New Jersey Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

Fun place to work while providing a sound educational background
Teacher's Assistant/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 29, 2018
Over the years I have worked at NJIT I am satisfied with the work ethics. I wish it could be a full time-position as I like the atmosphere of the university and the culture around. The interaction with the students of different cultures is an education by itself. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with parents and the positive feed back you receive when students are excelling in their studies.
NJIT serves as one of the best Technology schools in Newark. Students come from far to attend such a competitive and prestigious school. It sits in the heart of Newark, New Jersey and it great to have such a school in our midst.
Pros
Several educational activities
Cons
Educational trips
Productive Workplace
Associate Director/Customer Care Lead (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 22, 2018
Working here requires a very strong ability to multi-task. The work is deadline and detail driven so you must be able to handle that. I have strengthened my organizational, public speaking, and management skills as a result of being employed here.
Great place to work during College years
CCO Operations Staff (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 14, 2018
Great environment, great staff, had a great time meeting new people, helping others out. Wonderful opportunity and would recommend to any student at NJIT
unity
Administrative Assistant - ADHC (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 3, 2018
typical work day begin by acknowledging / assisting you co-workers with task for the day and completing your tasks. end the day with checking staff for tomorrow's assignments
Pros
able to switch department if needed
Cons
Great school to work for
University Retention Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 1, 2018
NJIT is truly professional and values the people that work there. They want what is best for the student and are making every effort to do just that. Great environment for staff.
Teaching Assistantship is a Learning Platform
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 17, 2018
Enjoyed collaborating with student and helping them and myself in facing new challenges they face. Relaxed pace work and enjoyable as we get to learn new things along with the students.
Great and fun place to work at.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 14, 2018
Working as research assistant you get to meet professors and students that are all working together and are willing to listen to anyone for ideas for their research projects. I really loved working at NJIT.
Outreach Intern (Former Employee) –  NJMay 4, 2018
good place to work and a nice place. including all facilities to . Good for women in tech and nice way to boost up career in a positive direction.Good plac
Good Place to work , and lot of things to learn
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 25, 2018
NJIT is a place of competition, and opportunities are based on completely based on your skills, work culture is really good and friendly, and there is lot of learning process and we can enlight our self to a better place.
Pros
good environment, learning process
Cons
Less pay
NJIT Media Services
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 18, 2018
i really like working there. Love meeting new people and getting new experience with the type of work I did. Very friendly management. Awesome place to work at .
Productive and fun workplace
Engineering Technology Representative (Current Employee) –  NJIT Campus CenterApril 16, 2018
In Student Senate, we work to defend the rights of students on campus. We are always challenged, forced to think critically, and have every opportunity to now what it takes to be a good leader.
Positive Experience for Graduate School
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 11, 2018
I feel as though I received a good education and excellent advisement from my PhD adviser. The lab environment provided a comfortable place for work to be done.
great place to work
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 27, 2018
it is a great place to work. everyone is friendly here and any issues will be looked after very fast and they will be sorted out very quickly. i enjoyed working there.
Temporal Quick Buck
Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 26, 2018
It's a good place to start work on campus and depending on the season, it could get either fast paced or relaxing. Management is fair but strict. Staff is cooperative to work with.
Working for Schools
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 22, 2018
Working for schools has its perks. You get free tuition which is always a great help considering how expensive everything is today. I had a great manager.
Pros
temporary position
Educational
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 11, 2018
It was great gaining hands on experience in the field. I loved the mix of lab, computer and field work. It was a great lab to be part of and I really learned a lot.
Quick Pace never a dull moment
Lab Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 2, 2018
Amazing University to attend and to work for. There is never a dull moment at work. The staff is amazing to work with and it's nice to interact with students and try to be a leader for them. Great atmosphere.
Enjoyable Staff
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 27, 2018
The staff is very enjoyable and allow hands on experience in order to prepare you for situations in which it would be hard to decide the right choice.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Limited Shifts
Nice place to work
Lab Consultant (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 27, 2018

Help students and staffs with computer or printer related issues.
• Ensure computers, printer and projectors are up and running.
I love working at NJIT
NJIT is worth considering to pursue your PhD
Graduate Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 27, 2018
I have been spending 4.5 years at NJIT pursuing my PhD. I would recommend this school to my friends who want to do advanced degree research. The environment is supportive and nice people who you can ask any questions and ready to answer you. Even though you are not doing groundbreaking research at NJIT, you are likely to work on something that is applicable and useful for your future career, either a faculty member or an industry expert.