New York Cancer and Blood Specialists Employee Reviews

Very great company
Employee (Current Employee) –  Suffolk County, NYFebruary 5, 2019
Company is growing at a rapid pace. Everyone on this thread complaining are just babies and don't know a hard days work. It takes hard work to advance. If you work hard, you get noticed. There is room for advancement if you are patient. I am very thankful to be an employee here.
Pros
Free lunches every day, Pension Plan, Company sponsored events
Cons
Long work days for management
Horrible
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Suffolk County, NYJanuary 18, 2019
No communication, favoritism is shown highly throughout, no one teaches you so if you don’t figure it out on your own, you’re done. Lack of appreciation. Management doesn’t care to know you- you’re just another person. No one helps you out here. The negatives completely outweigh the positives. As a former employee, the way I was treated caused me to relocate my treatment as a patient as well. The doctors for the most part are awesome to work with, however, the HR staff is not worth it. I can’t say enough about how much I dislike this place. Though the pay is way above average, I would never work here again.
Pros
Free lunches, pay rate
Cons
Cliquey, no communication, no training
Great work envirnment
Therapist (Current Employee) –  NYJanuary 4, 2019
NY Cancer and Blood Specialists is a great place to work. Employees treat every patient with the love and care that they need. Doctors truly care about their patients and provide the best for them.
Pay is great , watch your back , don’t think management will help you. They’ll set you up faster than el chapo
administrative (Former Employee) –  Setauket, NYDecember 22, 2018
This place is hilarious
You’re not going to get in unless you know someone. Management is a joke , billing department needs to re look whose running that dept. You could follow every rule and go beyond for the patients , management doesn’t like you , you’re done . No job security. So much gossip it’s horrendous. Higher ups should act more to help their employees and speak to them rather then how they work. HR a department is not for the employees, it’s for the management
As a PRACTICE, they are for their patients .. as a place of employment, would never recommend.
Pros
They pay higher than most, catered lunch
Cons
You’ll be miserable
HR Department very helpful.
RN (Current Employee) –  Setauket-East Setauket, NYNovember 26, 2018
The Human Resources department is extremely helpful and cares about their employees. The benefits are great they have 100% tuition reimbursement. The offices are very nice and I love working with the patients. Very nice coworkers and free food! They pay is very good as well.
Pros
HR Dept., pay nice patients.
Dynamic, progressive company
Medical Professional (Current Employee) –  Suffolk County, NYNovember 2, 2018
There is never a dull moment working here as it is fast-paced and exciting. I like keeping busy so it's worked out for me. My managers have good leadership skills and my coworkers are easy to work with. I am very happy being part of a company that offers so much career advancement due to it's exponential growth!
Pros
Dynamic, ever-growing, great people to work with
Cons
Things are ever changing, but not in a bad way
Some very sweet people working here
Medical Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 29, 2018
Run!! The office in New York has a highly stressful work environment. Some of the doctors get in your face and yell and get out right disrespectful. The office manager is also disrespectful and nasty body language to go along with it. The labratory has major problems from IT to management. No matter what you do you are always wrong! Never in my life did i feel less then valuable in a work place. Everyone is a Medical assistant given a fancy title (not qualified)
Pros
You get to go home
Cons
You have to come back.
Management is horrible bad communication no one knows what’s going on
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Setauket-East Setauket, NYOctober 28, 2018
Run from this place no job security bad management people always worried about what your doing instead of doing there own job free lunch but then people talk about some people taking lunches the headache isn’t worth it
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Bad management no job security
very cut throat competitive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NYAugust 30, 2018
I would make sure that everything that was asked from me was done to the best of my ability in a high volume office.
Poorly run office with expatentions were impossible to meet.
Lab management is very poor
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Setauket, NYSeptember 11, 2017
Fast paced and very hard to learn in the lab setting i dont recommend working in the lab due to the management and their poor social skills and how the manager of the lab treats staff every other position would be amazing all other managers are easy to work with and as long as you do your job you'll be fine
Pros
free lunches, school reimbursement, very easy schedule
Cons
Lab workers not treated fairly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New York Cancer and Blood Specialists. Our community is ready to answer.

New York Cancer and Blood Specialists Reviews by Location