New York Community Bank Employee Reviews

great people
Financial service associate (Current Employee) –  Sayreville, NJJanuary 30, 2019
it has enabled me to be more approachable to customers.
I was able to learn so much at this bank. I BELIEVE THAT ANYONE WHO JOINS THIS COMPANY ARE BOUND TO DO WELL
Bank is poorly run they should have stayed a small regional n
VP Telecom (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 22, 2018
Senior management treated 23 years of loyal service with total disregard . They share in stock options .... millions of shares.then take back options from the workers given as a gift....those people who advanced in the success of the company... so dissapointed....it's all for them. Drop in the bucket for them.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management
NYCB great place to work in the NY area
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYDecember 18, 2018
Roslyn Savings Bank is a division of NYCB. Working for NYCB in the NY area at Roslyn savings bank, we all felt like one big family. The management and the regionals treated you like a person and cared.
Pros
Fun
No job security
Senior Full Stack Developer (Full) (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYDecember 18, 2018
They don't care about the quality of the application, no willing to upgrade to use new technologies, in IT department there is no long term plan and goals, it looks like there is no direction for the whole department, i think because the most in management team are not technical person, they don't know the technologies, and not listening the advises...
Pros
Nothing free there
Cons
Bad management
Not much to say
Business Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 14, 2018
Management is slow to adapt to market conditions and unable to connect with workers. Personally, I learned nothing on the job. A caveat - I'm an outlier, my position was obsolete almost as soon as I walked in the door.
Pros
It's a bank... Banking holidays are annoying to anyone not working for a bank, but if you are the free days off are nice
Cons
Outdated culture, outdated systems, convoluted corporate hierarchy
Nice place to work
Executive Assistant for CIO (Former Employee) –  Commack, NYDecember 4, 2018
Worked with very technical IT professionals, as it was the IT department at that facility. The CIO was a pleasure to work for always professional and mild mannered.
Pros
employees very nice
Cons
short lunch periods, no windows
Most enjoyable part of job
2VP/Mgr Graphic Design & Collateral Communications (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYNovember 27, 2018
My co-workers were the best part of working at NYCB. We were a tight team and created output in Corporate Communications that either directly benefited the employees, i.e the relationships with entertainment and sports venues that provided free tickets; the employee newsletter that was focused on and contributed to employee engagement.
Pros
The commitment of the employees
Cons
The lack of engagement and shortsightedness of senior management
Typical Day at work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Amityville, NYNovember 15, 2018
I worked at Community National Bank New York when I was a student. Great place to work. Flexible hours. Managers are extremely nice and helpful. Staffs are co-operative.
Too much work,no motivation and the pay is totally not good.
Financial Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYNovember 14, 2018
The place is nice, the people are nice(most of them). There are many things to learn and I always give my best, but it feels like it is for nothing... Management is not how it should be...
Pros
You get a pay check even tough it's not enough
Cons
Work weekends, minimum wage, no motivation, you feel worthless
Productive and fast paced environment
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 22, 2018
Get entire staff ready for the day. Complete all morning reports, assist customers with issues and concerns. Assist employees with getting their sales for the day/week. Learned how to handle difficult and stressful situations that may occur through out the day. Being every employees go to for assistance. Making sure our customers leave the bank satisfied and happy. Assure that employees are in compliance, and customers are all treated fairly and given the best customer service. Hardest part of the job has to be how over whelming the day can get when employees call out. The branch is very busy so customers tend to get inpatient. Best part of the job is seeing my customers leave the bank happy and knowing that they can trust us as their personal bankers.
Pros
Happy customers
Cons
Short staff branches

Want to know more about New York Community Bank?

Ask a question
Snakes
Financial Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodhaven, NYSeptember 20, 2018
All management needs to be retrained and also take a class in civil rights sensitivity. Ask about the managers reputation before excepting the position,
Pros
vacation pay/ sick pay
Cons
Lack of training for seasoned employees and management
Productive place, great people.
Mortgage Underwriting Processor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 17, 2018
It was great to work at NYCB. Local management team was great, very knowledgeable and professional. Excellent team mates, they made me feel at home.
Good health insurance.
On a less positive note, the company did not offer 401K match.
Pros
Partially work from home
Cons
Mortgage division was sold
Good
Trade Service Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYSeptember 6, 2018
A lot of cool people. Not much room for advancement. HR doesn't offer proper salaries and pay to people working and people hiring. Because of this your'e left alone.
good starter job
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2018
NYCB was a great place to get introduced to the world of banking. its a smaller company, the working hours are not to strenuous. they pay could be better. Management was okay when i was there. Tellers process withdrawals and deposit, may have to work the business window but its not to bad just higher quantity of money.
Pros
work hours
Cons
low salary
Great start for students
Financial Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYAugust 21, 2018
work day consists mostly interacting with customers making sure their financial needs are met. Great start for students. Lots of training and learning. Coworkers were fantastic
Pros
good for students, flexible
Cons
salary, benefits
Great Bank to Work For
Teller (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYAugust 9, 2018
This Bank Can Pay Employees More and Give Better Benefits, Like 401K Match! Scheduling is done pretty fairly which is a plus. Overall Great Bank To Work For
Productive Work Place, Coworkers are responsible
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 2, 2018
Overall it's a great work place good environment but there is no room to grow. I'm looking for a job where I can grow and move up in my career. Where I can really show my potential and skill.
Would not recommend
Senior Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 24, 2018
Nycb offered great pay but management was poor and intemdatng . Vacation and sick pay was poor as well as healthcare. There were no room for promotion nor advancement. Alot of time we were threaten with termination
Sold our division
VP (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 22, 2018
This was a nice place to work and I would have loved to retire from this company however they sold off our division and that was the end of that. They are not good with salaries or promotions.
Pros
Cons
The sale of the company
Help Desk
IT HELP DESK TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYJuly 20, 2018
Great place to work. Only there for a short time because of living situation. While I worked there, the manager was always willing to help and give me advice about improving my skills and advancement.
The vibe at this place is relaxed and pleasant. If I moved back to area, I would apply to this place in a heartbeat.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New York Community Bank. Our community is ready to answer.