New Horizons Computer Learning Centers Employee Reviews

Dishonest ownership
Lead Technical Instructor & Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 10, 2018
While I enjoyed the work that I did at NHCLC I was constantly stressed about my job and whether or not I would stay employed from week to week. The owner used a strange type of management style. He would treat you poorly and pay you even less and then expect you to shine and strive to be the best that you could be.
I would never work for that person ever again.
Pros
I enjoyed teaching
Cons
Everything else at NHCLC
Great company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 5, 2018
New Horizons provided computer training for the masses at a time when YouTube did not exist. We worked on a sales strategy to engage corporations and provide them with On-Location training and Consulting.
Great Company
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 2, 2018
They care about their clients and employees. They support you in your position. They are accommodating to a flexible schedule with child care and personal family concerns.
no team work
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 19, 2018
micro managed - first supervisor was great - then promoted from within and job was not fun any longer.team work not good. As site mgr I handled all customers.
fast paced learning environment
Student (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 9, 2018
currently attending new horizons computer learning center as a student in the advanced practitioners course. have already obtained my security Plus certification
Enjoyed working for New Horizons
Career Advisor (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHJune 5, 2018
I loved how this company allowed you to run your business. I had the flexibility to manage my day as long as I was producing results. My team was in other city's and states somehow we all felt close to each other and was always a phone call or email away for support.
Challenging but rewarding place to work.
Marketing/Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 3, 2018
Challenging but rewarding place to work. The company prides its self on work ethic, integrity, quality and customer service. I would recommend working here to anyone.
Interesting place to work
Computer Applications Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 15, 2018
Very nice place for companies to send their people to learn new computer skills. Good place to work for. Staff was great. The hardest part of the job was maintaining the required pace while not "loosing" members of the class.
Pros
Great place to teach.
Cons
Sometimes had tough to reach standards.
Education not employment
Certified Help Desk Professional (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNMay 3, 2018
This was a training center not an employment situation so not sure why I am being asked to evaluate it. I did glean much information from every class I attended and was trained for.
Pros
good education
Cons
long drive to the facility
Sales
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 23, 2018
A good salesperson who is familiar with Technology would be great for this position. This is a competitive work environment therefore a strong but patient personality is needed to win over clients in a timely fashion and close deals.
sales driven
Instructor/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 18, 2018
no EE development opportunities, focus in on closing and collecting on sales - not delivery. A 'training' company that doesn't train it's own full time personnel
I was a student at this center.
Student - Security IT Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 7, 2018
The comments are my opinion based on observation of employees there. They seemed happy and did not work very hard. Good work/life balance.

I was there for classes on time, and the classes where always held on time and in accordance with the schedule.

I really enjoyed my time there.
Pros
They had specific shifts
Be your own boss
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 3, 2018
This job does provide you an opportunity to develop your own clients and customer base. It is a high stress job but very rewarding if you like a very tense, competitive atmosphere.
Very compatitive and esablishing enterprise clients
Sr. Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMarch 30, 2018
Game plan to set short term goals for the day by prospecting new clients. Learned something new about the IT industry and company's IT topology. A great place to work with other and ongoing training.
The hardest part of the job was the company began loosing demand for its services. The most enjoyable part of the job closing enterprise accounts.
Pros
Free lunches and play putt putt golf and poole table
Cons
Did not know how to adapt to changing trends
student
student (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXMarch 26, 2018
great working environment for learning and collaboration while gaining the necessary network Administration professional skill. Professors were help
not enough support
TECHNOLOGY STUDENT, FULL-TIME (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 20, 2018
At the time I was a student, classes were 5 days long, held via the web. the subject matter in all four classes I took consisted of 600 page text books. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO LEARN A FRACTION OF WHAT YOU NEED TO LEARN OF 600 PAGES IN 5 DAYS. The model failed and there was no further support beyond the classes. your choice was to self-learn the material or quit.
The first 2 years were wonderful, great team effort
Accounts Manager/HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 26, 2018
My direct manager left and the company suffered because of it. The new management was ineffective and it became unbearable to work there. I did my best but the stress and lack of professionalism drove me to find another job
Pros
The employees
Cons
New management ruined it
I worked there while I was in school.
IT Specialist - Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 24, 2018
Hew Horizons was a great place. I learned so much being there. I would recommend this Learning Center to anyone that would want to learn more about IT.
Pros
They teach great classes and work with you when you need it.
Cons
Classes are really fast.
Ownership-focused
Strategic Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 14, 2018
Whatever is good for the owners and upper management is all that matters. Sales success is based on "Effort Points", not actual sales. Minimum of 165 effort points per day, otherwise, your job is at risk, or even eliminated.
Cons
Sales are completely numbers-based and no interest in relationship building to create a lasting, loyal customer base.
Good place to work and earn.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLFebruary 8, 2018
Thorough product training. Opportunity to develop sales strategies and presentations that were unique for each client. Considerable amount of continuing business.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.3

2.1Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight