New Mexico State University Employee Review

View all New Mexico State University reviews

Fun Workplace
Student Aide (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJune 4, 2014
Good job all the way around from management to co workers, in a typical day you can expect to interact with many people in a relaxed environment. the job is not difficult at all and is enjoyable in the sense of being able to learn how to conduct a multi purpose center.
Pros
Hours

Other New Mexico State University Employee Reviews

Enjoyable work environment.
STUDENT AIDE (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJune 15, 2018
I worked this job as a student, so management catered around my schedule. A typical day consisted of getting the list and desired layout of events for the day, gathering equipment (chairs, tables, audio equipment, etc), and setting it all up according to the specific diagram. Working with other students, this was a fun environment with enough downtime to get homework done. The job was pretty laid-back, the hardest part about the job was transporting heavy tables and hundreds of chairs across the campus. Working the evening and night shifts, we worked with little to no supervision, and I really appreciated the trust granted to get the job done.
Pros
Fun, laid-back, excellent work environment, and low supervision.
NMSU Graduate Teaching Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant/Intern - Sociology (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJune 7, 2018
The days are full in the academic environment of NMSU. During my internship as a graduate teaching assistant I learned the strategies that professors utilize in conveying knowledge to their students. The entire sociology department is friendly, approachable, and helpful. The most difficult part of the job was conveying successful study habits to the students, many of whom require this basic knowledge. By the same token, the most rewarding facet of this job was making a 'breakthrough' to students who grasp the concepts being conveyed.
Pros
Interaction with students.
Cons
None.