NEW WORLD VAN LINES Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Working together
Mover helper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2018
The days are wonderful at work time moves and we have to make sure we get the furniture out on time and promptly. I enjoy my lunch breaks and I learned every house/apartment is not the same bulit structure and I enjoy the weekly pay and if the mangers would communicate with employees it would run smoothly
Pros
Seeing the world
Cons
Being away from family long periods
The Best Moving Company In The Business
Driver/Mover (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 17, 2018
I have been a mover/driver now for 15 years, the past 3 have been with New World. I must say this is by far the best moving company I have ever worked for. Everyone here works hard to get the job done and we have a good time doing it. This company treats there employees well and truly cares about the customers needs.
Pros
Good money, 40+hours a week, Benefits, Fast yet fun paced enviroment
Cons
Travel at times, Can be tiring
Productive and fulfilling place to work
Mover/Helper (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 16, 2018
This is a great place to work!! The company culture and environment is very positive and everyone here works together as a team to get the job done. I have been working here for 6 years now and have learned so much about the industry. I would highly recommend this company to anyone who is interested in moving industry. The work is hard and tiring but is very rewarding at the end of the day!
Pros
Good Pay, Grreat team, Bonus inventives
Cons
Traveling, Tiring at times
Positive environment, plenty of growth potential
Driver (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAMarch 22, 2018
Great place to work. Sold group of employees. Management is very engaged and focused on investing in the growth of their staff. There are always plenty of hours available to work.
Pros
Good pay and benefits, growth opportunities
Cons
Tough job, at times long days
challenging and rewarding
Mover/Helper (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, CODecember 5, 2017
Duties included packing, loading, unloading, unpacking of household goods. I learned how to be patient given the circumstances were always changing. My manager was open and receptive.the workplace was as diverse as the clientele we worked with. It was hard work but worth the satisfaction of seeing clients happy in there new home.
Pros
traveled country
Cons
being away from my family
Good Place to work for
HR Talent Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 20, 2017
It was a good place to work for but not a lot of room for job advancement, great benefits package, but a lot of things are old fashioned there. They need to update some processes.
Not a good work environment
Driver/Mover (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHOctober 26, 2017
No advancement if you don't drive a tractor they don't care about you been here over 10 years and still at 16 a hour other people can affect your pay and numbers
Racism and poor management
Mover (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 19, 2017
Management is very poor a lot of racism from the manager and if u ain't he's friend you're screwed because you ain't getting no work or hours he only cares about he's boys that's it.
Pros
Ok pay for pay plan
Cons
Manager sucks
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 9, 2017
I enjoy working for New World Van lines, and would recommend it to anyone interested in this line of work. *******************************************
no family time or ever being home
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAMay 12, 2017
The pay for this job is amazing but the time you have to invest to get it takes away from you ever having a steady life or ever having any type of real realationship.
No room for advancement and poor pay
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOApril 7, 2017
Office Manager would be a good job with proper training, and better pay. Be prepared to bring home less than $450 a week. The men bicker a lot too. There is a lot of tattling and adults acting like kids. Also, beware of the older lady in the office! She can be very rude and will throw you under the bus every chance she gets. There is also a lot of interoffice bickering.
Pros
OM is very nice
Cons
Summer is hectic and winter is boring and you might get sent home early.
Good coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 3, 2017
Good thing about NW is the people you work with are awesome. That's it. Management knows nothing and they hover over you especially the Innovation Officer. He's a joke.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Management knows nothing at all
great place to earn money
professional relocation specialist (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHFebruary 24, 2017
New world is a very respectable company looking to put you in a position to max your earning potential. life on the road is tough and the daily activities are demanding. My experience with new world is one I wont forget and carry with me in every career I might hold.
Pros
travel, hotels, money
Cons
you are responsible for your earnings. work hard earn more.
Summer Help
Summer Helper (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJJanuary 24, 2017
A good place to work, hard work but decent pay and a friendly group of people to work with. Sometimes it can be a bit hectic but usually it's calm and you can do things at a comfortable pace.
Cons
Long days if you're out of the warehouse
my time
RELOCATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 21, 2017
I enjoyed my time there. The management was not the best but as a whole the company ran very well. over all it is a good company to work for.
Impossible scheduling
Relocation Specialist- Class A driver/ Lead Mover (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 29, 2016
Old broke down equipment, 120 hour work weeks, unwillingness to help you complete jobs in time given. Complete disregard to safety, labor laws, and hours of service regulations. Continuous confusion and run around about pay and bonuses. Theft of bonuses. Good luck with reimbursements. NO employee value or worth.
customer service
Payroll Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 7, 2016
new world van lines is a great place to work. great environment and best employess. you are process between 30-100 drivers a day. making sure they pay checks are correct, hours are in, anything incomplete , mileage , and making sure drivers are taking care of. great people to be around, very enjoyable.
Best manager ever
Active Warehouse Manager / Lead Driver (Current Employee) –  Sumner, WADecember 3, 2016
Best manager i ever had great people work with very hard work constant work never a dull moment would work there again. Owner is inexperienced when it comes to moving industry basically he wouldnt be able to keep up with us and wed have to send him home.
this job was easy money
Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 13, 2016
I liked this job the work was easy and we got paid every Friday
the hours on the other hand were long somedays and other days if we were slow you got sent home.

I worked with a great group of guys I had a lot of fun at this job
Paying as slaves
Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAJune 10, 2016
After working for this company for a month I deside to quit afte treatment like a slave and being paid pennies.
They cheat the customers adding more weight to their jobs
That's the reason they have their own scale at the warehouse to play with the weight and i have pictures to proof if anyone needed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NEW WORLD VAN LINES. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.4InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

1.0Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight