New Oasis International Education Employee Reviews

Interesting experience
Tutor for international students (Former Employee) –  VirginiaApril 18, 2019
I worked as a contractor tutoring English and other subjects for their international students.

I had numerous problems actually connecting to the students they assigned me only for then to say they had given them to someone else.

Of the students I did connect with only one I actually kept. The others were entitled spoiled rich kids from China who expect everyone else to do the work for them. And New Oasis has a tendency of wanting to cater to them.
I also had weird situations where the student would reach out to me before I even knew I had been hired! And when I asked that student if the details of payment had been worked out before meeting with then, I was reprimanded by both New Oasis and the recruiter company that finds tutors for New Oasis for even asking!

Why a student should have my number before a representative confirms the details of the arrangement is unprofessional and troubling.
I have only met one coordinator out of the 3-4 I interacted with that was helpful.

I also think New Oasis may not actually check how well a student's English is before they come. I'm fine with tutoring ESL but I do wonder how the student fares being in a high school setting. It's also incredibly hard to tutor when I expect to just supplement the material but end up teaching and lesson planning entirely with my own materials used an English teacher abroad.

Overall, New Oasis asks for too much without being grateful or considerate. I am quitting the contact at the end of the school year and not taking any more students with then. While the pay of $30/hr is generous, the
  more... time taken to talk and hammer out the needs of the student and expectations wasn't worth it. I think it's also quite easy for them to find anybody. I am somewhat concerned that if I don't quit now they'll just fire me for something that's out of my control.  less
Pros
High wage
Cons
Ridiculous expectations, unclear guidelines, dishonest
Unreasonable Expectations and No Growth Opportunities
coordinator (Current Employee) –  tennesseeMarch 25, 2019
The pay is very low based on what they want you to do. $20hr sounds ok but....they want you to do school visits, events, visit kids, visit families, recruit new families, LOTS OF PAPERWORK, etc. Even if you're p/t, they expect you to be available during the day, spend time with students/families at night and do events on weekend. Then there's the "management team" - they lack direction, experience and new ideas are forbidden. No opportunity for advancement or professional growth.
Pros
I really like my supervisor but they eliminated her position
Cons
workload is unreasonable and demands constantly change
bad experience
Associate (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMarch 19, 2019
Poorly organized company with bad management team. Do not recommend to work here. Although the students first model was advertised, it was not quite as student-centered as you would think.
Productive, interesting communication with all international students.
Host Manager (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 29, 2019
Company not provided any benefits, but work is interesting, new knowledge about others countries, them culture, work with student as a smart, young people.
Pros
No benefits
All work, no play
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  USASeptember 20, 2018
Expect your texts, messages, and emails to go off 24/7 with an expectation that you will respond immediately, regardless of time of day. No set hours, expect to work evenings, weekends, and while on vacation! No knew appreciates your hard work or dedication to the company.
Joke of a Job!
Associate (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJuly 17, 2018
Very low salary for what you are expected to do. You think you are helping our kids in need when in reality you are supporting very wealthy students who insist on getting “ their way” while studying abroad.

The workload is unmanageable, and senior management hasn’t a clue on what they are doing. Every week you get conflicting information as to what/how you are supposed to do your job.

Take a class or seminar on how to be a proper manager. You are not above anyone in the company and your conflicting information will end up in a tornado of a company.

Read reviews on other websites, they are accurate!
Cons
No work/life balance, 50+ hours a week for little pay
Not a good place to work at all
Regional Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 27, 2018
Lack of morals and values. Allows for the mistreatment of international youth. The children are placed in host homes. The Management does not promote african american families nor LGBTQI families as a personal preference.
Growing Too Fast
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VASeptember 25, 2017
In my opinion, this company is growing too fast. While growth is wonderful, and good for business, it is happening too quickly for management to be able to keep up. Therefore, the company, employees, and customers are suffering.