New Seasons Market Employee Review

View all New Seasons Market reviews

A place with a great heart, but sadly lacking in true leadership.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 7, 2018
I have not been with the company long and I have had over 6 schedule changes. They pride themselves on providing work life balance, but aren't very good on the follow through.
The morale is low, attendance is an issue, no food safety training, and an overall lack of awareness from upper management on the day to day issues.
They allow bullying of employees, falsification of records, quantity of employees versus quality, drug and alcohol use during scheduled hours. Upper management is not held accountable and provides poor examples in morals, standards, and ethical behavior especially around the holidays when business ramps up. My direct supervisor told me that I would not see my family the week of Thanksgiving due to the needs of the business.
New Seasons would be an exceptional place to work if they looked to their people who show up every day and care about what they do for ways of improving their business.
Pros
Free food, discounts, lot of good solid employees
Cons
Earned PTO/Paid Sick Time connected, poor leadership, inexperienced leadership; its not what you know, but who you know; no training, no follow through, no accountability

Other New Seasons Market Employee Reviews

Great culture
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 25, 2019
New Seasons was an amazing experience. The reason I left was to relocate to North Carolina in order to be closer to my children. The workplace culture was breathtaking. Management was a joy to work for and extremely supportive. The hardest part of my job managing was when people called in sick and left the team short handed. The most enjoyable part of working for this company was the daily time spent with upper management and their ability to not only coach you through scenarios but also their ability to welcome fresh ideas and listen in order for the team to be successful.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 20, 2019
NSM offers great opportunities for advancement as well as very solid compensation and benefits program
They are also a company that align with my values making the work more rewarding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Seasons Market. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight