New Jersey City University Employee Reviews

Fun and educational workplace
Lab Manager (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 19, 2018
Working in the lab makes me feel happy. Everyday I train students and perform cool experiments. After working here over a year, I have learned many techniques and have dealt with high scientific equipment. The workplace is always nice because we effectively communicate with everyone. The most enjoyable part of the job is that we maintain good work ethic and good teamwork.
Great work enviornment
Supplemental Instructor Leader (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 13, 2018
My manager was always available for questions if we weren't sure about a certain task. Everyone was friendly and was able to work as a team on certain tasks. The hardest part of the job was trying to get everything done on time. The most enjoyable part was being able to meet new people who were a joy to be around.
Excellent Opportunity
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 7, 2018
Excellent opportunity to enhance potential from an adjunct position to a full-time position as a college professor while creating an experience background with teaching technologies.
Pros
Close to Home
Cons
Adjunct position - Seeking a tenured track position
intership
Cancer & Stem Cell Research Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 16, 2018
While interning at NJCU I practiced and sharpened my skills in the following:
Basic computer skills
Analyzed data
Troubleshoot problems
Promoted critical thinking
An enjoyable experience that will be missed
University Service Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 27, 2018
Working at NJCU has helped me learn a lot about the different people that I had to interact with within the office. Creating documents for students was a task, but hard work does pay off. It was like working with family and I appreciate what the company has done for me and what I am about to accomplish in the upcoming future.
n/a
Special Program Voice Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 21, 2018
I would love to discuss a typical day at work, what I learned, management, workplace culture, the hardest part of the job, and the most enjoyable part of the job in person. Thank you.
It's a great working environment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 20, 2018
Its a great working environment
it gave me an opportunity to learn more and communicate effectively
The management style is collaborative and efficient
Summer intern as Researcher
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 14, 2018
This is pending which professor you get as a mentor and what you have to work on. The project I had was great and easy for me to understand so me and my mentor got along well. We worked well together and achieved great work.
Lots of autonomy regarding teaching experience & collaborative!
Professor of Fitness, Exercise and Sports (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 9, 2018
Despite working only part time, NJCU is always offering a variety of roles in which both full time and part time faculty can become more involved with the functions of the university. As Professor of Fitness, Exercise and Sports, I have had the chance to promote my fitness courses through Open Day, Multicultural Events and covering other faculty member's classes!!!

Unless Assistant Professor, it is challenging to move up the ladder, however, the pay per course for 3 credits is not bad and you still have time to focus on your full time job or career!

Students are great and other faculty/staff are very friendly!
Pros
Flexibity
Cons
Growth
New Jersey City Athletic Center.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 1, 2018
Saturdays are when i do the most. i wake up at 5:30 am to be at the gym by 6, making sure the facility is open and ready for the local swim team. they wrap up around 9 am. and i start teaching swim lessons around this time and don't finish until after 1pm.
Pros
exercise
Cons
bad hours no benefits
Productive and diverse working environment
Public Safety/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 23, 2018
22 paid vacation days each year, 15 paid sick days each year and great benefits that about it. The working environment can be stressful at times and management is not on your side when need support.
Pros
Its a very diverse and laid back environment.
Cons
Management rules with a heavy hand, ignoring the knowledge of faculty & staff; employees across campus are demoralized and disrespected.
Older environment
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 12, 2018
Good pay for the time you are teaching. Adjuncts are hired as needed. Students were on a one on one basis in this instance.
Mass Transit is close by the school.
Face Paced
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 28, 2017
Awesome work environment!!! You will not be disappointed! Job well done, thank you!
Professional, Dependable, & great quality of service/work!!
attentive to detail, responds to your needs in a timely fashion.
I tutored at NJCU
Math and Science Tutor (Current Employee) –  Tutoring CenterNovember 19, 2017
I tutored math and science and the money was good but the students you tutor make it a challenge. they expect to show up and you teach them everything, but you're not a teacher. you're a tutor. so you have to encourage them to learn outside of their class.
Stressful place to work in but the people are very nice
Internship (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJNovember 15, 2017
I had a decent time working at this college. My boss was very nice and I was respected by people in the college. I didn't necessarily have a lot of fun working here but I have no other complaints
This place sucked
Director of Theatres (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJNovember 5, 2017
No I would never let any of my friends work for this employer.

They shifted there management efforts and did not think about how it was going effect their employees. When brought to there attention they just decided that it was easier to let those people go than deal with the issues.
Learning Place
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJNovember 2, 2017
It was very nice learning place, nice professor, Easy Classes, good community. good management, great career growth. It was very nice place to study and enjoy.
work place
Chief Operating Engineer (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 15, 2017
how much wood can a wood chuck chuck if a wood chucjk could chuck wood, all work and no play make jack a sad boy @!$#%^$#@@$^*&%$#$%^&^&&*&^%$@#$%^&&^$%#@#$%^&^&*&^%%$$$%%^^
Pros
work
Cons
work
NJCU is a wonderful place if you love people.
Head Cross Country Coach (Men and Women) (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 10, 2017
NJCU is a melting pot of people. The culture established there is truly something amazing. Hard work, dedication and love for the University is something that you can feel while you are there.
Pros
Best place I have ever worked.
Productive and fun workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 18, 2017
I enjoyed assisting students with their homework. New Jersey City University is extreemly diverse community which is appealing for students and instructors.