New Heights Academy Charter School Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Poor management
Employee (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 20, 2018
When I started at NHACS, I thought it was a great place to work. Then school leadership changed and it became a dictatorship. I didn’t want to go to work and it was a constant struggle between leadership and doing what was right. The principal was unqualified for the position and he was allowed to do whatever he wanted. He made the school culture into something you didn’t want to be apart of. Students and staff were unhappy.
Pros
The students were great!
Cons
Leadership was not qualified for their positions.
Fake
Recess monitor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 12, 2017
Staff is under qualified and they're unorganized. There aren't any amenities to support the idea of them trying to be a school. The pay rate is low. Its just not an ideal place to work or to send your children for their education.
Fun, easy
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2017
This was my old High School. They provided me with a volunteering position every time we had an event. Most of the time I was the team leader. It was a lot of fun but as a kid it was very stressful.
Dedicated & Intelligent Staff; Challenging work environment
Teacher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 30, 2013
It was a wonderful experience to be able to work with talented and intelligent teachers who would do anything for their students to achieve academic success. The hardest part of my job was I had too many 'bosses' that it confused me who to listen and follow sometimes. What I liked best working at NHACS was the relationship I had with my all my students and seeing them succeed academically. It was a wonderful feeling to see my students during card day running down the hall screaming at you, "I passed and I got an A--thanks to you!" I miss this a lot.
Pros
Extensive professional development, Good management at the Operations Department they are very accommodating and helpful, Supportive Grade Team Leaders
Cons
short break, too data driven, inconsistent discipline policies, some condescending ILT leaders.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Heights Academy Charter School. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4