not great though, Benefits are amazing. Busy environment. Operating Room staff are amazing. Honestly just horrible pay altogether.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
Horrible Management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 1, 2019
When I started, I was very excited to work there. I was in school for nursing and planning to move on to get my NP. I enjoyed my job and the challenge of learning something new. I quickly saw (especially on night shift) on my floor the little “high school cliques.” Also, I don’t think that anyone should be be able to manage a medical floor that doesn’t have a medical background, and only a MBA.
great employer
Clinical Operations Analyst/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 30, 2019
The people are wonderful but the pay is low and then they do not tend to promote from within. I would love to stay and work under the direction of the CEO but I am at a position where I need to grow professionally and I am unable to promote. My evaluations and job performance are all stellar and I am a high performer and am well liked. I believe the culture of the organization is transitioning towards searching for the innovation that new talent and employees may bring.
Friendly and fun place to work.
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 19, 2019
Awesome group of people all willing to work together for the sake of the patient and the hospital. Smaller facilities seem to be more close knit and caring than larger facilities.
Great Hospital but Poor Management
Credentialing/Medical Staff Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 17, 2019
Had a great working environment until management change. New department manager had poor communication, showed major favoritism, provided a hostile environment between peers, lack of staff support, unethical trait, and confidentiality issues.
Opportunities elsewhere should be considered.
CST (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 16, 2019
Wages are low. Benefits good. Good luck getting vacation time when you want during holiday times. Some staff members are overly dramatic on a middle school bullying level. Others have been there so long they refuse to accept new staff and are NOT accepting of new employees. Don’t expect to work here and be part of a team that functions on an adult level at all times. Some staff are fantastic to work with, others treat newcomers like they’re incapable of getting the job done. The surgeons are ok, very accepting of new talent... other staff, not so much. As a new employee expect to have 60% of your coworkers treat you badly.
Pros
Guaranteed breaks/lunches
Cons
Staff creates drama like it’s a middle school girls club.
A great place to work as long as it not in the Distribution / Materials Management.
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 14, 2019
Distribution Department, showed too much favoritism, policy was altered according to rathered they liked you or not its not what you know its who you know.They did not appreciate the dedicated reliable employees,whenever you spoke up or voiced you opinion, they the distribution / materials manangement department retaliated against you overlooked the employees who was their for many years for promotions to new and young employees who was immature and in-experienced managment was un-professional and un-caring toward the older employees.Work enviorment was hostile and stressful
Pros
Benefits, employees throughout the Hospital wad friendly
Cons
Distribution Department, Managment was en-experienced unprofessional No respect for older workers.
Every day was a exciting day, never a dull moment!
Criminal Justice Externship (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 9, 2019
I was oblivious to hospital police, they have to management and keep the hospital running smooth every day. Every day seemed like a new and different adventure, you never know what you going to have to deal with.
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
a lot of walking
Excellent place to work
Inpatient Coordinator/House Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 28, 2019
Excellent place to work. Team work is highly regarded in this work environment. It is a great place to start and work your way up. I have been there on and off since 1991 and would recommend it as a place to work for any nurse just starting or anyone coming into the area.
Productive and fun place to work
Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 28, 2019
Great place to work and train. Very involved with the community. Very productive and fun place to work. Always training which is a plus. Loyal to emp
Pros
Very involved with the community
Cons
Not much room for growth
Top-Heavy Company, Admins out-of-touch with front lines
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  FloorMay 24, 2019
When you’re doing your job, it’s great. However, every year they find more ways for nurses to complete more tasks while being chronically understaffed. Nurse to patient ratios are unsafe. Better working conditions and better pay may cause some to be more fulfilled but because there is no other hospital for 50+ miles, they know they can do whatever they want and pay as little as possible.
Pros
Nurse Manager I work for is amazing
Cons
Staffing always a problem, Not nearly enough pay, Have to work OT and/or contract and bonus shifts to make enough to live in the area, No competition, Supervision on floor staff about rate of discharges, Always at surge capacity, I could go on...
Well structured organization.
Microbiology Medical Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 19, 2019
NHRMC is a standard setter in the community. It provides stable employment with great benefits. There is no ambiguity in the expectations of their employees.
Horrible Compensation
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 14, 2019
Horrible compensation for the surrounding area, they have a monopoly in town and use it to their advantage. I enjoy my job that I was trained to do but staffing is constantly a problem and requesting off is extremely difficult.
Pros
Gym
Cons
Underpaid, overworked
Personal Trainer
Certified Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 12, 2019
Great place to work. Very Organized. Great culture and team. Will help you grow and exceed so your successful. Best corporate wellness facility and pricing by far.
Pros
Great pay and friendly
Nhrmc
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 18, 2019
Overall I am happy working here at NHRMC. Benefits are great, pay is competitive compared to other agencies. The working relationship with nurses is awful.
Pros
Great benefits, opportunity for over time, shift differential
Cons
Short staffed, Bad relationships between nurses/medics
Nhrmc
Pharmacy Technician III (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 18, 2019
Each area is understaffed and over worked. Management does not do anything with suggestions to help promote team work and work flow. As a large group you must take small steps to reach the higher steps. Start with small changes instead of jumping in with both feet.
Pros
Quiet
Cons
Feeling like you are not heard.
Administrator
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 16, 2019
I don't have a review to provide at this time while still working.
Company has grown a lot and has wide range of service offerings to patients in the community
The cafe was awesome, n u could take a break whenever
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 14, 2019
Management was bad n they had there favorites and it showed. And they didn’t want to give you time off and now they are trying to track the employees with the new tracks they have.
Pros
Lunches, NO respect from management, n everyone below that department thinks it’s ok to talk down to us.
Cons
Healthcare, discounts
Fast Paced professional atmosphere
CNA II (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 9, 2019
Success and happiness here are very much determined by the unit you are placed on and the management that you have. Fast paced hard work but can also be very fun and rewarding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Hanover Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

New Hanover Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location