New Horizons Computer Learning Centers

New Horizons Computer Learning Centers Employee Reviews for Instructor

Instructor29 reviews

instructorcomputerclasssalestudentcertificationtraininglearning

Learning Experience

I gained a lot of training experience while instructing at multiple companies. The draw back was it required more travel than I wanted and this could include toting computer equipment. Also setting up the computers.

What is the best part of working at the company?It is positive. People are helpful and willing to share information. They want to see you succeed. Management is interested in investing in their employee's paths. Growing is encouraged.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?You have to be flexible and patient. We train people on technology and many of them have no experience. The schedule can vary based on client needs.

New Horizons Computer Learning Centers insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Nice environment to learn

Great colleagues and access to learning materials. But management can do better in terms of remuneration, staff welfare and collaborative working environment.

they have good capacity building programs

They are one of biggest if not the biggest ICT company in Nigeria. They offer a lot of course in Ict; CCNA, CCNP, ITIL, A+, N+, Project management, Android ...

Fun workplace

A great training ground for one starting a career. Fun workplace as others are eager to see you succeed. If pay was higher it would be an ideal place to remain for many years.

Pros

Learning, People

Cons

Compensation

Producive

many Technical skills I have learnt there, UNIX/ Linux System Administration. enlarge my Communication and my presentation skills. Self- starter the hardest part there was the very hard load of work

sales driven

no EE development opportunities, focus in on closing and collecting on sales - not delivery. A 'training' company that doesn't train it's own full time personnel

Excellent Work environment

Fast paced, but with ample resources to assist in your development and issues. A highly structured operation, yet with good channels for communications.

excellent company

my task as an Adobe Instructor was enjoyable. The government students we engaging and it was enjoyable to see how they put my training into real-world application.

Pros

good work environment

good place

instructing and teaching by it self is excellent but the environment and the pay was not that good most of your working hours will be afternoon and on week ends , which may cause problems for your family

Not for persons with families

10 hour days and inconvenient shifts that were not made for a person with family members or children. as for management, there are too many chiefs and rules always changed day to day.

Pros

na

Cons

na

Excellent Company and People

This is a wonderful company to work for. The people that work there make it feel as though you are part of a family more than a place of work. They encourage the "life long learning" point of view, and they assist you with setting and keeping goals. The hardest part of the job is the last minute scheduling of classes, which can be rough sometimes, but doable. The best part is knowing you have a team of individuals that have your back, and we all work together to become a better company.

Pros

Family environment

Cons

Some hectic scheduling at times, but rare, and always workable.

I was a teacher there, had a lot of great students. Worked hard. I was allowed to work from home at times. Monday through Friday. Great way to live and work.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

This was a short term assignment.

I was scheduled to instruct Microsoft applications to a class of adults that had been sent by their employers. These classes were informative to the students and I met some pleasant individuals along the way.

Business Applications Instructor at New Horizons Computer Learning

I adored working for this company. They became Benchmark Learning but the same great people were there. I learned SO much studying for upcoming classes. I found the other instructors to be incredibly intelligent and more than willing to help a new instructor out.

Pros

Prizes for good work, great co-workers, wonderful venue.

They used me as a filler!

I really enjoyed the Job itself but, I feel as if management was supportive and simply used me as a filler for their busy months.

Pros

Enjoyed the locations that worked in

Cons

Zero support and guidance from management

Slavery Times are Back

A typical day as a New Horizons instructor involves high amounts of stress. The technology constantly fails, forcing instructors to constantly having to interrupt class to deal with technology issues. The course-ware used in most classes is very basic/average. No real challenges for the students. In most cases, the amount of content is way too much for the amount of time allotted for the classes. A lot of students are misplaced; taking classes that they are not ready to enroll in; another time wasting aspect for instructors and a lot of students. Communication is the main problem in this company. They try to keep us from talking to each other. Management is very unprofessional. Constant harassment and threats. Work conditions are very poor. Instructors sit in closets without windows. No breaks. Instructors get a 15 minute break in the morning, and another in the afternoon. Wearing diapers is your best bet. No appreciation what so ever. They make it virtually impossible for instructors to get a bonus. They make you responsible for everyone else's wrong doings. At the end of the day, instructors are evaluated based on environment, sales, business results, return on investment, etc. Things completely out of the instructor's control. They have managers sitting reading books and watching TV all day. They get bonuses, raises, and promotions. Instructors get treated like garbage.

Pros

Cons

No breaks, no bonuses, no raises, no appreciation, get treated like a slave

Lack of regard for employees

I worked for this company for almost 16 years. It was a great place to work in the beginning. The last few years started to see a major decline in how the company was run and how it treats its employees. Most personnel have not received any sort of pay increases - cost of living or otherwise - in over 6 years. There is little room for advancement. Over the past couple of years, they started asking personnel to travel more and more for the job, but not compensating for the travel, not offering any per diem advances to be able to travel and then not reimbursing for all the expenses incurred from travel expenses. Then, would take a month or longer to actually get reimbursed for the expenses.

Pros

free computer training

Cons

poor pay and opportunity for pay advances.

Largest Professional IT training Institute

Very good company for building up a good career. It is like my family. I have started to work as an Application Instructor. I have worked hard and developed myself. Now I am a Technical Instructor. Although there is a bit corporate politics but my colleagues are very friendly and helpful.

you will be the first who will know new technolgy

good place to learn and upgrade your IT knowledge , sharpen your skills and you will be always up to date , gives good salaries and benefits , always keep encourage you

Fun Job

I worked there as an Applications Instructor for a year when I got laid-off the first time. They kept me on as a contract instructor and a couple months later they were able to hire me back. A year later, I was laid-off again. Just like before, they kept me on as a contract instructor but when they asked me to come back they weren't going to give me my original rate or seniority.

Pros

It was fun teaching people

Cons

a lot of travel, few breaks, driving all over with thousands of dollars of computer equipment my car wasn't insured for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.4
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
2.8Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Career recommendations for Instructor

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more

Studying at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers

Find out what it's like to study here.Read all reviews