New York Community Bank Employee Reviews

Good
Trade Service Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYSeptember 6, 2018
A lot of cool people. Not much room for advancement. HR doesn't offer proper salaries and pay to people working and people hiring. Because of this your'e left alone.
good starter job
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2018
NYCB was a great place to get introduced to the world of banking. its a smaller company, the working hours are not to strenuous. they pay could be better. Management was okay when i was there. Tellers process withdrawals and deposit, may have to work the business window but its not to bad just higher quantity of money.
Pros
work hours
Cons
low salary
Great start for students
Financial Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYAugust 21, 2018
work day consists mostly interacting with customers making sure their financial needs are met. Great start for students. Lots of training and learning. Coworkers were fantastic
Pros
good for students, flexible
Cons
salary, benefits
Great Bank to Work For
Teller (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYAugust 9, 2018
This Bank Can Pay Employees More and Give Better Benefits, Like 401K Match! Scheduling is done pretty fairly which is a plus. Overall Great Bank To Work For
Help Desk
IT HELP DESK TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYJuly 20, 2018
Great place to work. Only there for a short time because of living situation. While I worked there, the manager was always willing to help and give me advice about improving my skills and advancement.
The vibe at this place is relaxed and pleasant. If I moved back to area, I would apply to this place in a heartbeat.
Fast Pace environment
Financial Service Associate (Part time) (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 17, 2018
Customer service is very important in this work environment
A typical day at New York Community Bank would be Handling large amounts of cash, processing deposits, withdrawals, transfers, loan payments, opening and closing account and selling bank products.
Pros
Coworkers, meet different people everyday
Cons
Short meal breaks
this terrible bank
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJuly 9, 2018
Where I live on Sttaten Island, the bank was mostly managed by cut-throat women who were hostile to customers and overall had terrible customer service. I worked at the Rossville Branch which is one of the worst. I won't say what I did, but the banking culture as a whole is just a disaster. I was treated okay I guess, but I saw multiple experiences where management and tellers were nasty to customers for no reason. This reflected on all of us. I wouldn't recommend working at this terrible bank.
Senior Software Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 8, 2018
Overall I enjoyed my stint at New York Community Bank. It was a challenging work environment but I was pleased with my compensation. Management was tough but fair for the most part.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Occasional unreasonable expectations from management
Great institution, diverse.
Financial Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 29, 2018
I had multiple roles in this institution. I spent my early years doing teller work and customer service. Then i was actually training the new hires when I was maliciously laid off with about 150 other employees.
Can be a splendid place to work for but management is from the past
Senior Financial Associate (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NYMay 16, 2018
Great work and personal life balance but not much room to grow or be creative and think for yourself. The weakness is in management and their ability to limit employees to socialize and interact with other departments or within department.
not a good culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NYMay 16, 2018
you are not empowered to make your own decision- not a place where you can develop and enhance your skills the right way. Good intelligent people work here , upper management needs to rely on these people for their knowledge. Many times their executive management team is antiquated in their ways, many have never worked at another bank other than NYCB, and they are not willing to change.
Pros
close commute
Cons
narrow minded, decisions are only made by two individuals, the wrong people are in positions
I choose not to respond
Sr. Loan Servicing Rep (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 8, 2018
I choose not to respond at this time regarding this subject. The company itself just needs to communicate with employees more when there are going to be major changes that could affect ones livelihood.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
no work life balance
NYCB the Bank with an Identity Crisis
SALES (Current Employee) –  NYC, NYMay 4, 2018
The 2018 Q1 review earnings says a lot the growth of the bank partly due to being cheap. WOW! for a $50 Billion company to have growth from being cheap is absurd. NYCB stock has flatlined because the Executives have curtailed growth. Frustration, anger and lack of morale abound at NYCB. Uneducated leaders at the helm of daily operations makes this a dangerous place to work for a career. The lack of communication makes this company a complete failure for the front line employees.
Pros
Cons
anger in management and lies and deceit in their delivery of tasks
Claims (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYApril 19, 2018
I enjoy working for NYCB! Exciting atmosphere, fast paced and always new.

I highly recommend working at NYCB.

Compensation and paid time off are above average in this field.
Fast paced and very competitive.
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 18, 2018
Upon signing in, I would review all of my tasks for the day, once reviewed I would then determine which tasks were to be completed immediately and work a queue of about 130-150 bankrupt files.
Pros
Flexible time schedule.
Cons
Micro managed.
Very nice people to work with
Financial Sales Associate - Ohio Savings Bank (Current Employee) –  South Euclid, OHApril 8, 2018
I love the people I work with. The work place culture is laid back and easy going. Typical day at work consist of opening the branch, helping customer's with their banking needs needs then closing the branch.
The atmosphere was great
Senior Foreclosure Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 29, 2018
It was a day of learning and educating myself to different rules and laws. I was not please that the company sold as `i was only there for a short time and unable to gain a full understanding of how the company operated.
Fun place to work. Stress free.
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  East Meadow, NYMarch 26, 2018
Very nice hours. Nice people to work for. Customers are very patient an understanding. Management is caring and very fair to every employee. The pay is good.
Pros
Nice banking hours.
Cons
Travel sometimes required.
Terrible
Branch Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMarch 16, 2018
Terrible place to work. Everything is outdated. Pay is a joke.
You do a lot for terrible pay. Their commission system is a joke.

They don't give you feedback for the good you do. Only point out when you make a mistake.
Cons
Good
Financial Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMarch 16, 2018
I worked for NYCB for many years, they gave me the platform I needed to be able to succeed, I've had many chances to be on both teller and desk which gives you a variety and keeps things interesting. It gives you the opportunity to move up and advance within the company. You are always busy and there is always something to do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New York Community Bank. Our community is ready to answer.