New Horizons of the Treasure Coast, Inc. Employee Reviews

Do not work for this company!!!!!!
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Treasure CoastFebruary 21, 2019
This is a great starter job for someone fresh out of college trying to get into the medical field as a therapist or support staff.
The patients (or as they say "the client")are whom I'll be missing the most. Management does NOT LISTEN. The pay is EXTREMELY LOW even if you have years of experience.
** YOU WILL BE OVER WORKED AND NOT COMPENSATED**
Management has their favorites. The staff all talk about each other then smile in each others faces. RUN FROM THIS PLACE AND NEVER LOOK BACK!
Cons
Productive when you have the right staff on duty
Human Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJanuary 4, 2019
Its a pretty good place to work for some days. The company doesn't pay well so, the new hires leave once they find out how much they will be making/paying.
Pros
Indoor job
Cons
Poor management/RN/LPN in some of the units.
work place is a 5 out of 10
Counselor Asssistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLDecember 12, 2018
They overwork the people and mandate from other units when people call out. They do not give raises and the pay is low. I loved my job and what i did however pay was an issue
A Great Cooperative Enterprise
Service Engagement Community Transition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLSeptember 12, 2018
New Horizons is an awesome place to work with many different job positions available for all people of education levels. The company is actually continuing to grow and will provide a challenge intellectually with an opportunity for career growth.
Pros
Various career positions
Cons
Pay may not be the best
Horrible place to work
Tech (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLSeptember 2, 2018
You are not safe at new horizons, always short with techs especially at night, clients are admitted at night crazy,violent,and out of there mind and staff is short. You have screeners that accept clients that should not be accepted because of medical problems and the facility does not have the proper equipment to care for these sick clients, bad communication amongst the unit when shift is change you basically have to learn the client your safe and keep yourself safe
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Lowest paid facility in the tri county area
Don't work here
Rn (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJune 28, 2018
Horrible place to work you have no support system and don't feel appreciated so it is difficult to stay positive my recommendation is not to work here
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Lack of support from the management
good for an entry level person seeking varied exposure to a range of mental health scenarios
outpatient counselor and substance abuse counselor (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLMay 8, 2018
This is a workplace where you will not feel that your efforts are appreciated. People are kept on their payroll because they are breathing despite their mediocrity and lack of skills to do what their job description calls for them to be able to complete.
Pros
As a newbie in the field, the exposure is extensive.
Cons
Lots of expectations and lack of appreciation for efforts expended
New horizons is a politically toxic environment driven by the senior management team. They keep unqualified managers and get rid of the best.
Peer specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLApril 28, 2018
New horizons may be the largest community behavioral healthcare provider on the treasure coast but the services they provide are subpar. The C-level management team are woefully unqualified and don’t care about the quality of client care or the way they treat employees. They claim to follow evidence-based treatment protocols but they only give lip service to programs like SAMHSA. Trauma informed care programs. Clients are not respected by many of the staff and the staff that do care are overworked or ousted. I would not recommended new horizons to a client or as a reputable employer.
Pros
Clean facility
Cons
Failure to follow basic standards of care for clients and lack of respect for employees
I work 8 hours and kept busy most of the time
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 27, 2018
I enjoy working as a nurse/counselor and watching my patients get healed. I also enjoy educating my patients about drug and alcohol addiction, physical and mental wellness. My co-workers are team workers and we give our best medical and psychiatric knowledge and skills to our patients. Our supervisors are also team workers. Not having enough time to spend with each of our patients is the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Short Breaks and sometimes no breaks
This work place culture is terrible
Substance Abuse Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLDecember 11, 2017
I have used this job to get my foot in the door when I moved to Florida. The hours were preferable to me. The management has poor skills and pit employee against employee and unit agains unitas a management style. I have worked in the field of social work for 25 years and have never seen this kind of underhanded approach to what should be a virtuous endeavor. In the guise of recovery this program uses recidisism to continue to operate with little focus on recovery. For example unlicenced, unqualified and inexperienced people teach recovery. I cannot use my manager as a reference . because she gives a bad review to keep good employee.
Pros
The hours fit my personal needs
Cons
Underhanded operation, understaffed and poor pay
No employee Appreciation
Recovery Screening Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLOctober 24, 2017
Low pay, no raises are given only a bonus after 5ys, which I believe is maybe 1-200. No employee appreciation.

Benefits are for employee are good but very expensive for family.
Very good expierence working at New Horizons
In Jail Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLSeptember 21, 2017
The work environment at New Horizons was very good, The Jail program in jail was a good experience. The managers were understanding , and they pushed you to exceed.
Pros
Caring Administrators
Cons
Low pay
Not a very enjoyable work experience
RECOVERY SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLAugust 10, 2017
Not very many employees like their job at New Horizons. Employees are not compensated fairly, and we are given very little resources to do our jobs appropriately.
Not a good place to work
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLMay 10, 2017
Techs make 9.00$ hourly, Management is unprofessional. Rules are discretionary based on the person. Techs are treated as residents and nurses are treated like techs.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Everything else
The clients are fun
Psychosocial Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLFebruary 3, 2017
Micromanaging at its finest. Different rules for different people. Lack of communication. Unsupportive environment.
Pros
clients
Cons
management