New Leaf Residential Services Employee Reviews

Horrible!!! Run!!!
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHSeptember 19, 2019
This company is horrible and the Program Director is a pathological liar! We (staff) feel like slaves and don't get any kind of recognition for our hard work. We don't get benefits or a raise until after a year. Supervisors are very rude and blame staff when they mess up making our job harder. They run and tell all of your personal business now you're the talk of the company. You get tons of hours your first few weeks then you get barely 20 hours if not less so you never know if you're full time part time or temporary the whole company is unorganized and it's just not worth it unless you're easy to push over and like being bullied this is the job for you! If you turn down a shift on your day off you will be subjected to points docked and mistreatment by your PD. I hate it here and love the consumers . I'll be leaving soon with a lot of others including some of the consumers. Now that will tell you a lot!
Wonderful Clients but Terrible Company
Direct Care Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHSeptember 9, 2019
Clients are wonderful that is the reason why most people stay. Management is not fair and do not listen to the staff. Management team needs to be replaced. Company offers PTO and vacation but you can never take it because the houses are always under-staffed. When you leave the company they do not pay you for your PTO or vacation time, which sucks because you are never given the opportunity to take any time off. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Building a relationship with the clients
Cons
Management and not able to take vacations.
Wouldnt refer anyone
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  EverywhereJuly 26, 2019
People that work for this company are not valued in the least way. We work hands on and we work super hard but we arent noticed but they are quick to hire outside the company for management for homes. How they treat people is unfair and we as workers dont appreciate it at all.
Very team oriented workplace
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 29, 2019
Very relaxed and productive workplace great coworkers and managers easy to move up through the company working with individuals with disabilities creating an easier life for them
Pros
Helping others with disabilities
Cons
No lunches
Kool environment
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  North locationMay 8, 2019
Nice place to work. Younger staff need to appreciate a job . The company is growing rapidly, staff has to be able to handle a fast pace job. Able to move up in the company.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Immature staff
Productive and very fun to be with consumers
DIRECT CARE STAFF WORKER (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHApril 17, 2019
I loved taking care of my consumers everyday was different and everyday was challenged and very fun to spend time with them and help with their adls
Loved the interaction with them I worked with three ladies who were mentally challenged and I loved every minute of it
Pros
Spending all my time with the consumers
Cons
Not being able to go back have explanation
If anybody gave this job 5stars they are lying!
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHApril 1, 2019
This is the worst company I ever worked for they don’t care about nobody’s life but theirs. They will mandate you an not even tell you that your mandated. Managers are lazy an unprofessional an the office just doesn’t seem to care about their employees. I will never work for this company again.
Pros
Nothing!
Cons
Everything!
loved that i was making a difference
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHMarch 15, 2019
i liked m job and the clients i took care of. the management slacked and all the weight was put onto the shift employees there was no type of order or control over anyone and some days was mandated to work more than the require state hours. management only seemed to care about their business and not the lives of others
Pros
knowing u are making a difference in the clients life
Very Unprofessional
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHNovember 8, 2018
Unfortunately the company is very inconsiderate to its employees and is unprofessional on many different levels. I wouldn't recommend New Leaf Residential Services due to their lack of professionalism.
Pros
Unlimitited Hours/ Interacting with clients
Cons
Poor Management
Needs new management
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHAugust 5, 2018
Working with developmentally disabled people is extremely rewarding, however this company has a HIGH turnover rate and will hire anyone through the door. People who call off and don't show up get catered to while the employees who show up and do their job are used, disrespected and micro managed and forced to work non-stop to make up for the ones who don't come in.
Upper management in one district are driving employees out the door left and right along with running the company into the ground. Clients are treated like prisoners.
Employee drama is rampant
Favoritism
Pros
Rewarding job field
Cons
Everything else
productive
Program Director/Manager (Current Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHJuly 2, 2018
i really enjoy working for the company, the RD of north is the BOOM!! You can learn a lot from her, she will work right beside you and not just tell you what to do.
Fun place to work, enjoy the clients
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHMay 30, 2018
Love the individuals and good training. Please consider that some of these negative reviews listed are from employees who were unable to preform their job duties. Every employer has standards.
Pros
Loved the individuals great homes
Cons
Non traditional work hours
Terrible
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Austintown, OHMay 23, 2018
They will strip you of your time and hard work. You will be mandated constantly. You will end up working 9 days in a row, 12 hour shifts or more. You are made to give up your life for $9 an hour. They work you until you break, then move on to the next person. They don't care for you or the residents you care for. Most people, including me, stayed for the residents because they need help and someone to be their family; and the company exploits you for it. You don't get breaks. You are expected to constantly be on duty.

Management will talk about you behind your back, and call you every day off you get to come in. Turnover and burnout is high for a reason here, and it is because they refuse to treat their employees with any dignity.
Pros
form great bond with your residents
Cons
overworked, low pay, terrible mangement
Horrible place to work
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHMay 15, 2018
Worst place i ever worked management is not good at all unprofessional, and dont communicate at all. They also have you drving around consumers knowing your car insurance dont cover them if you get in an accident. PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH ON THIS HORRIBLE COMPANY
Run for your life!
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 8, 2018
I have been with this company 4 years.They used to have excellent management, but recently have been making some changes that have all the employees looking for new jobs. They have no loyalty to their employees at all, and you have to constantly look over your shoulder. There is no trust or team atmosphere. Everyone is trying to stab everyone else in the back. Most new employees only stay 1-2 months, then realize they have come to the wrong company. HORRIBLE COMMUNICATION! The regional directors make mistakes then blame the staff. All this company cares about is making money from their clients, and they definitely don't share any of it with their employees.
Pros
Nice clients
Cons
Horrible bosses
Official response from New Leaf Residential Services
May 14, 2018

I am sorry that you feel this way but New Leaf is in the process of changing and with change there is always room for improvement.

Fun
staff (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHApril 23, 2018
I loved working for this company as well. It was a lot of free time and very rewarding to help people live as independently as they possibly could. I'll never forget the job or my residents.
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHApril 10, 2018
This is a great place to work with great ppl I enjoy being around my co workers and consumers.The managers are great the owners are wonderful and very kind and the Regional Direct is Awesome.
Enjoy my self
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Salem, OHMarch 4, 2018
I love the consumers. It is a lot of hours but the pay checks are nice. You do get mandated but not all the time and they will usually let you know early in your shift. Other coworkers are nice. Management is nice and works with you. It’s a great place to work.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Some mandations
Great company for growth opportunities
DCS (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHFebruary 22, 2018
If you want to learn and you work hard, this is the place to be. If you want to work with individuals with disabilities as a career, this agency teaches you the right way to do it. They don't allow lazy co-workers to not pull their weight.
Pros
supportive managers, decent pay & benefits
Cons
few day shift hours
Run away
Direct care staff (Former Employee) –  Austintown, OHNovember 26, 2017
was working 21 hours shifts after people calling off. Was assaulted by clients and never moved from their houses. Pay is horrible. They tell you that all you have to do is say you’re uncomfortable at a house and they would try to move you. That’s a lie. I was assaulted twice and never moved. The gas mileage “reimbursements” NEVER showed up in your pay. $9 an hour is not enough to work the hours and with the clients they have.
Pros
Cons
Everything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Leaf Residential Services. Our community is ready to answer.