New Orleans East Hospital Employee Reviews

Horrible
Emergency Room Secretary (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 28, 2019
It was a horrible place to work. The management was awful. They were all friends and hid things. They showed favoritism. I would not recommend this place to work to no one.
Love this Hospital
Rehabilitation Volunteer Tech (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 6, 2019
great experience , Staff very welcoming . work environment very relaxed but very professional. clinicians were very welcoming as well. Food Services is impeccable.
Fun work place
Patient Registrar/ Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 3, 2019
My morning is fast pace . A lot of patient check-ins , then hours on the phone with Insurance companies getting Admissions authorized. I enjoy what I do
Pros
you get to eat at your desk
Cons
sometimes you dont get to eat lunch especially if short staff
amazing
Administrative Resident (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 19, 2018
great place to work, administration is amazing, everyone works as a family, best place to work, amazing place to work, work her, its great, apply to this hospital
Productive and caring
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 24, 2018
I worked with 4 others who cared for the patients. We help with all other departments of the hospitality and shadow anyone we wanted. Managed paperwork, delivered and got free lunches. The hardest part was handling patients family member who is very stressed and are on edge.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Hospital
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 10, 2018
A typical day can be trying because nurses are very lackadaisical. It's a small hospital and the nursing staff is laid back especially at night.

The culture of the facility is too laid back. You have managers who shouldn't be in management without any managerial skill.

Phone etiquette should be taught. It's stressed in orientation but not adhered to.
Pros
Friendly place to work
Cons
low pay, poor patient intergrity, rude nursing staff. Management inexperienced whom don't have managerial skills
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 19, 2018
I’m an RN who currently works in the Emergency Department. The pay is Great and hospital is beautiful. It has gotten a lot busier since I started here. The ed is a great place to work. I have great benefits. I would definitely recommend this Er.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Cafeteria not open on weekends
Pharmacy intern for 2 years while in Pharmacy school
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 2, 2018
During the 2 years, my job was to learn about drug distribution, review medical orders and to also work closely with medical and nursing staff to provide the best treatment and advice to patients.
Great people, bad management
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 26, 2018
Most of the people that work there are pretty great , they are people that care about what they do because working there isn't always easy but the management doesn't really care about keeping good employees. Constant management turnover and every time a new boss comes in, everyone gets fired.
Love to work with Company
Account Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  5620 Read Blvd New Orleans LA 70121February 17, 2018
Love to work with challenged job, responsible for all accounts payable including verifying the accuracy of vendor invoices. Prepare monthly accrual list and research any invoice receiving and pricing problems. Maintain 1099 information.
Friendly
Surgical Technologist (PRN) (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 17, 2018
From the Surgical Director to the nurses to the techs, everyone was friendly and encouraging. The staff made going to work very pleasant. I would recommend it.
Pros
Time for learning
Cons
Sometimes slow
the most enjoyable part of the job
Licensed Pratical Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 3, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a group of people who new their job and did it well.I also learned new skill that I practice today.
Pros
good work envionment
New hospital issues
Staff RN, ICU, Charge RN, Preceptor on ICU (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 14, 2017
NOEH is very supportive of staff and strives to deliver quality health care to an underserved population. Unfortunately, as a new hospital there are still significant gaps in policy and protocol development. As a staff member I was able to contribute to these needs, but progress has been slow as the facility continues to build a management team with consistent goals for the integration of NOEH into the region's overall health care system.
Pros
Supportive team and management
Cons
As a new facility, is still trying to find it's role in the post Katrina health care landscape.
working at methodist
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 13, 2017
I had just finished school, and it was my second job , our supervisor and managers were the greatest, the hospital in a whole was great. patient 's was very well taken care of , and the place was clean.
Pros
good work place
productive day
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 11, 2017
Organize for medical records filing I had the best managers always willing to help the most i enjoy getting my work done very fast place never had a hard part for ease job to lean im a very fast learner
Pros
learning new things
Cons
no cons very enjoyable place
productive
Endoscopy Technician (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 21, 2017
NOEH is a good enviroment at times. I would recommend people to work here. I like the job its relaxed some day other days it can get crazy but I like it.
Pros
small
Cons
lunch
Pleasant hospital to work for
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 10, 2017
Coworkers are helpful and nice to work with. They take that very seriously, so if you're not into teamwork or enjoy work drama, this is not the place for you. I was only prn so I can't comment about the benefits, but I sure would have liked the opportunity to become part time or full time staff. Unfortunately for me, my job was a trial basis and they decided that I was no longer necessary.
Pros
nice employees
Cons
still new, growing hospital from ground up
Workplace
Porter (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 10, 2017
Horrible days at work.. Management was not acceptable it wasnt a great job for me at all.. Plenty hard times on the daily work. The hardest part was trying to enjoy the job..
Great Place to Work
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 9, 2017
Wonderful place to work!!! Great management team and the coworkers all get along well. Professionalism and great patient care. Great addition to New Orleans East community.
Job summary
Urgent Care Physician (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 17, 2017
I actually really like this job. I worked for a staffing company and there were several opportunities for shifts, however, unfortunately, this clinic is now closed.