New Jersey Institute of Technology
79Above average
4.2

New Jersey Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

United States313 reviews
Great place to work. Nice environment. I've learned a great deal working here and have met and worked with wonderful people.

I recommend NJIT wholeheartedly.
My first day was maximum snow fall day. Typically very hard day but I learned lot off new lessons. All of my reporting management persons were very friendly, co-operative and easily approachable.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
contract job
Work in residential halls alongside residence life staff and public safety. Demanding work and at times hard to find coverage for shifts. Recommended for those living on campus.
A great place but I unfortunately Had one of the few not so great bosses but most everyone else were great.

Too long ago for me to remember salary, it was competitive at that time
Great Place to work with awesome people. I learnt about how to stay calm during a tough situation, how to manage with the customers and help them. The most enjoyable part is you get support from your boss and other higher authorities working in that place. They help me and guide me whenever I need them. They encourage me to learn new technologies.
NJIT is a great campus. Unfortunately, I work in one of its worst departments. The females in this dept are an embarrassment to professional women. They've worked together for decades, and they tolerate and even encourage each other's nonsense. This dept is mostly women, and any male that enters thru our doors is perceived as being automatically wrong and as having done something to them. These females are clique-ish, catty, and gossipy. But they can not deal with a person not wanting to join in on their games. So, you can't just sit in this office and quietly do your work. These slobs try to bring you into their ridiculous nonsense, and it's tiring. Regarding work: it's so strange that people who've worked together for so long don't have any policies in place or any common knowledge about the best way for the work to get done. So, they just seem to be spinning their wheels. They seem more concerned about what donuts have been brought in instead of creating a consensus on the best way to work and get work done.
So, I would suggest researching the dept you're coming to work in at NJIT.

My dept? I've never experienced anything like it in my professional life. Never.
A typical day consisted of arriving to class and being shown a tsunami of information. We as students would attempt our best but simply put electrical engineering is a difficult major and is not intended for those who are easily defeated.
Somehow the place does much good for the students who attend for the most part. The institute is so poorly run by academics who’s only motivation is to protect their jobs, mostly at the cost of the students. Terrible leadership. They should all be replaced. Work at Rutgers.
NJIT needs to focus on management skills and professional development for staff. Also there needs to be diversity of women at all levels specially especially upper management and there are still too few women students enrolled. They need to be more women faculty and more women in upper administration. Also the university needs to understand that diversity does not equal in inclusion. Or equity.Inclusion is very much lacking yeah yup
This place is basically good for students. You will be able to learn and grow in this school and hopefully after you graduate you will get a good job you like.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at New Jersey Institute of Technology?
Being a representative for the business major at the New Jersey Institute of Technology really opened my eyes to how organizations and businesses come together to reach a conclusion and create projects.
Good place to work. Management supportive and willing to teach. Good structure and processes in place. The volume of work is very high but that is the nature of the job at any insitution that has grants.
Pros
Good working hours, friendly people, plenty of opportunities to learn
Cons
Very high volume of work, they really need more staff
Workplace Culture is good. Staff is supportive. Good place to work. they care about their employees and offer help whenever required. I felt good going back to work everyday.
As an adjunct instructor at NJIT I teach an average of 2 classes per semester. I enjoy working with the students and interacting with the staff and administration. Each class is one day a week for 3 hours. I spend about 5 hours per week out of the class room preparing for class, and grading and preparing exams.
I did my masters over there, I enjoyed doing it. the curriculum is very interactive and enjoyable. We could learn many new programming skills with lots of Indian friends.
NJIT, Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) offers academic support and career and personal counseling, to NJIT students and focusing on first time full time freshmen, and transfer students.
Depending on your department, you may not be happy. Just vet to see what kind of people you ware working with and then you will know if this is the place for you
Not a job just a position in an organization. Great way to make new connections for your future job aspirations and to get experience. Networking is key.
NJIT provides quality resources to ensure academic success. It is an honor to have been accepted to such a motivating, prestigious university such as NJIT.
There were a lot of graduate students that were willing to help the interns learn the material. They were always available and very supportive. The professor was very knowledgeable and provided assistance to us.
Majority of the opportunity that I had at NJIT was a learning opportunity. Great place to learn about the different types of emerging technologies that are coming about.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Jersey Institute of Technology. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at New Jersey Institute of Technology.
New Jersey Institute of Technology Reviews by Location