New Horizon Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
great management
Technician (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 18, 2018
Great organization and team atmosphere. Enjoy working with my co-workers. The manager reported the employees and the clients. I would highly recommend this to a friend.
Productive but fast paced
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORMay 23, 2018
The hardest part of this job is getting attached to clients who you work with on a daily or weekly bases. Another part is that families let you in to their family and leaving at the end of a shift is always tough.
Pros
Choose your own schedule
Cons
Short breaks
casual
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYMay 2, 2018
the level of difficulty depended on the house you worked in. That includes the clients to the staff to the managers. My typical day at work was a fairly easy day. Overnight workers are paid more.
Love my staff, great group of therapists
Director of Rehabilitation (Current Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAApril 29, 2018
I have worked in this facility for 12 years, with 3 different owners. I love the building, residents and staff. Management could be better. My typical day was 8 hours in the facility with 50% of my day treating patients and the rest in meetings, PPS coordination with the RNAC and overseeing the rehab department.
relaxed atmosphere
Math Teacher (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLApril 25, 2018
All students were in a safe and friendly environment to excel in class. faculty and staff gave their all to assist all students..........................
It was a good work place
Asbestos Worker/ demolition (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 13, 2018
It was a good work environment and experience. I actually learned a lot from working there. I'm not a stranger to hard work so I actually took it on as a sport instead of a job.
The company is for themselves
Unarmed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 22, 2018
They don't take out state tax if you live outside of Virginia. There communication on site is very unprofessional the Captain does not communicate with the staff.The rules/orders are not expected of everyone in the company there is favoritism.
Pros
it's a job/other officers
Cons
almost everything
Fast Pace
Care Coordinator under Adult Home (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYFebruary 28, 2018
I worked with a population that had SMI and wanted to move into the community. I enjoyed working with the population. I enjoyed the look on there faces once they were able to move into the community.
Provided medical insurance
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAFebruary 15, 2018
Being able to help people find beautiful and affordable housing was extremely rewarding.
Working for a tax credit company is very very time consuming in the way of paperwork.
Pros
Helping families find a safe & beautiful home.
Cons
Paperwork
what I learned
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 10, 2018
I learned how to care for the disable( completely) and be patient while work with employees because the work itself is stressful. I learned disable people have emotions.
Pros
discounts
Cons
always short staffed
relaing fun
med tech (Former Employee) –  Garfield, KSJanuary 1, 2018
The job was relaxing and challenging working with mental and challemge patient i pass med and cook for the patient i also did light house keeing. challenging.
Pros
regualar normal breaks
Cons
not many schedule days off only two a week
Just started working here
Recovery Support Tech (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLDecember 2, 2017
I Just started working here, so there is nothing I can really say about working here. All I can do is hope for the best and gain the skills that I need
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Productive work place
Computer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 29, 2017
Wonderful working environment. This is an Amazing place to work. The Management is very supportive. The give you great training and continuing education. This is a great company to work for!
Job was part-time
Intensive In Home Team Lead (IIH (Former Employee) –  Wadesboro N.C.November 8, 2017
This was a part time job however the work was not an issue for me it was not being able to trust the owner of the company. I enjoy doing intensive In Homes services but again it was poorly managed.
Pros
Hours were flexible
Cons
Poor Management
Lead Teacher
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNNovember 5, 2017
Working at New Horizon is a good place to work if you love working with children of all ages. Many teachers build relationships with each other and help each other through out the day. The teachers also help each other to make a better environment for the children. Many days are spent on your feet walking around the classroom or outside or kneeling next to the children.
Pros
Working with children and families
Cons
Low pay, no vacation time
long days
Highland Park (Former Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MNNovember 3, 2017
This company needs more early educators and for employees to take their job seriously. Management needs more structure, routine and organization. Typical day was unpredictable in routine.
Pros
working with children
Cons
management, hours, pay
Hectic
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 17, 2017
It was beyond fast paced and the management was ungrateful and definitely didn't value they're employees ... I felt the company as a whole was headed for disaster
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Staff Shortage
great place
Computer Specialist/System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 5, 2017
I like the treatment of employee with respect. promote diversity and career advancement. provide quality training and services. Ideal place learn and grow,
Sandblasting
Laborer / Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 3, 2017
We did a lot of sandblasting on pipes all the time on pipes and we're old heavy pipe and some pieces of equipment we had the sand blast to make sure it was good enough for the paint that go on just like the pipes at the end of the bites overall it was a good job I like that job but it didn't have good benefits it just wasn't too good
Pros
Pros we had a lot of breaks
Cons
everything was good
great place to start out with if u enjoy kids
Teachers Aide (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 21, 2017
overall i can say i enjoyed my time at new horizon i met alot of wonderful people and children but the management was really bad i spent lots of time there 8 hours sometimes more a day 5 days a week and i did not feel the appreciation
Pros
loved working with the kids
Cons
bad management unoranized stressful work enviorment