New Penn Financial Employee Reviews

Great management
Mortgage Loan Originator NMLS #133572 (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 7, 2018
The management at New Penn is extremely dedicated to their employees. They go above and beyond when help is needed . As a loan officer having management that cares so much and is always willing to help makes a huge difference .
Avoid the Oregon Branch at All Costs
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORJuly 31, 2018
Very toxic workplace. Lots of yelling and very unprofessional actions by the regional manager. Good lead flow, but they can take any lead that you are not "closing". Had a manager take a majority of my leads I was working.
Pros
Lead flow
Cons
Management, Taking of leads
Had a very supportive management staff
Senior Funder (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA 92618July 26, 2018
Was a great teamwork environment, all departments worked together to get the job done. The upper management team was always willing to help with questions.
Pros
fun, lively place to work
Cons
office closed
Good company...
Licensed Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 20, 2018
New Penn is a very good mortgage company. They operate their business in a most ethical manner. The growth of the company is dependent on the mortgage market...so are commission based compensation. A good sales person can have a great career at New Penn.
Pros
Solid management
Cons
Cyclical business
Good place if you're willing to work for it!
Mortgage Consultant (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 16, 2018
If you don't mind making a good amount of phone calls and really working for what you're worth then this job would be perfect or you. It's a very laid back environment as far as micromanagement. If you really try your hardest and put in your work you will be rewarded very generously. If you're slacker then this job isn't for you. You have to be willing to ask difficult questions and be very personable to be successful here.
Pros
Commission possiblities, Leads, Live Transfers, Flexible schedule, and Knowledgable Staff
Cons
Difficult customers
Best Job I've Every Had!
Mortgage Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 5, 2018
New Penn is a dream job. Everything about it provides a high level of satisfaction. It is a company that truly puts its customers and employees first.

With the fastest turn around times in the industry (and in my experience), it allows for a very satisfied customer experience.

New Penn has also exceeded all of my personal expectations since starting July 31, 2017.

Best in class!
Productive and fun work place
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 26, 2018
NewPenn Financial provides all the tools for success a mortgage loan officer needs.

The local management team is superior and easy to work and talk with.

I would highly recommend any loan officer seeking employment consider New Penn Financial and the Columbia, MD office as an employment option.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Limited number of employees...If there is a slot do not take to long considering your options.
Productive and Fun place to work
Retail Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 25, 2018
You were recognized for your hard work and accomplishments. Stood strong behind their company Mission Statement. Would have cookouts and parties for all employees showing their gratitude
Cons
Pay
pay isn't great and you won't learn much
secondary marketing (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJune 18, 2018
pay isn't great and you won't learn much. the job isn't difficult at all, and the learning curve is pretty small. layoffs happen frequently especially if the company doesn't meet its sales targets.
Great working environment
Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 11, 2018
No complaints had a wonderful time working with this company. I worked with a wonderful team of individuals and management was always helpful when needed.
Staffed improperly
Mortgage Loan Closer (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 18, 2018
Management overturn is HUGE problem. Lack of commitment to train and address corporate policies that enable employees to be successful in their jobs. Tools provided to complete job are at best unstable.
Pros
Fellow Employees
Cons
Work Life Balance. No regard for personal life
Productive fun place to work
Mortgage Loan Originator (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHMay 9, 2018
All the support I've been looking for since I started as an LO. I have found here at New Penn. I look forward to working and growing here for many years
New Penn Financial is a Joke !!!
Senior Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 28, 2018
New Penn Financial does not care about its employees, your only a number to them. Management is very poor and does not care.
I was a top producer there for few years but eventually I realized they do not care to promote you they just want to keep you in your current position and do not care about giving you advancement even when I earned it, so I left.
Fast paced and busy
Senior Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNApril 10, 2018
Great loan processing manager. Processing manager answered all questions when help was needed. Offsite training staff was helpful when I needed to get questions answered.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
Too many checklist to complete. Bonuses based on audits
Productive workplace
Account Manager II (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAMarch 30, 2018
Great environment with professional management. The hardest part of the job was when business was slow. The culture was positive and there was room for growth.
Jr Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMarch 26, 2018
management is very strong and set in their ways. Have high standards and are unwilling to compromise in terms of productivity. Have no problem letting those who don't meet productivity go.
Stressful environment with very little compensation
Manager, Client Origination Services (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMarch 25, 2018
No compensation for all the hard stressful work, no incentives and terrible benefits.. only plus is the great location and the wonderful people to work with..
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
low pay, terrible benefits, no employee incentives..
Management truly cares about your performance
Mortgage Consultant (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYMarch 13, 2018
Workplace is very welcoming and warm, management will go out of their way to help you close loans, the people are all laid back and kind, and the policies here are comfortable and accommodating. Have the ability to call our own leads, and are provided leads for free!
Pros
Free bagels on Friday, helpful management, etc.
Great place
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAFebruary 27, 2018
This is a typical sales job. The people who are having fun are those who are closing deals! There is a good deal of cold calling but, claw your way out of the fish tank and it will be a great atmosphere to work in.
Open entry into job market when others close the door
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAFebruary 13, 2018
I had just graduated from college and although I had years of work experience, I had no mortgage experience. They paid for my training, licensing, and continuing education. It gave me a foot in the door to the mortgage industry and was a great stepping stone to a business career.
Pros
Paid licensing and training, flexible schedule, friendly employees, free lunch from time to time
Cons
Heavily commissioned, high turnover, lack of care/interest from upper management, limited advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Penn Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.5

1.4Personal Development

1.4Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight