New Jersey Courts Employee Reviews

Overall experience depends on the Judge
Judicial Clerk (Former Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 18, 2018
I had a great clerkship experience, however, I am aware of clerks who would feel otherwise. Your experience will largely depend upon the judge with whom you work. Generally, I would say that most of them are kind and desire to mentor in some capacity. I found my work environment extremely collegiate and professional, and I found the work appropriately challenging and engaging.
Productive, quiet work environment
Law Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 3, 2018
Clerking in the appellate division was a great learning experience. It was an excellent job for gaining legal research and writing skills and learning the ins and outs of the court system.
This was a clerkship
LAW CLERK (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJOctober 1, 2018
At this job I learned the fundamental inner workings of the Superior Court of NJ, Chancery Division. I got to observe attorneys making oral arguments in stressful situations and to learn from those observations.
I was a Judge's secretary/assistant with a leadership role. I transcribed tapes, answered the phone and worked with various attorneys. I prepared Ord
Judicial Secretary (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJSeptember 14, 2018
I enjoyed working at the Courthouse. I worked my first 6 years in the Family Division with was a dream position because we all worked as a team. My Judge was than transferred to the Civil Division which was more of a challenge. We went paperless so I had to learn new systems which I did and taught it. A great place to work.
Pros
Good bosses, co-workers, great medical and salary
Cons
I really didn't have any that couldn't be worked out with a meeting and prayer.
Pleasant environment. Careerminded adults
Arbitration Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 28, 2018
Actual arbitration days very busy. With the quick pace the days seemed to go by fast. Enjoyable parts of the day were when needs were met and everything just came together.
Excellent place to be of service to the State of New Jersey
HUMAN RESOURCES DIVISION MANAGER (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJAugust 18, 2018
Employment with the Superior Court of New Jersey is rewarding on a daily basis. Employees engage in many aspects of the court environment. Every educational pursuit is welcomed and able to find a place with the Superior Court.

Prospective employees can expect to engage with high level professionals to meet the overall goals of the court such as backlog reduction, electronic filing, litigant customer, speedy trials and processing.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the feeling that one has given back to the community through governmental service.
Pros
Job advancement, long career with the state
We work hard as team to keep our calendar of track
Judge (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 11, 2018
It was strongly required by my staff that they treated, not just the Attorney's and court with respect, also, litigant and community observer. It was alway import to me that every person had a presumption of innocence as required my the constitution. the presumapion remain until he the the jury or the bench has reach a verdict.and based entirely on facts that had been presented to the jury in open court.
Pros
Serving the community
Cons
The public stopping on me on personal time legal question.
Productive, Professional, and Puntuality
Assistant Secretary (Interned) (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 10, 2018
The Superior Court of NJ is an judiciary organizations that enforces law and order,integrity, confidentiality. A computer is designed to each employee to complete their assigned task.Work attire must be professional, communication is mostly done through email, telecommunication.
Pros
Benefits are incredible
Cons
Salary not that great
interesting
Probation Officer (Former Employee) –  Mays Landing, NJJune 24, 2018
Very interesting job, great to be able to help those who find themselves in the unfortunate situation of the criminal justice system. Great coworkers and management. Very secure work environment.
Good starting point for law clerks
Judicial Law Clerk (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 20, 2018
If you are a judicial law clerk, working for the Courts is a fantastic way to begin your legal career. Judges and staffers are great to learn from first hand.
Being employed with the State was excellent but need increase in salary. This is the reason for part time employment
Judiciary Clerk (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 16, 2018
Ok working with the Superior Court. I have stability but I need increase in salary in order to survive. Management was excellent. I enjoyed working with my co-workers.
a typical day is emotional
Judiciary Clerk 3 (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJMay 15, 2018
Because it is the Civil courts of New Jersey Mercer county everyone is in a bad place in their lives. You have to be able to not internalize and help as best you can. Good customer service and listening skills are required.
Judiciary Court Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJMay 14, 2018
A typical work day includes assisting judges with release orders and detention hearings of defendants detained in Camden County Jail. Ive learned the judicial process and enjoy being a part of the Judiciary. The culture is professional.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
Unexpected days
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJMay 7, 2018
My day is busy but it is very rewarding. There are policies in place so I always know exactly what do to at all times. Everyone in my department is super friendly and helpful.
Pros
35 hour work week, great benefits
Cons
Union Contracts
overall i enjoy working in superior court of nj
Judicial Clerk (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 30, 2018
I learned everyday new, is a challenges for me. it is enjoyable working with co-worker. everyone is very helpful. I like about this place is time goes very fast when u help customers. I dislike about this place is very hard to find parking specially Tuesday to Thursday.
An Amazing Opportunity
Intern (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 24, 2018
I would recommend this position to anyone who wants to learn about the court system or law in general. You get a lot of experience in most aspects of the law.
Great experience for an aspiring attorney
Law Clerk to the Honorable H. Matthew Curry, JSC (Former Employee) –  Belvidere, NJApril 15, 2018
It has been a great honor to work at New Jersey Superior Court as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable H. Matthew Curry. I am certain that this experience will prove to be immensely valuable as I embark on the start of my legal career.
Pros
Good work / life balance, great staff, great place to work
Cons
helpful caring person you become after working with the court system and taking on the knowledge and experienceto share
Judiciary Clerk 3 (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJApril 2, 2018
Very educational, relaxing enviroment rewarding positions opportunities for advancement available with classes for educational on everyday issues in the court system.
Pros
great benefits
Great place to work!
Judicial Intern (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJMarch 26, 2018
Great place to work! Very frieendly enviorment and great work culture , amazing employes, great hands on work experience, excellent training.
Awful compensation but good exposure to the legal practices
Law Clerk to the Hon. Ronald B. Sokalski, J.S.C (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJFebruary 8, 2018
I loved the judge for whom I clerked. Unfortunately, the compensation was terrible and, being a state job, most of the employees are difficult to work with, and border on useless.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Jersey Courts. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3