New Horizons Credit Union Employee Reviews

Love this place!
Admin (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 13, 2019
Great company to work for. Great atmosphere and great management. Benefits are amazing! Members are awesome. Love the people I work with. Plan to stay at NHCU as long as possible.
Pros
Benefits/pay
"Benefits don't feed my family"
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 15, 2019
This was the complaint that was among most of the current and former employees. The sad part was that management just turned a deaf ear to it. Great benefits but wage was terrible! Managements is not there for the employees, management is there to make sure that sales went up!
Great place to work!
Teller (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 4, 2019
Love New Horizons! Great atmosphere! Great benefits! Great people! Great products! Many locations that are beneficial to many people. CEO is great! Making a lot of changes that are for the best!
Great Place to Work
Chief Operations Officer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 3, 2019
Everyone here is friendly and everyone is family. The work can be challenging the but management is willing to help.

There needs to be a clear concise message from management to the staff and communication can be lacking. This is the hardest part of job.
Great Place to Work and Grow.
President/Chief Executive Officer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 1, 2019
Running New Horizons Credit Union was a joy everyday. The job was so rewarding I always felt I got more from the job then my 60-65 hours a week working gave back. See and getting to know all of the members lives we touched and changed for the better made everyday, every hour worth it and more.

My staff was the best in the industry and the bonds we formed will last me a lifetime. I learned as much from this job as I taught to our staff or members. I continue to be amazed at the joy I receive from just showing up.
Pros
The relationships with staff and members
Cons
Regulations and Examiners.
It was okay
Floater Teller (Former Employee) –  Daphne, ALAugust 29, 2018
I got my credit union experience and met some great people but that was all I took with me. I appreciated the skills I was able to obtain and keep learning at an everyday pace.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
Short breaks and management was not good
Relaxed overall
Floating Teller (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALJuly 22, 2018
A typical day at the credit union is very fun and interactive with customers to make sure you are doing all you can to make their experience a possitive one.
Good Experience
Teller (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 21, 2018
I learned a lot in banking with NHCU. Unfortunately I quickly learned that they did not value their employees much. They offered minimal raises even for people who had been with the company 4+ years.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
no growth potential
Terrible Place to Work
Teller/Member Servicest (Former Employee) –  Theodore, AL 36582February 27, 2018
Horrible place to work. The pay is extremely low and they use the excuse is because how great the benefit last are. Yes the benefits are great but the pay was so low as a teller and it is extremely difficult to advance with the company unless you’re friends with the people at corporate. Raises are very poor as well; less than 5 cents.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else like management, compensation, etc.
bank setting
Teller (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 17, 2017
It is a good company to work for, but at the time when employed the pay wasn't great. I hear now that all has changed and the pay is different now and the benefits are still free.
Fast pace workplace
Teller (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 7, 2017
New Horizons Credit Union, just like any job isn't perfect. However, it has been a wonderful opportunity to enter into the financial world. NHCU is based out of Mobile, AL and still has a lot of progressing to do, and I believe that will come over time.
My first job
Teller (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 6, 2014
Being a teller was my first job and I really enjoyed it. There were a few hiccups at first, that when brought to management's attention, things got better and there were no problems at work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Horizons Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

New Horizons Credit Union Reviews by Location