New York City Department of Citywide Administrative Services

New York City Department of Citywide Administrative Services Employee Reviews

a typical work day
A typical day would start in the restrooms changing supplies as needed wiping down sinks, toilet seats ,floors, sweeping and mopping changing trash linens in cubicles.
Productive and collaborative place to work. Great benefits and great pay. Fast paced environment with room for improvement. Never boring fulfilling and changing work everyday.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Can be stressful
Ability to meet established goals and deadlines,communication skills,quality and accuracy of work attendance and dependability problem-solving skills,
Your job is so much more than a paycheck; it's a place you go to improve your skill set, contribute to the greater good, and collaborate with other awesome people. If you get a sinking feeling whenever you think of your job, listen to your gut—it's telling you something important that you should pay attention to. Could you use some help finding your happy place.
Pros
excellent health insurance
Cons
inadequate financial compensation
Relaxed and Mostly Slow Paced
Interned under operating engineers, which just involved watching and maintaining Boilers, Cooling Towers, Large AC units, and pumps.Typical day involved making rounds at the beginning of the shift, moving materials or cleaning, then a last set of rounds to end. Experiences WILL differ.
Pros
Commutable
Cons
Grunt work, if you don't have work ethic.
Basically a day at work
A typical day at work starts early in the morning befor the sun rises and ends late right after the sun goes down. We do not get breaks we are not allowed to eat inside of classrooms.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Fast pace, low pay
Underpaid for the amount of work and time spent. Management is great and appreciates hard work. I often enjoy helping others on their way to success. Good experience.
Benefit
I like this job but due to my family problem I could not continue this job. I i get this job again then I will continue. It is very good for health and also it has lot of benefit here.
busy
Its a good job if you like to clean a lot and if you have a ability to push heavy things around. Its a job or a career for men because they have the energy for this type of work.
Civil Service
Typical Civil Service Cronyism and mentality. Upper management is not interested in doing what is in the best interests of all concerned. Conscience is in the gutter
Amazing.
I fell IN LOVE with the work environment. Amazing staff, beautiful view of the city from the top floors. I loved every second I worked ad an intern...
Pros
Great workspace, amazing workers
Cons
Elevators can take a while
Great working a city job
The people I have worked with have very nice and professional, Its all about doing your job and going home at the end of the day, It can get boring sometimes with a lot of standing and watching but a job is a job.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
A Lot of standing
Good working environment
Good starting as a NYC worker. Nice environment to grow. The workers are pleasant. The benefit packages are superb. For now I am very happy about the job which I know will lead me to greater heights.
Invaluable experience
It was an invaluable experience. Management was very willing to help me learn and grow in daily tasks such as archiving, ffiling memo writing and researching.
Productive Workplace
Typical day involves clerical and customer service duties. Management and co-workers are very supportive and understanding to your schedule. Learned about customer service and other citywide regulations
learned alot about the laws
this job taught me how little we as people understand the laws. We have no idea how peoples rights are taken advantage of.When you deal with the public and educate them you are amazed how people respond.
Pros
experince
Internship
The people there helped me gain credit for my internship and to secure a position working there while in high school. Great experience, learned about the city and building requirements.
Land Use Planning
Manage City-owned properties
Prepare ULURP application materials

GIS analysis and site search
Pleasant environment
- Typical day Always a little different than the previous testing areas and always a chance to learn more and become better at the job.

- Learned more about people and new and better ways to do the job.

- Management is knowledgeable and always willing to help.

- Co- workers are pleasant and knowledgeable for the most part.

- Hardest part of the job is make sure all documents are in order and papers are filled out properly.

- Most enjoyable part of the job is when the applicants understand what I am trying to show them and then watch them do it.
Pros
It's only a part time job
Cons
very low pay scale
Productive and diversified good workplace to be with.
Jobs satisfactorily done everyday.
Good people to be with despite of cultural backgrounds.

We respect each other.
Great Job
Great pay and benefits. A lot to learn and great co workers. Decent overtime available. Management takes care of their employees.
Pros
City benefits
Cons
Excellent Environment to expand job skills.
I have worked there for years and enjoy helping others as a Test Proctor.
Cons
Only Periodically.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at New York City Department of Citywide Administrative Services. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3
4.2
New York City Department of Citywide Administrative Services Reviews by Location