New Light Inc

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

Fun and productive place to work

Working here has been great. Very fulfilling job, getting to work with all the different people, from individuals to co workers. They have always worked with me and have been understanding.

Pros

Alright pay

Cons

Weekend work

Higher management does not care about it's employees or consumers.

Everyone goes into the job being told that everyone is equal and paid accordingly, and that is very much not the case. Many staff are very hardworking and are truly only there because they care for the individuals that they care for. However, these are the staff that get overlooked and are ignored when they speak up about important issues happening in the workplace. They only care about numbers, whether it is financing or what they refer to as "just having bodies in the house" so that they meet state requirements. These individuals deserve a lot more respect and care and so do the actual good staff that can follow simple rules and does their job appropriately, even when they get the same wage as others who just get high and sit on a couch all day. Many of the supervisors work very hard at their jobs even when being extremely overworked. If management doesn't change sadly this company will keep going downhill.

Pros

The individuals you care for, Flexible hours, Holiday Pay and Overtime Pay, 50/50 chance of working with great staff or people that don't want to do anything.

Cons

Upper management, No communication, You do not get support from any upper management, only some supervisors are helpful but they also do not get any support from higher-ups.

Good pay but horrible managment

The pay is good but on-call is a joke, the only time they are helpful is when finding someone to work or when there is an error with meds or paperwork

Pros

Good pay

Cons

horrible hours and terrible management

Ehh it’s a job

It’s a stepping stone , doesn’t really offer much , admin is a huge clique and you can’t really trust any stuff so don’t go around thinking you can make friends in the houses you work in, just go in do your job with the clients and leave that’s in!!!

Pros

Yearly 25 cent raises

Cons

Admin cliques

Good company to work for

You are given a list of rooms to clean a stay over room you make bed restock linens empty trash. Restock soaps s. hampoo coffee and cups. When you have a check out room you strip the bed of linens take trash and dirty towels out disinfectant all surfaces restock all linens make bed vaccum room move on to the next room. In between rooms you need to do laundry. Take out the trash vaccum

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Apprentice electrician

I learned how to do electricity and be a help in the work field of today...and also i did underground work ...which made it More easier to be independent upon my own thinking.

No review at this time thank u

Nothing to say at this time thank you the management team was all over the place nothing else i could say thank you for your time not a place i would ever return to

Very layed back but saw major favortisim

I think new light was a horrible place to work at they play favoritism and they fire some while keeping others that are doing a far worse job or have far more employment concerns then they do the ones that work there butts off and try to give the consumer the best care they can give

Lacking supervison

As I loved the home that I worked in, I must admit that some of the activities that went on inside some of the homes I did not agree with. Management didn't check on the homes enough.

I like the company

It all depends on if you want to work block shift or hourly. They ate great at working around personal life. Taking care of mentally challenged can be difficult but rewarding. They take the tine to train staff in all situations that could happen.

Was an enjoyable place to work and I feel like a made a difference in my clients

I recommend New Light to anyone who has patience to work with people with mental disabilities. Patience is an important factor with this job. I learned a lot during my time at New Light

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

The hours were sometimes long

Great job with poor management

Love the job itself, but the management and communication company wide struggles. We work everyday and get no appreciation. There are no incentives to work there.

Overtime was not monitored

Always tons of overtime as turn over was extremely high Employees were not recognized for their dedication or achievements Absolutely no consistency for disciplinary issues Low pay for beginning employees New hires were not trained consistently Upper management did not supervise or monitor their employees as they should have. Lots of issues went unaddressed or "under the radar"

Pros

worked with a variety of people, no limit on overtime

Cons

no consistency, no guidance when needed

I loved this place

The management is wonderful, very helpful, always there. All of my coworkers were amazing, very fun, hard working, great team work. Clients were wonderful!

Pros

Coworkers, management, paid mileage, clients.

fun

great place. one of my favorite job ever. I really loved this job. this job helped me grow as a person and love so much about residential care along with myself.

Could be a great place to work to better clients lives

Upper management is vindictive and make knee jerk decisions before having all the facts.I was able to advance in the company but with the newer structure it doesn't leave much room to do that now. The clients are the best part of the job and the only thing I will miss about working there.

Pros

as much overtime as you want

Cons

management, no respect for staff

Direct Care Worker

Loved my individuals. I learned who not to trust office staff wise. I also learned who not to trust staff wise as well. If someone does not want you in a position, they will find a way to demote you faster than you can say your own name. They will also work you as much as they can as well. I understand you are always on call, but learn to say no even when they say so and so only wants you or your the only person who can calm so and so down. The only enjoyable part of my job was the staff I could trust and became friends with and my individuals.

Long Hours, Little Graditude

It takes a certain type of person to work in the direct care field. I just so happen to not be one of those people. Working with individuals with mental disabilities on a daily basis. Caring for their basic and greater needs. Cooking, cleaning, meds, driving, etc. All for little to no gratitude from upper management. Working long hours with very little job stability.

Pros

coworkers

Cons

healthcare, use own vehicle for transport

Work with Mentally Hanicapped

Working with the mentally handicapped. There are times depending on the client you work with that it can be extremely relaxed, and there are times it can be extremely stressful. This is not a job for all.

Work well with your schedule! Inviting office staff!

I left this company because I found a higher paying job, but my time with Newlight was great! They worked with my availability and were always kind and helpful to me!

Pros

Friendly superiors and staff

Cons

Low pay

Enjoyed caring for clients

The part of working with the clients was amazing. Loved working with my clients. The office management sucked, they seemed interested in what you need or asked for but at same time they didn't go any further with half the things unless it was worth something to them it seemed. When it came to following the rules it depends on who you are some people seemed to get away with anything and others couldn't.

Pros

The clients and their families

Cons

Management, drama

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Light Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• New Light Inc