New Seasons Market Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
no room for growth even when they tell you there is.
Prepared Foods Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 15, 2018
they told me from the beginning that they wanted to move me up, but everything I did just got me in to some kind of trouble, from being told to do something by my manager, to the person going behind my mangers back to tell on me for no reason, not a great work environment, as well as corporate doesn't like your personal input on how you can improve a dish / recipe.
The sick time policy sucks
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 15, 2018
You can only have three sick days every 6 months or you get terminated its totally ridiculous. They also dont respect the privacy of peoples illnesses.
Don't do it
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 13, 2018
Management plays favorites all of the time. One person o.j. Th gee grocery team has been protected for years. Multiple claims of racosm, homophobic remarks , bullying and theft. Yet the Management have dinner nothing with any of the complaints made to HR and management.
This environment is toxic and not worth the effort
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Management, discrimination. Very few opportunities for people of color
Best Place to work
Order filler for Online Grocery Delivery (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 13, 2018
The diversity at New Seasons is awesome. It's great to work for such an amazing company and with such a chill culture. Everyone is so nice and helpful.

Great place to work and shop!
Pros
It's a joy to come to work every day
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 22, 2018
Staff and benefits are wonderful. I have never worked for a company with so many pleasant individuals. Wonderful overall experience.I was able to learn about other departments and feel connected to the business and the community.
Pros
Great benefits
A confused company that can find its mojo
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 16, 2018
they present as the friendliest store in town but they are owned by a vulture capital firm that cant find a buyer as there thing is easy to replicate so that is the vibe i think in store positions might be better the pay was super low and took forever to get to the top.so if you don't mind starving after work yea overall it was easy work but just no money.
Pros
free food before it goes bad
Cons
super low pay
Laxed working enviorment
PRICEFILE ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORApril 15, 2018
New Seasons is great in that there is no dress code and all the perks you receive. But if you are not a favorite of all the managers, they will try to get you fired.
Pros
no dress code
Cons
Management plays favorites
Great Culture
Assistant Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAApril 6, 2018
Joined the team, loved the culture but was laid off due to slow California market. It was really sad that our location did not get to open, we had some great talent.
Great people
PRODUCE CLERK (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 28, 2018
You will love your co-workers like family and get all the free pastries you could want, but you will not make enough money to survive in Portland. There is no room for advancement either as raises are miniscule and only come up annually.
great work environment
LEAD CLERK (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 28, 2018
I had an excellent experience working at New Seasons. Management genuinely cares about the employees. Fun and interesting co-workers. Excellent benefits - almost too good; would have rather made a little more in hourly wage but had the best health insurance I have ever had
Productive, great environment
Perishable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 21, 2018
This by far is my favorite place to have worked in, management was great, the environment was great, they took the time to train employees, learned alot from working with this company, it was really hard to say goodbye, we all became a family not just us employees but the customers did too.
Not very friendly to new employees
Assistant Meat Dept. Manager (Former Employee) –  Happy Valley, CAFebruary 26, 2018
I worked in a very organized dept. which was nice.
The people in it were of the worst sort. I came in as Assistant Manager and was not welcomed at all by the staff. They went out of there way to make my job a unbearable.
One of the cleanest dept.s I have worked but with the worst people.
Pros
Clean Shop
Cons
Terrible people
Fun and positive place to work
Grocery Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 23, 2018
This place is full of positive attitudes and it's a lot of fun to be here. They do so much more for their employees than any other grocery store. I would definitely recommend working here.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 17, 2018
Love working here. Only work 40 hours a week in a salaried management position. Amazing!
Great benifits and work life balance, staff discounts and you get to wear jeans to work.
Pros
Discount, scheduling, benefits
Cons
Newer company undergoing growing pains
Love this place
Deli Service Manager/Deli Clerk/Freight Crew (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 15, 2018
Place is amazing. I worked there for years and loved it. Met tons of great people that are still my friends to this day. I was able to work in multiple departments.
NS does some things really well, but there are gaps
Front End (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 15, 2018
New Seasons knows how to hire quality. They deserve their reputation as the "friendliest store in town" and their value of contributing to the community is legit.

However, in my opinion, there are some real HR gaps; in the onboarding, training and review process, in particular as noted below.

Majority of training is provided by peers, which doesn't always result in accuracy, or strength in performance.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Leadership lack of skill and training gaps
Very ineffective leadership
Seasonal Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORFebruary 9, 2018
As a temp it is your responsibility to know how to do everything yet the leadership constantly ensured that was not the case. When you ask for feedback, it is given in a way that is made to make you look bad while they look good.
Once great company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 4, 2018
While there are still many wonderful things about the company, including benefits like medical insurance, discounts on groceries, and amazing coworkers, it is unfortunately not the great company it once was. The culture of the stores and company have changed from a once proudly independant operator known for being genuine, to another run of the mill high-end grocery store focused primarily on profit.
Pros
benefits, coworkers
Cons
Executive leadership
Cook (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 29, 2018
New seasons was a great place to work. They hire people based on personality and because of that, everyone I worked with was extremely friendly and helpful.
Great people to work with, and excellent benefits.
Prepared foods department (Former Employee) –  Happy Valley, ORJanuary 22, 2018
A fun place to work with great co-workers, but not a challenging environment to work in. There were some opportunities for advancement but were limited.
Pros
20% percent discount and great benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Seasons Market. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight