New Penn Financial Employee Reviews

Staffed improperly
Mortgage Loan Closer (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 18, 2018
Management overturn is HUGE problem. Lack of commitment to train and address corporate policies that enable employees to be successful in their jobs. Tools provided to complete job are at best unstable.
Pros
Fellow Employees
Cons
Work Life Balance. No regard for personal life
Productive fun place to work
Mortgage Loan Originator (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHMay 9, 2018
All the support I've been looking for since I started as an LO. I have found here at New Penn. I look forward to working and growing here for many years
New Penn Financial is a Joke !!!
Senior Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 28, 2018
New Penn Financial does not care about its employees, your only a number to them. Management is very poor and does not care.
I was a top producer there for few years but eventually I realized they do not care to promote you they just want to keep you in your current position and do not care about giving you advancement even when I earned it, so I left.
Productive workplace
Account Manager II (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAMarch 30, 2018
Great environment with professional management. The hardest part of the job was when business was slow. The culture was positive and there was room for growth.
Jr Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMarch 26, 2018
management is very strong and set in their ways. Have high standards and are unwilling to compromise in terms of productivity. Have no problem letting those who don't meet productivity go.
Stressful environment with very little compensation
Manager, Client Origination Services (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMarch 25, 2018
No compensation for all the hard stressful work, no incentives and terrible benefits.. only plus is the great location and the wonderful people to work with..
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
low pay, terrible benefits, no employee incentives..
Management truly cares about your performance
Mortgage Consultant (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYMarch 13, 2018
Workplace is very welcoming and warm, management will go out of their way to help you close loans, the people are all laid back and kind, and the policies here are comfortable and accommodating. Have the ability to call our own leads, and are provided leads for free!
Pros
Free bagels on Friday, helpful management, etc.
Great place
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAFebruary 27, 2018
This is a typical sales job. The people who are having fun are those who are closing deals! There is a good deal of cold calling but, claw your way out of the fish tank and it will be a great atmosphere to work in.
Open entry into job market when others close the door
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAFebruary 13, 2018
I had just graduated from college and although I had years of work experience, I had no mortgage experience. They paid for my training, licensing, and continuing education. It gave me a foot in the door to the mortgage industry and was a great stepping stone to a business career.
Pros
Paid licensing and training, flexible schedule, friendly employees, free lunch from time to time
Cons
Heavily commissioned, high turnover, lack of care/interest from upper management, limited advancement
Great work environment with great employees
Sales (Current Employee) –  Plymouth meeting, PAFebruary 13, 2018
I enjoy very much working with a great company and great environment with fantastic employees. I enjoy the details of my job and the company does really well for providing the tools needed for success and efficiency. I do wish that the advancement was more of the skill set for management versus just certain results. A balance in what the employee can offer overall.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Slow advancement
fun place to work
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  columbia, mdJanuary 1, 2018
it was a fun place to work. it was fast paced and you were rewarded for doing good work. there was a sense of satisfaction from doing your job and doing it well. there was a lot of communication and the loan officers were willing to help where they could.
Great Management and work environment
Mortgage Consultant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 22, 2017
The management and work culture are the best overall aspects of working with New Penn Financial. The company however, is still new to Texas and is experiencing a lot of growing pains. I believe they're still a year to a year and a half from having everything in line that they need to have successful employees.
Pros
Education, Management and Culture
Cons
Money and Distance
Great work place enviroment
Mortgage Loan Originator NMLS # (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYDecember 22, 2017
This is a great company if seeking growth and opportunity . This company will provide you with the tools in order to understand the industry and enable you for a successful career.
Team support
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 20, 2017
I would say one of the best things about New Penn is the commitment you get from your team. That includes the Regional Manager and other Sales Managers. Everybody is willing to get involved to make you successful. It starts with the training for new employees but continues even as you progress through different levels of employment.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasDecember 14, 2017
New Penn is a great place to work! The upper management helps whenever possible. The environment is very enjoyable. The workplace culture is very up beat and every level of employment works together.
Hello
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 14, 2017
This place is a great place to work. Processing and underwritng are the fastest around. They have every product there is, and will not lose a deal to a competitor.
Pros
Everything under the sun.
Cons
Call center environment
Great Place to Work, Opportunity for Career Growth
Executive Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 14, 2017
After being here since 2009 I can honestly say this is a great place to work and has allowed me to advance my career from LO to management. Our compensation is great, our schedule has flexibility, and our management team is constantly looking for ways to get us more leads and help us build our business.
Fantastic company to work for
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PADecember 14, 2017
Fantastic training that will provide education on the mortgage industry and how to succeed. Unlimited earning potential in sales. Fun, team atmosphere. Management always looking to improve systems, processes, and release new loan products.
Pros
Strong career advancement & development opportunities, fair compensation, team atmosphere, positive environment, good culture
People place and products
Division Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHDecember 14, 2017
Great products and pricing. Team atmosphere in local office and corporate office. Upper Management always ready to help out on a day to day basis. Great Culture and wonderful employees.
Pros
Contests for employees, great hard working people
Cons
Decent work environment with good perks
Mortgage Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDNovember 19, 2017
The office is a pit environment, pretty typical of a call center office. Day consists of hoping to convert inbound marketing into applications, then onto workable loans. My personal manager is great, however the higher ups employ a culture of micro managing which trickles down ultimately to the employees. They do offer company lunches and a Christmas contest giveaway that's pretty stacked.
Pros
Free lunches, provided leads
Cons
Micro-managing culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Penn Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.5

1.4Personal Development

1.4Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight