New Seasons Market Employee Reviews

Great People - Great Culture
AP Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 28, 2017
Company really cares about their impact on their community. Free lunch provided about once a month. They were going through a computer system upgrade but they still had a relaxed atmosphere. Wish I still worked there!
Pros
Great People - Great Culture
Cons
Job was temporary
Extremely over sensitive
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee) –  Mercer Island, WASeptember 22, 2017
They will single people out, two face, discriminate, not caring of feelings, they don't listen, nor do they care to, they don't pay attention to what they say, very corporate like. This store has had over 4000 employees since it opened in November of 2016, looking for another job.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Everything else
Ridiculous!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mercer Island, WASeptember 15, 2017
Management has all come and gone. They can't keep anyone. Constantly hiring and firing. No one seems to want to show up. They smile in your face then stab you in the back. Can't trust anyone. Insane culture of how great they are when they really suck. Hiring of ex con's then giving them job preference over those good honest folks is disturbing.
Pros
some free 'expired' food
Cons
hard to get to by bus, inconsistent management.
Super fun place to work
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 9, 2017
When I was there it was a great place to work, but I could see the company culture changing and it is not for the best. Unfortunately I don't know exactly where the future is for the company, but when I was there it was enjoyable and management seemed to care about everyone. Blue slips are the best perk
Pros
great discount, paid time off
Cons
very strict attendance policy, free food (blue slips)
Gtrat Place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mercer Island, WASeptember 7, 2017
Wonderfully diverse culture, great mission statement, but work hours scheduling is lacking. There is no consistent days/hours which makes planning personal meetings/appt. challenging .
Good intentions, growing pains
Grocery Lead (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 1, 2017
NSM wants only the best for its employees and customers, and company policies reflect that. They value diversity and a positive work environment. On the other hand, the investor owners are doggedly set on growing the company as large as possible, as fast as possible, presumably with the aim of selling it off, and that necessarily results in some blind spots and cut corners in management, training, and communication.
Pros
Decent benefits, good discount, positive work environment
Cons
Not great training or advancement, chain management bumbling
Terrible place to work, be prepared to be harassed if your a female
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORAugust 24, 2017
A typical day was coming into work with 1-5 people calling out, being a cutter and more experienced employee I had to fill in for all aspects of the department. I was constantly harassed by my fellow employee's for being a female meat cutter and having to use the bathroom.I was ready to leave the moment I started. The most and probably only enjoyable part of my job was the free food and good EXPENSIVE health insurance. I've been working in grocery for nearly 8 year's and I've yet to see a company struggle so much. There rapidly expanding and not focusing on the stores they already have. I've never worked in such a dirty and unethical department. Do yourself a favor and go work else where.
Pros
Health insurance, free rotten food, no dress code
Cons
Harassment, lack of caring from management.
It's changed for the worse.
Deli (Current Employee) –  PortlandAugust 9, 2017
The company used to be great to work for. It had great ethics and morals. Now things are just spiraling down. People getting fired over small things or mistakes when said people had contributed so much to the company and because they believed in those morals. We were swindeled so to speak. Profit share is a joke now. Benefits are disappearing. 'Corporate' style is taking over and the employees are the ones taking the hit as well as customers.
Pros
Blue slip(free product that's close to expiration.)
Cons
Alot.
great company
Produce Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 8, 2017
This a great company to work for with lots of growth opportunities. If you like working with great food, great people, and in a diverse work environment this is a the place for you.
eh
LEAD CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 18, 2017
I am ready to leave. This company is becoming extremely corporate. The review system is flawed. They are taking out many of the desired management positions. Basically labor is getting cut and the company is caring less for the employee and more about profit margins and bonuses.
Pros
Great benefits, fun work environment, bad raise program and reviews are not well set up.
Cons
They are cutting down management jobs.
Manager singled employees out during meetings.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 16, 2017
A typical day was full of stress due to the fact that you had separate expectations from various sources (multiple managers, employees, etc.). These expectations were extremely unrealistic and made the job very stressful and seemingly impossible. When i was doing something wrong it would be silently noted by my manager and only brought up in our group meetings where i would be singled out along with my coworkers.
Pros
Good Pay, Several good employees, wonderful benefits
Cons
Poor management, unrealistic expectations, multiple expectations.
New seasons used to be a great company to work for until new CEO and investors took over a while back
Cheesemonger (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJuly 10, 2017
I love working cheese however it definitely not the same company I started with. Things keep changing and not for the better. The work load keeps growing without compensation, benefits keep disappearing every year, lifestyle scheduling and full time is becoming nonexistent, customer service is a downward spiral and it's harder to move up especially with the new store structure they are planning. New seasons used to live by "take care of our employees and they will take care of our customers" however they have proven they do not feel this way anymore.
Pros
Blue slip
Cons
Money/sales driven, small raises, hard to advance, no care about customer's requests, consistantly changing products
Great Company!
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORJuly 4, 2017
Great company with a compassionate culture. The benefits are great. I love working with such a diverse culture and meeting new interesting people. I love New Seasons.
Hard Work
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 14, 2017
A lot of work every day, wish they paid better considering there is so much work every day. They do offer raises annually after review of your performance.
Great Coworkers
Baker (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 7, 2017
If you are interested in the New Seasons Market culture DO NOT WORK AT CENTRAL KITCHEN. It is a giant warehouse where you will basically be a living robot.
stocker
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 6, 2017
was temp job for few weeks for Oregon state program to show my job skill so did stocking cleaning duties and helping customers so worked morning shift and did facing and stocking freezers and breaking down boxes
busy store, love my customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 28, 2017
My store was so busy, we had to stay on our toes. We had to know produce codes, and load and pack the bags while retaining a conversation with customers with a smile on your face at the same time. Very easy job but how busy it becomes, it makes the job go by faster.
Pros
the pay was great!
Cons
no parking
Good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 25, 2017
Courtesy Clerk: where I bagged groceries, brought in carts from outside, cleaned deli seating area, counted bottle returns, cleaned the store at closing and helped people out to their cars. I received a promotion from courtesy clerked to cashier, where I scan groceries and transactions.
Great culture
Price File Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Happy Valley, ORApril 16, 2017
I have enjoyed working for this company. The amount of years I have been employed there is proof of that. They offer good benefits to their employees.
Enjoyable, Opportunity, a company with a vision
Grocery Manager (Former Employee) –  University Park, Portland, OregonApril 9, 2017
I Have workd for New Seasons Market for 6 years before I took a personal leave. All I gotta say is that I wish I woulda never left, great company...(drop mic) :)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Seasons Market. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight