New Jersey Institute of Technology

Reviewer Recommended

Recommended Workplaces earn this badge by having an average star rating of 4.2 or higher in the last two years, and at least 10 reviews from Indeed users.

New Jersey Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

School
Capstone Project (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 4, 2019
Remarkable institution that provided a place to learn about relative engineering experiences. My capstone projected provided me the background needed to be competitive in a work environment and understand what it means to be an engineer.
Amazing and Fun to learn at NJIT
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 29, 2019
Great place to go to school and actually learn something! Professors are very knowledgable and care for their students.
Being a lab assistant here really built my confidence.
Productive and fun workplace with a very huge lab to work.
Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 28, 2019
A progressive organization with a lot of different opportunities. Rewards those that work smart and are creative. Definitely doesn't want employees who punch in and punch out. Friendly co-workers
Pros
no time restrictions
Cons
poor quality instruments and lack of 5S principles
Department is very friendly
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 18, 2019
I have been working at the pre-college department at NJIT, as an instructor, teaching Physics and Chemistry to high school Sophomores and Juniors every Saturday.
Interactive
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 14, 2019
Working here has given me a lot of experience. It's really good to help the students in their problems and it's really nice to teach the students as well..
Cool place
Archivist (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 8, 2019
I worked as a Federal Work Study student part time. It was a great opportunity. The staff was a great help. I gained a lot of experience in the archive dealing with theater sets.
Good for student
Computer lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 3, 2019
As a student, i was part of the work-study program. This program helps me get some experience in customer service and allows me to focus on some school material.
Productive Work Environment
Data Analyst/Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 31, 2018
Work was individualized and gained experience using Excel. Manager was willing to help and fix if any errors occurred. Understood analysis processes used to improve the institution.
i do not want to speak
Computer Science Instructor (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 29, 2018
this job has all the appearances of impropriety and only retaliates if you speak up. I spoke up and now my opportunity is dessolved after over an 160 000 tuition debt
Mentor and Lifeguarding
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 16, 2018
In a typical day as a mentor, I answer questions my students may have about NJIT in general, homework, or social or professional life. I work with my fellow mentors to make sure the lounge is being tended for properly. I attend bi-weekly meetings, and monthly CAS-ing meetings.
As a lifeguard on campus, I am responsible for enforcing the safety rules that the pool follows. I need to document the pH and Chlorine levels every hour.
Graduate school
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 3, 2018
I spent two years, four semesters, in NJIT to pursue my master degree in material science. NJIT is a very good place to study and touch with high technique experiments' devices.
Productive working place with development opportunities
Data Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 4, 2018
New Jersey Institute of technology provides very comfortable environment at work for its employees. A typical day at work starts by doing trend analyses of data obtained by on going surveys. Creating new Surveys and updating office of institutional effectiveness's webpage. The hardest part of job is doing course evaluations, which requires detail oriented working.
Nothing new
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 22, 2018
One of the nation's leading public technological research universities, New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT) focuses on the science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) disciplines, as well as architecture, design, and management. NJIT students are career ready. That is why NJIT continually ranks as one of the best investments as graduate starting salaries are 20 percent higher than the national average. NJIT offers small-campus intimacy with the resources of a major public research university.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Not any.
Bad place to work in
Program assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 15, 2018
The place is full of egotistical individuals who when given the power will humiliate other employees. Little or no investigation is conducted when someone complains about an employee. You are automatically out, regardless of the stupid meetings they hold, which by the way, you know you are going to have to losing end. Truth doesn't transpire anywhere. The managers will lie about their employees and HR will side with them. Real injustice, real despicable people. Shame on this university to allow injustice of this caliber go on.
Pros
you may be able to take classes and get tuition remission
Cons
Terrible managers who are inexperienced because they are professors
Terrible Management
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  NJIIOctober 9, 2018
Just DO NOT work here or for New Jersey Innovation Institute (a small company spun off of NJIT). The management is terrible, they are cutthroat, don't care about you as an employee. If you don't fit their management mold and if they don't like you, they fire you regardless of how great an employee you are.
Research Assistant Experience
Research Assistant - Embedded Systems (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 8, 2018
I have been working on technologies that are aligned with my major and gaining experience from it. I have had mentoring from my seniors and given direction on the projects which is important in a research environment.
Pros
Free Snacks
Great place
Learning Connections Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 31, 2018
NJIT is a great atmosphere that allows students to learn and grow in a safe and comfortable environment at an affordable price for students. Jobs are readily available all over.
Research Assistant
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 2, 2018
The job was mundane - basically the horse that pulled the carriage. There was no pay and a ridiculous amount of hours required. I did learn a few things about what we were researching but overall I did not enjoy the experience. If you have a lot of free time during your semester I recommend doing it, otherwise it is very taxing.
Pros
Some education
Cons
No pay, a lot of hours
productive place to work and friendly atmosphere
Part-Time Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 1, 2018
The staff supports each other and the pay is great.The atmosphere is peaceful and quiet. The workload is not that heavy but even if it is other employees or student workers pitch in to help get the job done.
Pros
Great conpensation
Cons
I cannot think of any
A lot of campus events in geared towards technology
Assistant GC for Patents & Intellectual Property (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 1, 2018
Great culture. A lot of campus events geared towards technology. Located in the heart of Newark. Commuting in is tough but the campus is great and the people are passionate.