New Jersey Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

Nothing new
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 22, 2018
One of the nation's leading public technological research universities, New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT) focuses on the science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) disciplines, as well as architecture, design, and management. NJIT students are career ready. That is why NJIT continually ranks as one of the best investments as graduate starting salaries are 20 percent higher than the national average. NJIT offers small-campus intimacy with the resources of a major public research university.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Not any.
Bad place to work in
Program assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 15, 2018
The place is full of egotistical individuals who when given the power will humiliate other employees. Little or no investigation is conducted when someone complains about an employee. You are automatically out, regardless of the stupid meetings they hold, which by the way, you know you are going to have to losing end. Truth doesn't transpire anywhere. The managers will lie about their employees and HR will side with them. Real injustice, real despicable people. Shame on this university to allow injustice of this caliber go on.
Pros
you may be able to take classes and get tuition remission
Cons
Terrible managers who are inexperienced because they are professors
Terrible Management
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  NJIIOctober 9, 2018
Just DO NOT work here or for New Jersey Innovation Institute (a small company spun off of NJIT). The management is terrible, they are cutthroat, don't care about you as an employee. If you don't fit their management mold and if they don't like you, they fire you regardless of how great an employee you are.
Research Assistant Experience
Research Assistant - Embedded Systems (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 8, 2018
I have been working on technologies that are aligned with my major and gaining experience from it. I have had mentoring from my seniors and given direction on the projects which is important in a research environment.
Pros
Free Snacks
Great place
Learning Connections Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 31, 2018
NJIT is a great atmosphere that allows students to learn and grow in a safe and comfortable environment at an affordable price for students. Jobs are readily available all over.
Research Assistant
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 2, 2018
The job was mundane - basically the horse that pulled the carriage. There was no pay and a ridiculous amount of hours required. I did learn a few things about what we were researching but overall I did not enjoy the experience. If you have a lot of free time during your semester I recommend doing it, otherwise it is very taxing.
Pros
Some education
Cons
No pay, a lot of hours
productive place to work and friendly atmosphere
Part-Time Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 1, 2018
The staff supports each other and the pay is great.The atmosphere is peaceful and quiet. The workload is not that heavy but even if it is other employees or student workers pitch in to help get the job done.
Pros
Great conpensation
Cons
I cannot think of any
A lot of campus events in geared towards technology
Assistant GC for Patents & Intellectual Property (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 1, 2018
Great culture. A lot of campus events geared towards technology. Located in the heart of Newark. Commuting in is tough but the campus is great and the people are passionate.
great
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 31, 2018
Great place to go to school. I had a great experience athletically and academically. I would definitely recommend the school to people that are serious abut having a great education.
Ok to work
Administrative Assistant to Physics Department (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 12, 2018
I became sick twice in one year. I wasn't able to shorten my work week and I needed to work but less. The hardest part of the job was there were people there that needed to retire and wouldn't. It became difficult to do their job and mine.
Fun place to work while providing a sound educational background
Teacher's Assistant/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 29, 2018
Over the years I have worked at NJIT I am satisfied with the work ethics. I wish it could be a full time-position as I like the atmosphere of the university and the culture around. The interaction with the students of different cultures is an education by itself. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with parents and the positive feed back you receive when students are excelling in their studies.
NJIT serves as one of the best Technology schools in Newark. Students come from far to attend such a competitive and prestigious school. It sits in the heart of Newark, New Jersey and it great to have such a school in our midst.
Pros
Several educational activities
Cons
Educational trips
Productive Workplace
Associate Director/Customer Care Lead (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 22, 2018
Working here requires a very strong ability to multi-task. The work is deadline and detail driven so you must be able to handle that. I have strengthened my organizational, public speaking, and management skills as a result of being employed here.
Great place to work during College years
CCO Operations Staff (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 14, 2018
Great environment, great staff, had a great time meeting new people, helping others out. Wonderful opportunity and would recommend to any student at NJIT
unity
Administrative Assistant - ADHC (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 3, 2018
typical work day begin by acknowledging / assisting you co-workers with task for the day and completing your tasks. end the day with checking staff for tomorrow's assignments
Pros
able to switch department if needed
Cons
Great school to work for
University Retention Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 1, 2018
NJIT is truly professional and values the people that work there. They want what is best for the student and are making every effort to do just that. Great environment for staff.
Teaching Assistantship is a Learning Platform
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 17, 2018
Enjoyed collaborating with student and helping them and myself in facing new challenges they face. Relaxed pace work and enjoyable as we get to learn new things along with the students.
Great and fun place to work at.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 14, 2018
Working as research assistant you get to meet professors and students that are all working together and are willing to listen to anyone for ideas for their research projects. I really loved working at NJIT.
Outreach Intern (Former Employee) –  NJMay 4, 2018
good place to work and a nice place. including all facilities to . Good for women in tech and nice way to boost up career in a positive direction.Good plac
Good Place to work , and lot of things to learn
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 25, 2018
NJIT is a place of competition, and opportunities are based on completely based on your skills, work culture is really good and friendly, and there is lot of learning process and we can enlight our self to a better place.
Pros
good environment, learning process
Cons
Less pay
NJIT Media Services
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 18, 2018
i really like working there. Love meeting new people and getting new experience with the type of work I did. Very friendly management. Awesome place to work at .