New Seasons Market Employee Reviews for Produce Clerk

Great people
PRODUCE CLERK (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 28, 2018
You will love your co-workers like family and get all the free pastries you could want, but you will not make enough money to survive in Portland. There is no room for advancement either as raises are miniscule and only come up annually.
Great people, very diverse
Cook, Value Added Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 1, 2018
I like New Seasons a lot. I don't do much customer service since I work behind the scenes in a production capacity, so I get less "Retail Stress".
The benefits are great, the discount is super and they attract wonderful people.
Very friendly enviroment, great management
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 24, 2016
The staff are very friendly and always show concern for each others well being. Everyone greets each other upon starting a work shift. Team work is applied and meetings are held daily to ensure everyone is heard. Management is very friendly and is always there when you need them. The hardest part of this job is getting the shift and hours you need and the most enjoyable part would be learning something new and sampling product everyday.
Overworked and stressed out
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 5, 2015
A typical work day is exhausting! We don't have enough help and we are being overworked and taken advantage of on a daily basis. What I've learned is that once a company goes corporate all the great things about a job fade and you are not able to trust anyone in upper management. I do love the majority of my co workers although so many have left out of the same frustrations that I have. The hardest part of the job is the fact the we are an extremely busy grocery store and as they cut jobs and do not replace those positions we are constantly over worked to the point of exhaustion and high stress levels. It is not healthy. The best part of the job are the customers. Especially the kids and the seniors who always help put a smile on my face no matter how overwhelmed I might be. It has made me realize that I must move on and find a more fulfilling career and that for me at this point is working with the elderly...I have always had a soft spot for them since I was a little girl. And after having held my Grandmothers hand while she passed away in Hospice and seeing how amazing the people are that took care of her I have a interest in helping others just like the people did with my Grandmother. My Mother was also there holding her while she passed and now volunteers at Hospice and loves being there. We are a family with big hearts and that's where I would rather spend my days versus unhappy and stressed out at the grocery store.
Pros
benefits package and some coworkres
Cons
overworked, taken advantage of, stressed out, miserably unhappy workplace
Friendly place to work with a wonderful sense of community
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 31, 2014
Wonderful co workers that kept the work atmosphere enjoyable and entertaining.
Hardest part of the job would have to be the repetitive motion involved in almost any position.
Most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the amount of local, organic, and high quality foods and goods sold.
Pros
Fabulous humans
Cons
Upper managements lack of involvement and exclusionary tactics.