New Leaf Community Markets Employee Reviews

My review
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAAugust 26, 2018
It's been over 10 years since I worked there. It was a good store, all of them. (I worked at all 4 stores) The mangers were great the food was always fresh and the customers were kind.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
I don't recall
fun.
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Half Moon Bay, CAAugust 22, 2018
easy. and co workers are very nice, they are very considerate of the schedules of the workers. Customers are usually nice, weekends do get pretty busy.
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
management
Fantastic place to work
Grocery Associate (Former Employee) –  Half Moon Bay, CAJuly 8, 2018
I loved my job at New Leaf, from the top down, the company truly cares about both its customers and employees. Employees get a discount on groceries. The company offers plenty of room for growth. I greatly miss my job at New Leaf.
Nice community
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Capitola, CAJune 27, 2018
I worked with a wonderful team, but things did start to change on the corporate side. Many unfair rules and decisions where being passed thru to managment.
Good comany
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  CAMay 11, 2018
Good benefits available for employees. Good work/life balance standards. Flexible scheduling. Small region so opportunities for advancement can be limited.
Lack of care from management, trickles down.
Meat Department Clerk (Former Employee) –  Half Moon Bay, CAApril 12, 2018
Management is virtually inexistent and does not communicate. Managers clock in to work but clock out in there heads. They pay the employees garbage and expect 110% . New employees are thrown right in without proper training and with constant customers that ask dozens of health or allergy related questions, they expect them to know what they are serving but the lack of training, willing to pay better wages and lack of care is why that company is suffering and closing stores. Any company that claims they have exceptional customer service usually has poor service with employees they don't care about. Cost of living here is high and there starting all around pay can't even pay one month of rent let alone food, electricity, internet, gas and what ever else you need to live.
Pros
benefits/401k/PTO/
Cons
Not worth waisting your time, they don't care about you.
it was ok
Deli Chef, Recipe Developer (Former Employee) –  Felton, CAMarch 15, 2018
this was not a gogd like thing to do to me to make me list every its review on every job i have ever had is terrible i do not like this and wosh this wasnt happening
Bakery with commitment to high quality natural foods, be prepared to work hard.
Bakery Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Felton, CANovember 26, 2017
This bakery produces a very high quality product and actively encourages creativity on the part of the bakers. The compensation higher here than other bakeries. This department is very small and has limited resources for professional development, so the most successful candidates will come to this job with prior kitchen or baking experience or be a motivated self-started with a high initiative to learn. The smallness of the operation also means the staffing is very tight, which can make it difficult to get time off and often requires working overtime to cover when someone is out. This is a very physical job. You'll spend all day on your feet moving.
Pros
decent pay, satisfaction from creating an awesome product
Cons
no opportunities for advancement
Organic, Sustainable Culture
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAFebruary 26, 2017
Working with hippies at New Leaf. It was laid back, yet productive. It was an organic lifestyle.
They made sure you have a lifestyle schedule, meaning 2 days off in row.
Opportunity for Gain Share.
Affordable health care benefits.
Direct management was easy to get along with.
Pros
Free food
Organic Foods Market
Meat Department Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CANovember 20, 2015
I was responsible for running a sustainable meat/fish counter within Newleaf Market. I learned how to fillet fish, and correctly cut meats. My co-workers were some of the best in the world and I really learned how important that is. The most enjoyable part of the job was serving the community sustainable foods.
Pros
benefits, organic food
Cons
Smelly
New Leaf Community Markets
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CASeptember 22, 2015
New Leaf has been around for over 30 years and started as a grassroots market that stands by the quality and social responsibility around its all natural products. It is a company with high integrity, yet very "young" compared to their competitors like Whole Foods, the work culture supports work life balance and offers perks like 20% discount on groceries.

Co workers are supportive and people are very nice.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Infrastructure isn't built in yet

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Leaf Community Markets. Our community is ready to answer.

New Leaf Community Markets Reviews by Location