New Seasons Market Employee Reviews in Lake Oswego, OR

I Love New Seasons
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORMarch 30, 2019
I have worked for New Seasons for almost 5 years and I still am very proud to work for this company.
This is not to say that I agree with every single thing they do, but it's still a company with a heart compared to many others. The benefits are out of this world. Amazing. People are genuine here.

I feel that I am treated with respect. My voice is heard. My pay is commensurate with what I actually do in my job. It's still not enough to really survive in Portland, but that's on me not choosing a wealthier career choice. I get paid for what I do- which is not brain surgery. The people that work here are like family and people work hard.

My only complaints: We have had a difficult time with a few of our Assistant Store Managers over the past couple of years as some of them just don't know how to communicate or manage. Another complaint would be that some department managers are placed in roles without any real experience so they make terrible ineffective managers.
Some department managers have a revolving door of employees and yet it may take years for upper management to finally see that its the department manager. Eventually its figured out but it seems to take a while. Maybe that's because upper management wants to think the best of people? Or they just don't want to see it?

If I leave New Seasons tomorrow, I will be sad because its a positive, friendly, supportive place to work. I will always look back at my time as a really good one. I have enjoyed my direct managers and appreciate the humor, the ability to laugh at things, and the heart that if someone makes
  more... a mistake, it's okay... what did you learn from it? It's a great company.  less
Pros
Friendly Supportive Kind Company to work for and the BENEFITS!
Cons
Some Department Managers Need Management Training Classes
Laxed working enviorment
PRICEFILE ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORApril 15, 2018
New Seasons is great in that there is no dress code and all the perks you receive. But if you are not a favorite of all the managers, they will try to get you fired.
Pros
no dress code
Cons
Management plays favorites
Very ineffective leadership
Seasonal Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORFebruary 9, 2018
As a temp it is your responsibility to know how to do everything yet the leadership constantly ensured that was not the case. When you ask for feedback, it is given in a way that is made to make you look bad while they look good.
Great Company!
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORJuly 4, 2017
Great company with a compassionate culture. The benefits are great. I love working with such a diverse culture and meeting new interesting people. I love New Seasons.
A productive and lively workplace with a team of experienced coworkers.
Deli Clerk/Barista (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORFebruary 6, 2017
I worked as a deli clerk and a barista. I prepared food, provided customer service, made customers sandwiches and drinks. I learned how to work in a kitchen. I also learned how to work well in teams the most in this job. The management was fabulous.
The hardest part of the job was learning all new kinds of positions in the department.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a great team and being able to meet new people everyday.
Pros
10% discount on groceries, full benefits
Cons
No cons.
Overall a good place to work
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORJanuary 3, 2017
Many of the employees there are good, easy to work with people. Management varies between departments and stores, some being better than other. Some of the customers there can be difficult, but most are pretty enjoyable to interact with.
Not so good
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, OROctober 25, 2015
A typical day at work started with showing up at 6am to find that no food preperations or supplies needed to have a successful smooth day had been done. Most of the time at least 2 to 3 people would have called in sick. The work load involved in trying to make up for the extreme lack of supplies needed would be extremely over whelming.When I would bring up problems that could be easily fixed managers would point the finger somewere else, they would never take any responsibilty and nothing would change. Being one of the stronger employees when It came to production and customer service I found myself doing at least twice the amount of work as one of the other Deli employees. I also had a very very hard time securing a schedule that met my families needs. For almost a year and a half I struggled to get any small piece of a decent schedule that would allow me real quality time at home with my kids. I had multiple meetings with store management regarding the fact that with my schedule I wouldn't see my kids for about 4 days at a time. It was very damaging to my home life. When I started to ask questions and bring attention this fact, always respectfully in order to find a solution without causing another problem for myself, I felt I started to be targeted as a trouble maker. I feel that when I started I was told it was a lifestyle company, that they would work with you and your family's needs, and that ended up being completely not the case.The company towards the end of my employment had hiring freezes, leaving a small amount of employees to do the work load of what it would  more... take twice the amount of people to do. All that counted to them was the bottom line and how much money they made that day regardless of how it was affecting our health and our family's. I became increasingly stressed out and physically unhealthy. My son had some problems with depression. I made it very clear that I needed to be home in order to help him through his period of depression. He started cutting himself at one point. I'll never forget a meeting that I had with a New Seasons store manager in which my son's problem, that could have led to suicide, as well as my family's situation in dealing with this matter was compared to letting someone go from work early so that they wouldn't be late from band practice.
I will miss the benefits. But when I tried to stick up for what I knew was right and needed for my family to be happy and healthy instead of just going along with the new corperate mentality I found myself becoming a target. It ended up being one of the worst work environments or jobs I have ever had. I would see people who had no family's, kids striaght out of colledge with no family, get positions, or promotions for what seemed like no reason, or schedules that people like myself had been asking for for a long time, almost like it was a spite for trying to achieve better hours or situations for our family's. A lot changed about 2 years ago when New Seasons was taken over by new management and they went through a "remodle"
So many amazing truly friendly people left by the droves and some really nasty mean people started to take there place. It truly seemed like everything New Seasons started on and stood for, the reasons they were wildly succesful for in the first place were going out the window because of the new and encroaching bottom line.
Pros
Benefits package, liberal sick policy
Cons
Lack of advancement, lack of leadership and support, backstabbing corperate metality, over wokred, not enough staff
Great job, would recommend to anyone
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORAugust 13, 2015
At this job I learned a LOT about customer service, and it really forced me to hone in on my people skills which was great. The people in management positions were always ready to help out wherever they were needed just like everyone else, and that made things run a lot smoother since it's such a busy place. Overall, a really fun job.
Pros
Great employee discount, great work environment