New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation Employee Reviews

Very busy Emergency Room
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY 11225June 13, 2018
HHC offers flex time and as an RN you are able to help patients who are disenfranchised. Staff members work as a team. If you are in school, Management does try to work with your scheduling. Feel very safe working here, even on the night shift.
Pros
Free Health Insurance, team players and proximity to home.
Cons
Short staffed, low pay
Great Opportunity
Associate Director of Sterile Processing (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 30, 2018
More acknowledgement for people in the lower ranks. Unionized. People are the same wherever you go. Working with both staff and nursing units of the facility.
Negative Hostile Atmosphere
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2018
Some managers there were very hostile, rude and put people down calling them stupid etc. Very negative atmosphere. Crowded working conditions. Negative stressful environment. Not a friendly place. There was a lot of confusion and negativity. High turnover. Don't work here if you don't have to. If you do then try it on a contract basis. Managers were disordered and groups were confused.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Negative hostile unfriendly atmosphere, confusion within groups
Productive and challenging place.
Director of Fiscal Affairs (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2018
Productive and challenging place. A great place to create a solid accounting foundation. For the most part you work independently. No micro managers.
Pros
pretax benefits
Cons
very stressful
Good Team
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2018
I really enjoyed working there. Epic was 1.3 Billion project and learned so many new things during implementation. As per my notion, management needs improvement but other then that overall it was a good experience.
This place is rough
ASSISTANT COORDINATING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 2, 2018
You providing service to the public community whom most are addicted to drugs, poor, and uneducated. Management runs around in circles proposing new plans that fall through everyday. There is no real order. Miraculously the places manages to function. The person who hired me is amazing however,
Assistant Coordinating Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 28, 2018
I enjoy working at H&H I have learned a lot and feel good about most of the things that have happened. this is a great please and there are good people.
Pros
insurance
Cons
my current supervisor
Director
Director of Network Food & Nutrition Services (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 28, 2018
Leading a associates located in two different hospitals. My learning was managing expectations while rounding with associates. Work place culture was excellent for how associates worked hard to deliver the best care to the poor and vulnerable patients. Biggest challenge was managing union expectations.
Pros
Passonate and caring staff
Cons
Union expectations
Not such a great place to work
Sr. Associate Director - Hospital (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYJanuary 25, 2018
Between the nepotism, cronyism and the "who's who" it is a difficult position. It's not what you know it's whom you know. to much bureaucracy, no one takes ownership of projects, decisions take way to long to make.
A great place to start your IT career
IT Support Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2018
It's a relaxed environment that will expose you to many different aspects of IT. A typical workday will be checking your emails as soon as you arrive then head to he building your assigned and start resolving tickets. Tickets range from support for a specific application, networking, repairing PC's, collaborating team members to tackle more serious issues and all while providing great customer service.
Pros
Fast paced learning environment
Cons
Very slow on converting contracted workers to hospital employees.
productive
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2018
i have learned about work place violence, respect for every gender, team work, co operation. though there are few challenges which i think is inevitable in every job certain.
Ballanced and Relaxed place to work
Assistant Director of Pathology Department (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2017
Relaxed and not very stressful. typical 8 hour day, 7 hours paid, lunch hour not paid. Union job for non management employees. stress free environment and not too much pressure.
Administrative Summary
Resident (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 15, 2017
Administrative Residency during activation of the NYC Health and Hospital Corporation Able to sit in on high level discussion and decision Making Residency was protracted because of military service requirement. Was able to use my experience in reviewing and correcting some major errors in the program for the hospital and architectural errors.
Learned how decisions are made in a huge health system located in New York and Manhattan NY
Pros
good learning experience
Cons
time too short
Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 8, 2017
Productive, events at the different facilities makes it a fun place, fast paced, environment, management is not always in line with the needs of the employees.
Correctional Health Social Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2017
it's a great place for starters, especially if you just graduated from college. There are great benefits and potential for growth and long term career goals
Unstructured and lack of SMEs
Enterprise Operations Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2017
Majority of the support is through vendor services.
Waste of money on hardware and software purchases that never gets implemented.
Lack of responsibility and knowledge of SMEs in various departments.
Lack of documentations across the IT department.
No IT support in some of the hospitals overnights and/or weekends.
I love the community I serve and my team and I provided a necessary benefit.
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2017
Our service in the Language Assistance Department was necessary for this community which are already undeserved. I loved what we did and who we did if for, however the support from the higher ups was not there and we began to loose the best staff because we could not provide salaries to match the offers they were given from other hospitals.

We in my department worked very well as a team, however this was not the case for the others in the hospital. We worked well with the inner and outer customer however they did not work well with each other. I am referring to upper management.
HHC - Staff Nurse
Staff Nurse, Maternal Child Health Department (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 11, 2017
Great place to gain experience and knowledge working with patients of diverse backgrounds and various psychosocial needs. Management can be frustrating at times, but if you come to work on time and do your job, you should be fine.
I Did Not Like Working Here
Health & Wellness Advisor I (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2017
This company has a very poor work environment. The company offers trainings to improve company culture, but skills are not applied in the workspace.
Pros
Lots of giveaways for employees
Cons
unprofessional work environment
Workplace culture
Mid level manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 17, 2017
There is no well defined corporate culture that this organization is aiming to achieve, and therefore there are no HR/leadership efforts to support one.
Pros
Good benefits. The hours are good.
Cons
Highly political, beaurocratic environment, bad corporate culture, professional development and opportunities for growth are challenging, the people that get ahead seem to be the most unscrupulous.