New York City Fire Department Careers and Employment
Salary estimated from 45 employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed.
What would you say about your employer?
People have asked 19 questions about working at New York City Fire Department. See the answers, explore popular topics and discover unique insights from New York City Fire Department employees.
Insights from 18 Indeed users who have interviewed with New York City Fire Department within the last 5 years.
Written test, physical agility test, 1000+ question psychological test and interview, extensive background investigation.
Written test, physical agility...
The civil service exam for EMTs and EMS Trainees is offered about once a year. It is scored based on education and experience. DCAS will contact each applicant regarding their official score and list number. Applicants will be put on the appropriate civil service list in list number order. You will need to pass Physical Ability Test Background/Character Investigation Medical and Psychological Testing. Complete the 13 week of EMS Academy..
The civil service exam for EMT...
Experience, background check, certifications.
Experience, background check, ...
Select a topic to see what people are saying about different issues
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- Parents and caregiversExplore parental leave policies and other benefits, company culture and general support.
- Internships and graduate programsExplore support and satisfaction with programs for new and emerging graduates.
- COVID-19 responseExplore leadership during COVID-19, working conditions and WFH support.
- Accessibility, Disability and AccommodationExplore employer support and available accommodations for people with disabilities.